'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 232740 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Dixie Chick

Colorado Springs, CO

#123828 Sep 18, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a conservative?
Please define. What is a conservative?
Try a dictionary or maybe dribble lips will google it for you.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#123830 Sep 18, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
How's IT "feel" ...
I've been feeling IT for a while NOW!
All warm and fuzzy.:)

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#123831 Sep 18, 2013
Dixie Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF does any of that mean?
WTF are you?
One of Kentucky's finest no doubt.
Please treat our senator with a little respect ;-)
OZombies

United States

#123833 Sep 18, 2013
Good Night guys...!!
Great movie, on TCM...Mario Lanza-
THE GREAT CARUSO...!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123834 Sep 18, 2013
Snowden uncovers shocking truth behind Chemtrails

http://www.chronicle.su/news/snowden-uncovers...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123836 Sep 18, 2013
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff calls off US trip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america...

One of the first teams of heavily armed police to respond to Monday's shooting in Washington DC was ordered to stand down by superiors, the BBC can reveal.

A tactical response team of the Capitol Police, a force that guards the US Capitol complex, was told to leave the scene by a supervisor instead of aiding municipal officers.

The Capitol Police department has launched a review into the matter.

Aaron Alexis, 34, killed 12 people at the Washington Navy Yard.

"I don't think it's a far stretch to say that some lives may have been saved if we were allowed to intervene," a Capitol Police source familiar with the incident told the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/24153252
Jay

Springville, TN

#123837 Sep 18, 2013
All we need now is amnesty. 30 million more illegals who need medical care and coverage. Nice!!

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV)- Vanderbilt University Medical Center is expected to cut several hundred more jobs this week as part of a plan to eliminate more than 1,000 positions by the end of the year.

It's the second round of mass layoffs in recent months at the hospital, after about 300 employees lost their jobs earlier this summer.

"It is a difficult day here at Vanderbilt. It is a difficult period in healthcare," said VUMC spokesman John Howser. "The impact to our nursing staff is mainly at the leadership and support staff levels. The nurses that interact with patients directly, beside care, there is very minimal impact to that."

Vanderbilt administrators say the federal budget sequester, Medicare costs and declining research funding are prompting the layoffs.

"For the past several months, we've been re-designing workflow, work functions, job functions and going about this in a very systematic way to address the need to reduce operating costs by $100 million for the current fiscal year and by $250 million by the next fiscal year, 2015," Howser said.

They say it's a problem at other major universities across the country, and one that other hospitals in this area could experience as well.

"Smaller community hospitals will be very threatened financially. There will potentially be some of them that will close," Howser said.

The affected Vanderbilt employees will remain on the payroll for next 60 days and will still get benefits. The administrators will finish this round of layoffs by the end of the year. Meanwhile, there are managers and career counselors on the campus this week to help.

Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123838 Sep 18, 2013
Navy Yard shootings: No shift in guns debate coming

As I write I hear a trail for a discussion on NPR radio. Even as President Barack Obama paid tribute to those killed, you could hear that he had made up his mind that this was no terrorist attack but yet another example of out of control gun violence.

But one thing is missing from this debate - open minds.

The assumption in Britain is that another shocking mass murder will make people more open to gun control. But the debate is so emotional, so partisan that the two sides are already lined up in two hostile camps. Those who are against gun control will point out that Washington DC has some of the toughest laws in the country.

Even before he opened fire, Aaron Alexis was probably breaking the law already by carrying guns.

Gun control opponents will argue that making more laws for him to break would not have stopped the crime. Some will make the argument that if more workers had guns the gunman would have been killed sooner and fewer would have died.

It is worth remembering that the jolting, sickening shock of the Sandy Hook killing of children just before Christmas did seem to change the debate, just a little.

But the wave of passion ebbed away within months. Mr Obama used it to launch a political campaign for new laws. He called for what some would regard as very small changes - a ban on military-style assault rifles and a background check for all gun buyers (at the moment sales at gun shows are excluded).

Those proposals aren't quite formally dead, but they are languishing with little apparent chance of revival. This shooting may change that, but I would be very surprised.

The real point may not be legal, but cultural.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-241...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123839 Sep 18, 2013
Jay wrote:
All we need now is amnesty. 30 million more illegals who need medical care and coverage. Nice!!
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV)- Vanderbilt University Medical Center is expected to cut several hundred more jobs this week as part of a plan to eliminate more than 1,000 positions by the end of the year.
It's the second round of mass layoffs in recent months at the hospital, after about 300 employees lost their jobs earlier this summer.
"It is a difficult day here at Vanderbilt. It is a difficult period in healthcare," said VUMC spokesman John Howser. "The impact to our nursing staff is mainly at the leadership and support staff levels. The nurses that interact with patients directly, beside care, there is very minimal impact to that."
Vanderbilt administrators say the federal budget sequester, Medicare costs and declining research funding are prompting the layoffs.
"For the past several months, we've been re-designing workflow, work functions, job functions and going about this in a very systematic way to address the need to reduce operating costs by $100 million for the current fiscal year and by $250 million by the next fiscal year, 2015," Howser said.
They say it's a problem at other major universities across the country, and one that other hospitals in this area could experience as well.
"Smaller community hospitals will be very threatened financially. There will potentially be some of them that will close," Howser said.
The affected Vanderbilt employees will remain on the payroll for next 60 days and will still get benefits. The administrators will finish this round of layoffs by the end of the year. Meanwhile, there are managers and career counselors on the campus this week to help.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Thanks Jay ...
For all your comments
They are appreciated!

<3
American Lady

Danville, KY

#123840 Sep 18, 2013
OZombies wrote:
Good Night guys...!!
Great movie, on TCM...Mario Lanza-
THE GREAT CARUSO...!!
Good Night Z :)
YOU are a *Patriot*...!!!
-n-
Good Night to ALL *Patriots*...
Thanks for Keeping on KEEPING ON
In spite of the 'flack' WE get!

<3

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#123841 Sep 18, 2013
American Lady wrote:
Snowden uncovers shocking truth behind Chemtrails
http://www.chronicle.su/news/snowden-uncovers...
I bet the low life knows where they are hiding Bigfoot too. ;-)
Jay

Springville, TN

#123842 Sep 18, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jay ...
For all your comments
They are appreciated!
<3

Well, it looks like the Dixie Chick skipped out because she can't tell us why she's a conservative.

As for Vandy, I've been a visitor there. Fabulous hospital state of the art. We all know why the layoffs. It's happening across the country and you will see more as time goes by.
Jay

Springville, TN

#123843 Sep 18, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the low life knows where they are hiding Bigfoot too. ;-)

Big Foot comes out at night to hunt. He prowls your woodsy area. Make sure your blinds are closed because you will freak out at his red eyes staring at you in your window.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#123844 Sep 18, 2013
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Foot comes out at night to hunt. He prowls your woodsy area. Make sure your blinds are closed because you will freak out at his red eyes staring at you in your window.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#123845 Sep 19, 2013
OZombies wrote:
Poor Obama leaning on Putin to rescue him on Syria now...Obama is all talk and no action. Not even teleprompter can help him now...!!
Putin is KGB, Obama is the best the m.Brotherhood could install in America. The US Congress needs to pay attention, they will be held responsible.
SyrianWMD

Manchester, KY

#123847 Sep 19, 2013
In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0719...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Level 1

At Your Mama's House

#123849 Sep 19, 2013
SyrianWMD wrote:
In 2006, former Iraqi general Georges Sada, second in command of the Iraqi Air Force who served under Saddam Hussein before he defected, wrote a comprehensive book, "Saddam's Secrets."
Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/0719...
Follow us:@IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook
WoW! Quite the contraversial piece of information.
Exactly the kind of stuff (fantasy?)that would sell books.
This guy sided with the US during the invasion. I wonder why he didn't tell Bush, and if he did, I wonder why Bush didn't demand Syria release the weopons to US custody?
Either seniario makes Bush look bad.
Vern

Switzerland

#123851 Sep 19, 2013
Dixie Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
"How would YOU fight evil?"
I WOULD GO ALL CAPS LOCK ON ITS ASS!!!
SEMPER FI RETARD!!!
the real Vern...know what I mean? Where is that resident "this ones for you" on this particular posts. Yo yo, this one is for you, you then have nothing to say from your side this time.
Vern

Switzerland

#123854 Sep 19, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
WoW! Quite the contraversial piece of information.
Exactly the kind of stuff (fantasy?)that would sell books.
This guy sided with the US during the invasion. I wonder why he didn't tell Bush, and if he did, I wonder why Bush didn't demand Syria release the weopons to US custody?
Either seniario makes Bush look bad.
Americans need to stay with the here and now! Syria and Aasad just put a damper in your presidents plans for himself and you. Do you not see the writing on the wall from your leadership. Fools voted their downfall by giving the man a second term. He is campaigning this term for full control with the democrats help. Hark, they are finally waking up. Many are. Those hopefuls on here that say RIP GOP...not on your life. Others countries see this when Americas citizens, so many if then, cannot face the real truth. Know what I mean? Seriously.
Vern

Switzerland

#123855 Sep 19, 2013
RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>
Putin is KGB, Obama is the best the m.Brotherhood could install in America. The US Congress needs to pay attention, they will be held responsible.
Aasad and Syria put a kink in their plan. You have the right idea here. Lies will come home with the guilty cowards. Enough Americans are waking up. Put the hot shot to their arsels.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitney Beth Raymer 7 min Damn 7
Where are the Pokemon Go stops in Owensboro? 37 min PokeMeMan 3
Jeremy creed tolson 2 hr Truth 6
D**** piercing 2 hr Loveit 5
rick stallings 3 hr yea 6
Nurse in white explorer 3 hr Truth 8
ryan hunt (Jul '14) 5 hr killn 32

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance