'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 185906 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136018 Nov 21, 2013
Crow__ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Huffington Post reported this story in September...of 2012.
Way to keep current, there, puddin' pop.
Btw, the principal never said the sandwich was "racist", rather that it could be used by children to find similiarities between their cultures.
Once again, regressives have taken something positive and twisted it to suit their own pathetic, hateful agenda.
Hello Crow. I loved being the 21st to click nuts, clueless, spam on some of the loser lemmings on here. As you stated the CONS take something and twist it to suit their own pathetic, hateful agenda. About like that chemtrail damaged zombie serb harping on slavery and the KKK like protesting a bit much that they don't OWN racism. She can't get it through the chemtrail fog in her head that those Democrats turned republiCON and that they have carried the torch since then. What a dumbass serb. Perfect terrorist dream like the
)8~D> batshit crazy loon and poor old jboy is slow as you can see on updated and relevant material. Good loon asskisser though. haha

Hope you had a great day. I did.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136019 Nov 21, 2013
Senate Votes For Nuclear Option

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) pulled the trigger Thursday, deploying a parliamentary procedure dubbed the "nuclear option" to change Senate rules to pass most executive and judicial nominees by a simple majority vote.

The Senate voted 52 to 48 for the move, with just three Democrats declining to go along with the rarely used maneuver.

From now until the Senate passes a new rule, executive branch nominees and judges nominated for all courts except the Supreme Court will be able to pass off the floor and take their seats on the bench with the approval of a simple majority of senators. They will no longer have to jump the traditional hurdle of 60 votes, which has increasingly proven a barrier to confirmation during the Obama administration.

Reid opened debate in the morning by saying that it has become "so, so very obvious" that the Senate is broken and in need of rules reform. He rolled through a series of statistics intended to demonstrate that the level of obstruction under President Barack Obama outpaced any historical precedent.

Half the nominees filibustered in the history of the United States were blocked by Republicans during the Obama administration; of 23 district court nominees filibustered in U.S. history, 20 were Obama's nominees; and even judges that have broad bipartisan support have had to wait nearly 100 days longer, on average, than President George W. Bush's nominees.

"It's time to change before this institution becomes obsolete," Reid said, before citing scripture -- "One must not break his word" -- in accusing Minority Leader McConnell (R-Ky.) of breaking his promise to work in a more bipartisan fashion.

McConnell responded to Reid by changing the subject to the Affordable Care Act and accusing Democrats of trying to distract Americans from the law's troubled rollout. Getting around to fidelity, McConnell noted that Reid had said in July that "we're not touching judges," yet he was now choosing to do so. Reid casually brushed off his suit coat and sat down.

McConnell compared the alleged duplicity to another Democratic piece of rhetoric. "If you like the rules of the Senate, you can keep them," he quipped, as the GOP side laughed heartily, which encouraged a pleased McConnell to turn directly to his colleagues and repeat the joke.

He then turned to the Democratic side and said he understood why inexperienced young members who'd never been in the minority might want to change the rules. "The rest of you guys in the conference should know better," he said.

Obstruction, McConnell said, began with the Democrats when they decided to filibuster Circuit Court nominees under Bush. "They made it up. They started it," he said, arguing that Republicans were only following their lead. His argument, though, raises the question of why eliminating the filibuster on such judges, if it was never used before 2000, should be seen as an historic development in the first place.

"Stop trying to jam us," McConnell said, warning that it would come back to haunt them. "You may regret it a lot sooner than you think."

CONtinued:

cry turtle man, cry and dream on

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136020 Nov 21, 2013
CONtinued:

Normally rules changes in the Senate need 67 votes, but the majority can challenge an existing rule, and if the presiding senator rules against the challenge, the majority can then ask for a vote on the chair's ruling. If a simple majority votes to overrule the chair, it sets a new precedent.

Sens. Carl Levin (D-Mich.), Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) and Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) broke with their party and joined Republicans in opposing the move. Pryor is in an uphill reelection contest, which may explain his vote, but Sens. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) and Mark Begich (D-Alaska), who are also top GOP targets in 2014, backed the rules change.

Levin, a Senate traditionalist, has long been the most outspoken opponent of rules reform, and led a successful effort to stymie the movement earlier this year. Manchin, meanwhile, has great reverence for the late Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), a fierce champion of Senate tradition, likely explaining his vote.(Byrd did make several attempts to change the rules himself when he served as majority leader.)

Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), who has long been skeptical of changing the rules, cast a critical vote very late in the process supporting the move.

That left Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.), a recent convert to reform, to cast the 51st vote, with Reid casting the 52nd.

The move marks a significant win for the newer crop of Democrats -- like Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley, the lead proponent of going nuclear -- who have grown increasingly frustrated as McConnell expertly employed parliamentary procedures to stall Democratic nominees and initiatives. Sens. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) and Tom Udall (D-N.M.) have also been longtime champions of filibuster reform, with Harkin's effort dating back more than two decades.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), who chaired the Judiciary Committee back when it was Democrats trying to stall Bush's nominees, echoed McConnell, suggesting newer Democrats such as Merkley, who have never been in the minority, were not taking the long view.

"They're -- I want to say this the right way -- they're rustling their inexperienced feathers," Hatch said, calling the historic move a "charade just to try and get off Obamacare."

"It's raw power that they're exercising, that, like I say, is a very dangerous thing for them to do," Hatch said. "They're going to rue the day they do it."

But Merkley disagreed, arguing the reform is "about clearing the decks of the Senate so we can actually spend time on legislation, we can actually address the cost of college, actually have job-creation bills on the floor, that we can address issues related to retirement security."

"I feel great," Merkley said. "Since I came here in 2009, I've been absolutely appalled by the dysfunction of this body."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/sena...

Old turtleman is a real comedian and dreamer isn't he? hahaha Nip their little game in the bud. I love it and Merkley got it right, they are dysfunctionable and have done nothing but block progress. THEY are the ones who are going to pay come election. Watch for it. haha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136021 Nov 21, 2013
Tim Scott Refuses To Endorse Lindsey Graham Reelection

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), a tea party-backed freshman, on Wednesday refused to endorse fellow South Carolina Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham for reelection.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/tim-...

LOVE it when they eat their own. Graham works for the benefit of his constituents and country and they shun him. Ignorant teabaggers.

RIP TEABAGGER GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136022 Nov 21, 2013
Bill O'Reilly Goes After Sarah Palin:'She Won't Do This Program'

"Sarah Palin won't do this program. She won't come on the program because she doesn't want to mix it up. She doesn't! She wants to give a speech, and nobody gives speeches here.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/bill...

LOVE it when fauxbox pundits eat their own too. hahaha

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

stomp those icons whiny little girls...try to get 20+ like you clowns got today. hahaha Posts removed is PRICELESS too. lmao

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136023 Nov 21, 2013
Charlie Crist Leads Rick Scott In Florida Governor's Race: Poll

Former Florida Gov. Charlie Crist has a 7-point lead over incumbent Gov. Rick Scott (R) in the 2014 Florida gubernatorial race, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released Thursday.

Forty-seven percent of registered Florida voters supported Crist, who was elected as a Republican before becoming an independent and then a Democrat, compared to 40 percent who backed Scott.

That's down slightly from two past Quinnipiac polls in March and June, when Crist led by 16 and 10 points, respectively.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/char...

A former republiCON Gov, turned independent, turned DEMOCRAT beating the republiCON incumbent Governor.....PRICELESS

lmao

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136024 Nov 21, 2013
Cocaine-Using Tea Party Rep. Demands Drug Testing For Food Stamps, Then Goes To Rehab

Tea Party Congressman Henry “Trey” Radel, R-Fla., pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine in a Washington, D.C. court on Wednesday. The case puts the spotlight on some interesting issues to be examined by a cynical public. Although his arrest on drug possession charges occurred on October 29th, not even Radel’s caucus leader, House Speaker John Boehner, knew about it until the day before he appeared in court.

According to Wikipedia, the freshman Congressman was elected by “one of the most Republican districts in Florida.” Although he’s been in office for just 10 months, Radel quickly became known in D.C.’s drug scene and was set up by his dealer to buy cocaine from an undercover officer. Court documents revealed that the October cocaine purchase was just one of several incidents.

Radel gets caught with cocaine and charged with a misdemeanor.

The first issue Radel’s case raises has to do with the disparity in sentencing for drug offenses. For getting busted with cocaine, he was given what appears to be the extraordinarily light sentence of one year on probation and a $250 fine. Although Washington, D.C. law classifies possession of any drug for personal use, other than PCP, as a misdemeanor, Radel could have been sentenced to 180 days in jail and a fine of $1,000. If the arrest had happened in his own home state of Florida, he would have been charged with a third degree felony. The sentence could have been up to 5 years imprisonment and a fine of $5,000.

In an interesting move for a Congressman with a conservative voting record, Radel has supported legislation to get rid of mandatory drug sentencing and to allow leniency for non-violent offenders. A self-serving position, perhaps? But it may also be part of his argument for softening the image of the GOP to broaden the party’s base. Whether he can sell his Florida constituents on any of the above remains to be seen.

At a news conference Wednesday night, Radel pledged to take a leave of absence from Congress until after the December break. During that time, he will enter treatment for addiction in Florida and will donate his salary to charity. He said,“I believe in forgiveness and redemption … I hope southwest Florida can forgive me for this. I’ve let them down.”

Average Americans suffer from hypocrisy on drug issue.

As long as he’s looking at who he has let down, in view of his current cocaine troubles, Radel might also want to re-evaluate his support for the farm bill currently being negotiated between the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate. The version the Florida Congressman voted for allows states to require — get this — drug testing for all food stamp recipients. Rep. Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) argued against the drug testing amendment as degrading. Ironically, he asked the chamber,“Why don’t we drug test all the members of Congress here. Force everybody to go urinate in a cup or see whether or not anybody is on drugs?”

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sees the timing of Radel’s cocaine conviction as rather fortuitous. She expressed hope that his drug problem might “humanize” the food stamp issue for the GOP. Dream on. The sponsor of the amendment, Rep. Richard Hudson (R-N.C.), quickly issued a statement through a spokesman that he ‘remains committed’ to the proposition of drug-testing food stamp recipients and that Rep. Radel’s situation has ‘nothing to do with’ the merits of the policy.

It’s bad enough for Republican Congressmen to insist that needy people must ‘pee in a cup’ in order to prove themselves worthy of eating. But the law is being finalized the same week that one of their own clearly couldn’t pass such a test himself. The continued insistence on demeaning an already distressed population is the height of hypocrisy.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/21/tea-p...

Typical CON HYPOCRITE

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#136025 Nov 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course pal, anything that doesn't agree with Democrats or makes Democrats look bad..."it is just irrelevant"... this is free country...!!!!!!!
LOL I conceded it happened, wtf more do you want?
Still f**king with Germany over the world wars?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136026 Nov 21, 2013
Anti-Obama ‘Revolution’ Fizzles As Only About 100 People Attend

Radical Obama-hater Larry Klayman called for a revolution to remove the president. That revolution started today, and drew about 100 people.

What if you gave a revolution and (almost) nobody showed up? That’s the question that deranged Obama opponent Larry Klayman has to answer now.
In October, Klayman called upon “millions of Americans” to march on Washington, D.C. The goal? To remove “usurper” President Obama from office.

Today, November 19, 2013, is the date Larry Klayman picked for his “revolution.” Did the millions he forecast to descend upon the city arrive in planes, trains, and automobiles? Are the Obama’s hastily packing and preparing to sneak out of the White House under cover of darkness?

Hardly. Larry Klayman’s revolution was not quite what he predicted it would be. Right Wing Watch estimates that “no more than a hundred people” attended today’s event.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/11/19/larry...

lmao at the big revolution...what happen loser lemmings? No impeachment? hahahaha Bunch of dumbasses.

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

#136027 Nov 21, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama had the same amount of time as it took America to experience Pearl Harbor and to liberate Europe from the Germans as Obama had to build his website and launch it. He couldn't do it. Wrong man or the job.
Your statement is untrue.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#136028 Nov 21, 2013
The Tea Party Exists Mainly Because Many Rural Whites Just Don’t Like a Black Guy Being in Charge

The Tea Party Exists Mainly Because Many Rural Whites Just Don't Like a Black Guy Being in Charge

I’ll be honest, I really don’t like to talk about racism as it pertains to President Obama. Not because it isn’t there — I actually believe it’s rampant throughout the Republican party — but because it’s just an argument that rarely gets us anywhere.

You can’t “prove” racism. Sure, you can use a few examples, but most will be dismissed as the exception and not the rule.
Hell, I can throw up a map showing the states of the Confederacy, the states which supported segregation and the “strongly Republican” states today (nearly all of which are identical) and these people will continue to deny racism has anything to do with their hatred of President Obama.

And I always love how on an anniversary like Martin Luther King’s birthday, his “I Have a Dream Speech” or the Gettysburg Address, Republicans suddenly pretend to be some representative of equality and civil rights.

Because, you know, it was southern Democrats that were the real racists. But what’s actually more believable:

Entire regions, and generations, of Americans magically switched their system of beliefs on equality and race relations, or…
The two major political parties simply swapped ideological beliefs over a few decades.

For that answer, you can just refer to the “Southern Strategy” as evidence of exactly what happened.

Watch, 50 years from now Republicans will be deny that they ever stood in the way of homosexuals gaining equality.

But now Republicans have the tea party. Quite possibly the most hateful, vile, ignorant collection of people to garner mainstream attention in decades. And of course, they deny racism has anything to do with their opposition to President Obama.

But let’s be honest, shall we? It’s a reality almost every liberal is already well aware of. The main reason the tea party exists, and has grown to be as popular with hardcore conservatives as it has (especially rural, white conservatives), is that many of these rural whites really don’t want a black man telling them what to do.
That’s it.

Sure, he’s a Democrat, so many Republicans wouldn’t have supported him anyway. But their hatred of President Obama goes well beyond what political party he represents.

And trust me on this. I live in Texas and as I’ve said several times, I hear President Obama referred to as some derogatory term for African Americans far more than I do by his name or as “the president.” You can almost hear it in the voice of many of these white conservatives. They detest the idea of having someone who’s black telling them what to do.“He wants to tell me I have to buy health insurance? Who does he think he is? He’s not my president.”

Their tea party rallies are almost mirror images of protests decades ago against interracial marriage or the ending of segregation. Groups comprised almost entirely of white people, claiming they’re preserving the “American way of life.” But of course they are—for white people.

Hell, I’ve been to a couple tea party rallies. The openness at which racism was embraced stunned even me. I figured there would be some, but the fact that most people didn’t even try to hide it was what caught me off guard.

So what it really comes down to for me is pretty simple. It’s a bunch of conservative, rural whites resenting the fact that a black man is in charge.

And at the end of the day, that’s where most of the communist; socialist; Muslim; anti-Christian; not a real American; show us your birth certificate propaganda comes from. Just a bunch of angry, rural white people resenting the black man in the White House.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/the-tea-pa...

Yep, RACIST teabagging CONS...

RIP GOP CONS

DITCH MITCH

out to have dinner. Have fun.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 9

Flat Lick Ky.

#136030 Nov 21, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attempted analogy is not only inept, it sets the bar at an all new high for idiotic statements.
First of all, WWII took longer than 16 months.
That said, what kind of idiot compares a task that at most, will use 0.00001% of the budget, to a war consuming all our government resources, a nation wide, massive volunteer effort, along with the complete cooperation all the nations industries?
What kind of complete moron, would dare suggest, that even a fraction of the same resources were available to the web site, as to a one of the most wide ranging global conflicts the world has ever seen?(Im looking at you)
Parts of the ATC were held up because the states were given the choice to opt in or out. The web site couldn't be completed until after the states deadline.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OZombies

United States

#136031 Nov 21, 2013
http://www.nbra.info/index.cfm...

WHITES, BLACKS & RACIST DEMOCRATS -THE UNTOLD HISTORY OF RACE & POLITICS WITHIN DEMOCRATIC PARTY FROM 1792-2009
By Wayne Perryman

~~~~~~~~~~

*Just another liberal deceit and a lie...trying so hard to rewrite history...Southern Democrats supposedly joining Republican party in the 60s and 70s (it didn't happen)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
OZombies

Whittier, CA

#136033 Nov 21, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I conceded it happened, wtf more do you want?
Still f**king with Germany over the world wars?
Thank you...would be nice if people admit (not you) what happened it was really bad and don't try to blame others and make excuses. Don't try to rewrite history either, wouldn't work. Instead try to help each other.

Level 9

Flat Lick Ky.

#136034 Nov 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.nbra.info/index.cfm ?fuseaction=pages.bookreviews
WHITES, BLACKS & RACIST DEMOCRATS -THE UNTOLD HISTORY OF RACE & POLITICS WITHIN DEMOCRATIC PARTY FROM 1792-2009
By Wayne Perryman
~~~~~~~~~~
*Just another liberal deceit and a lie...trying so hard to rewrite history...Southern Democrats supposedly joining Republican party in the 60s and 70s (it didn't happen)
Its ridiculous to claim all Democrats are racists.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MrC

UK

#136035 Nov 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
http://www.nbra.info/index.cfm ?fuseaction=pages.bookreviews
By Wayne Perryman
~~~~~~~~~~
"We have lost the South for a generation" ~ LBJ and you know what...they had, because all of the racist segregationist democrats in the south would now vote republican...and they did.

It took the democrats 20 years to recover from the civil rights act in the South, the GOP however will never recover from the tea party. LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#136036 Nov 21, 2013
OZombies wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you...would be nice if people admit (not you) what happened it was really bad and don't try to blame others and make excuses. Don't try to rewrite history either, wouldn't work. Instead try to help each other.
You're welcome.
I have never tried to claim the party is perfect.
Both parties have things past and present not to be proud of.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Walk On Water”

Level 1

Since: Apr 13

..Just to PROVE I can.....

#136037 Nov 21, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on uncle flabby, even YOUR dumb ass should be able to come up with something better than that.
Oh, well, I uh, duh, uh, whaaa mom-eeee!
Neener, neener, neener! Blah, blah, blah! Yada, yada, yada! Nana, nana, boo-boo! Whaa!
No wonder you are constantly on the forum posting 1970's zingers...no friends to talk to? Hang out with? None? LMAO Poor wittle fella.
sexual re-assignmernt therapy class end early?
Tell me I should come up with something better, then say neener neener

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I Walk On Water”

Level 1

#136038 Nov 21, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't read any of the previous posts but you come off as rude and crude. I guess you are used to low brow humor replacing intelligent dialogue. LCD, aka, lowest common denominator humor. Like bodily function and racist jokes appealing to the lowest end of the socioeconomic spectrum.
that's the first time I ever said anything crude, I promise

“I Walk On Water”

Level 1

#136039 Nov 21, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
I would explain but you are delusional and therefore you wouldn't understand. Waste of time. lol
circular stupidity, the hallmark of conservatism

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lj & t.edge wedding 8 min smdh 2
is anyone else afraid of dying alone 8 min All good 3
Lost Yorkie 36 min Help 10
"Jon B" 37 min Fact 5
Reggie ragland 1 hr Morning 14
Ruthie Goatee sentencing today 1 hr was in court cour... 5
lost yorkie 2 hr Help 6
More from around the web

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE