'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 4,110)

Showing posts 82,181 - 82,200 of138,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

I see the A Lunatic and the goat girl are reunited again. Goat girl must of just got out of rehab. Didn't help though. Still baaaaa like the goat girl it is. lol

Great day in the news. I see one repuke posted ole turtle man being outted for the scumbag that he is:

McConnell aides secretly taped ripping Ashley Judd
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57578612/...

You may have also "noticed" President Obama WON reelection by a wider margin than 2008, despite all Republican efforts to make voting more DIFFICULT. I don't recall anyone being "bullied" to stand in four, six and eight-hour lines to vote for President Obama. But tens of millions of voters DID.

Teabaggers, the buttcrack of America...(LOVE this one)

Mitch McConnell is a regular Joseph R. McCarthy. It does not surprise me that good people refused to run for office. The tactics corrupt politicians use to slander someones name is inconceivable.

Of course, we all know the FBI has nothing BETTER to do of national importance than chase down one of a group of petty Republican staffers bad-mouthing a non-candidate, who made a tape of their trashy behavior and leaked it to the Press.
Republicans calling labeling actions as 'Nixonian' is the pot calling the kettle black.

A few of the great comments on this site. Nothing more than the repukes/teabaggers eating their own. It was his aide and yet he will blame the Dems. In the end, you will see how the repukes work behind close doors like with randpaul.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

GOP Cruzin' to a bruisin' with gun background check filibuster

If Senate Republicans succeed in their filibuster against gun background checks — which are supported by 90 percent of voters and would prevent those on terror watch lists from getting guns to mass murder our children — it will be one more dagger in the heart of the discredited Republican brand that may well bring a rule change in the Senate that is long overdue.

The great curse of Republican politics, and the great reason that Democrats have won so many national elections in the last decade, is that GOP politics is now an arms race among extremists who drive each other and drive the GOP further outside mainstream America.

Consider the case of Sens. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who compete to lead the extremist wing of Republicans, with each one trying to outdo the other to prove who is more out of touch with America. And Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) increasingly looks like a hostage to this GOP arms race toward political extremism.

Regarding the filibuster against background checks, Sen. John McCain (R), the Arizona war hero who publicly reprimanded Cruz for his McCarthyite attack against war hero Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, is right. A filibuster against background checks is senseless and stupid from the party that is increasingly referred to (by some Republicans as well as analysts) as "the party of stupid."

Filibustering a proposal with 90 percent support is, ladies and gentlemen, the classic definition of stupid. Cruz comes out of a Texas GOP culture led by the man called "governor-for-life" Rick Perry, whose electoral career will end, in Texas and presidential politics, the minute his current term as governor ends.

As least Perry does not slander war heroes as Cruz does and is not publicly reprimanded by war heroes as Cruz was. What Perry does do is wage war against Texas healthcare, when he isn't waging war against Texas education, when he isn't waging war against Texas women, when he isn't incoherent in presidential debates and reduced to saying "oops."

Perry will not be reelected governor of Texas and will not be elected president. When his current term ends, Perry will find some well-paying sinecure in the assisted-living home for unelectable former politicians who cannot stop cashing in. And whether he does not run again or is defeated for reelection, he will have moved the Texas GOP so far to the right that the question is not whether but when Texas goes blue.

As for Cruz, he cannot control his need for attention or his drive to be leader of the GOP "stupid party" faction. And Paul too cannot relinquish the title of leader of the "stupid party" faction, so the more extreme Cruz becomes, the more extreme Paul becomes.

Cruz and Paul increasingly resemble two tango dancers, like Al Pacino and Gabrielle Anwar in "Scent of a Woman." As for McConnell, a secretly sensible man, he is trapped in the inferno of low popularity ratings in Kentucky. He is not sure if he should be more worried about being defeated in a primary by a candidate of the "stupid party" faction or in a general election by the moderate and appealing Democratic foe he will probably face.

If it were possible to create a tango dance ménage a trois, McConnell is trying to be the third dance partner with Cruz and Paul, and the whole ménage is dancing so far to the right that they are reduced to filibustering a proposal that would help prevent terrorists from getting guns.

DITCH MITCH

Continued
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
And you KNOW this how?????
my head is not in my ass,
I read
i listen to the news.
i think, therefore I am...right
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

continued:

I doubt this filibuster will succeed, but if it does, watch for the Senate to change the filibuster rules. The new rule would simply require that filibustering GOP senators hold the floor to tell the nation, live and in real time on national television, why 90 percent of America is wrong and why they would help terrorists get guns to mass murder America's children.

That, my friends, is called Cruzin' to a bruisin'.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/nationa...

How's that GOP reBRANDing going for you repukes. hahaha It's going great for the Dems. Keep it up. We are loving how ignorant you people are to the MAJORITY.

DITCH MITCH
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
Former Secret Service Agent: Obama is NOT God
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
SS Agent is Wrong
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Deep in the Red of Texas, Republicans Fight the Blues

AUSTIN, Texas—Soon after Texas Republicans notched another round of lopsided wins last November, the state GOP sent notice to its local chapters: Please stop holding party meetings in country clubs.

Other advice followed. Please consider hosting Republican recruiting tables at naturalization ceremonies. Word spread among state GOP lawmakers to back off on bills targeting illegal immigrants in the legislative session.

But Republicans here are suddenly looking over their shoulder, worried that demographic shifts and a big push by Democrats to capitalize could soon turn the state into the ultimate battleground between the two parties. One of the most important backroom players in President Obama's 2012 campaign has launched a broad effort to pull the state into the Democratic column.

Read more:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...

Perry 'indeed' open to 2016 bid

Perry made a bid for the 2012 GOP nomination, but his candidacy was derailed after he couldn't remember a key portion of his platform; namely, which federal agencies he would eliminate if elected president.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/...

HAHAHA PRICELESS

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

GOP off to a bad start for 2016

Washington (CNN)-- Democrats acting like Republicans. Republicans acting like Democrats. The 2016 presidential contest is shaping up to be the political equivalent of gender-bending.

Democrats are coalescing early around a front-runner who certainly will be lavishly funded, Hillary Clinton. She's campaigning on the familiar GOP platform: "Next in line."

Meanwhile, a twice-beaten Republican Party finds itself doing as Democrats often did in the Reagan era, surveying a field of little-knowns and hoping for magic. The Republican field is led by two freshman senators: Rand Paul of Kentucky and Marco Rubio of Florida, plus a member of the House and the party's 2012 vice presidential nominee, Paul Ryan.

Three things are immediately striking about the top of the Republican field:

1) It's not only Washington-based, but it's all congressionally based. There is no governor in the top three, no general, no former Cabinet secretary, nobody with any notable private-sector accomplishment.

2) It's light on accomplishment. Ryan has to date been the most productive of the top three, but none of his famous budgets have been passed into law. Paul can cite no legislative accomplishments at all, only a stunt filibuster against the entirely imaginary menace of drone strikes against American citizens on American soil. Rubio has taken a lead role in immigration reform but must make some tough decisions about whether his future is best secured by negotiating a deal or scuttling one. None of the three Republican front-runners has any administrative experience to speak of.

3) It's intensely doctrinaire. Ryan was the author of much of the Republican Party's post-2009 tea party program. Rubio has to date shown himself an undeviating follower of that program. Paul dissents from some aspects of that program but in the direction of even greater extremism.

Rubio: No special pathway to citizenship

A party rebuilding from back-to-back presidential defeats has to face the possibility that the problem may be bigger than its candidate, bigger than its campaign tactics. There are a couple of obvious ways to address that possibility:

The party might look for an outsider nominee, a candidate so attractive in his or her own right as to offset the party's own unpopularity. This is what Republicans did by nominating Dwight Eisenhower in 1952 after five consecutive defeats by New Deal Democrats.

Or the party might allow an insider some latitude to edge back toward the political center. This is what Democrats did in 1992 when they nominated a pro-death penalty, pro-welfare reform, pro-free trade governor of Arkansas after losses under the party-line liberals, Walter Mondale and Michael Dukakis.

DITCH MITCH

Continued:
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Continued:

In 2016, however, Republicans as yet show no inclination to try either remedy. No independent superstar; no deviation from party line orthodoxy. The one Republican with the highest cross-partisan appeal, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, has been consigned to fourth place.

As the saying goes, the first step toward recovery is to acknowledge the problem.

The problem in 2012 -- as in 2008, as in the near-death experience of 2004, as in the popular vote loss of 2000, as in the loss of 1996, as in the loss of 1992 -- was the GOP's failure to offer an economic program relevant to the problems of middle-class Americans. The party's present three front-runners would not only repeat that failure, but double down on that failure.

The Republican Party desperately needs renewal, its early presidential front-runners are characterized by their rejection of change.

At a time when voters reject generic Republicanism, Republicans themselves are rallying to two of the most generic Republicans in the party -- and a third, Paul, who diverges from generic Republicanism only by offering voters even more of what they most dislike about today's GOP.
The party talks about learning from its mistakes. Thus far, the main thing the party seems to have learned from those mistakes is how to repeat them.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/08/opinion/frum-re...

It just gets better and better. They will finish the job the teabaggers started. Making them HISTORY.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Ben Carson and the wealthy conservative victim class

When I heard Dr. Ben Carson, the latest rightist flavor of the minute (rightist flavors come and go in minutes these days) whine about the supposedly evil, vicious, white, liberal racists who are picking on poor Dr. Carson, I immediately thought that with Leno and Fallon competing to host NBC's "The Tonight Show," perhaps Carson was throwing his beret into the ring.

He sounded like millionaire crony capitalist Newt Gingrich, millionaire former Fox News personality Sarah Palin, millionaire pizza magnate and would-be president Herman Cain, and other wealthy conservatives who enjoy playing the role of victims.

When a politician goes to a National Prayer Breakfast and misuses the occasion to make nasty, insulting comments toward a sitting president there to join in prayer and worship, that politician (in this case Carson) should have been taught long ago to have more respect for moments of prayer and worship.

Where I come from, he would simply be compared to the eastern end of a horse headed west with behavior such as this, a description that has everything do to with his misbehavior at a prayer breakfast and nothing to do with his race, gender or myopic opinions.

When Carson behaves this way, he has earned a spanking for his misbehavior and not a standing ovation from the partisans and ideologues of the right. Have they learned anything while enjoying two terms of President Barack Obama, while facing a high prospect they will next enjoy two terms of President Hillary Clinton?

I doubt that Carson will be anointed the new Republican "savior" (though the previous GOP savior is having a tough time these days).

I hope that in the end Carson does give his commencement speech at Johns Hopkins University, whose management so unwisely selected him to headline and whose students are now spanking Carson with protests after his latest insults to gays, which he more or less apologized for, presumably until his next insult to gays or the president or some other group.

This matter has nothing to do with Carson's silly charge that he is a victim of evil, white, vicious, liberal racism. This is more parody than politics.

The larger issue is how Carson, Palin, Cain and Gingrich are among the wealthy elites of the Republican right who refuse (listen to this carefully, conservatives) to take responsibility for their actions. Some on the right talk a good game about personal responsibility, but when they transgress or fail because of their own shortcomings, they whine and moan and blame others for their failures.

Leno and Fallon have nothing to worry about from the gentleman from Johns Hopkins.

DITCH MITCH
Repukes

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

You repukes and teabaggers have fun with those. Be back tonight for some laughs. I know you crazies won't disappoint.

My liberal friends will school you over and over. Great job guys.

DITCH MITCH
countrygirl

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't "hate" anyone. I am also very aware who our President is.
Please share with us what Obama has done to be considered a "winner".
Thank you.
one step to right, at least you acknowledge
the POTUS. Hint: romney is the loser...
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to support Obama and he will!! The seed has been planted!!
It's a fact, the more you talk, the stupider you sound.
Yes it is a word
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Repukes wrote:
continued:
I doubt this filibuster will succeed, but if it does, watch for the Senate to change the filibuster rules. The new rule would simply require that filibustering GOP senators hold the floor to tell the nation, live and in real time on national television, why 90 percent of America is wrong and why they would help terrorists get guns to mass murder America's children.
That, my friends, is called Cruzin' to a bruisin'.
How's that GOP reBRANDing going for you repukes. hahaha It's going great for the Dems. Keep it up. We are loving how ignorant you people are to the MAJORITY.
DITCH MITCH
It really doesn't matter what the senate does!!! Get the point!!!
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Not much, fuch face!!!
has it come to this?
is this the goodbye kiss?
cause if you say it is,
then that's the way love is.....
the way love is.
but you can still blow me
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove one racist thing they have said!

Racist Rush Limbaugh Quotes

1. "I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark."

2. "You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed."

3. "Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

4. "Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson
Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing."

5. "Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

6. "The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

7. "They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?"

8. "Take that bone out of your nose and call me back (to an African American female caller)."

9. "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve."

Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
Glenn Beck:

“This president, I think, has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture… I’m not saying he doesn’t like white people, I’m saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.”

“They put [the Three-Fifths Clause] in there because if slaves in the South were counted as full human beings, they could never abolish slavery.”

“Close your eyes and try to picture a great big friendly jewfish — That is, unless you’re Jewish. Oh yeah, and that reminds us: Jewfish get real stinky of you leave them in the car.”

Glenn Beck’s website, segments listing “rejected NCAA team names”, which include the “Los Angeles Limp-Wrists”, the “New Jersey Jumpin’ Jews”, and the “Atlanta Murdering Rampage of Savage Rapin’ Injuns.”

The content that really takes the cake on Beck’s website is a satirical (but no less offensive) parody song about the “New KKK”. The song contains lyrics discussing the “close-to-painful murdering of the dark people”.

In March of 2006, Beck characterized Mexico as a “country that has been overtaken by lawbreakers from the bottom to the top.” He criticized supporters attending immigration rights rallies, saying that “what [they’re] protesting for is to have lawbreakers come here.” When asked to clarify these remarks, Beck said he “pretty much stand[s] by” his previous statements that “Mexico is run by nothing but criminals” on his radio show the next day.

Beck listed the only three reasons a Mexican would come to the United States on his CNN show:“One, they’re terrorists; two, they’re escaping the law; or three, they’re hungry. They can’t make a living in their own dirtbag country.”

“It took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families… I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining… We did our best for them… But the second thought I had when I saw these people and they had to shut down the Astrodome and lock it down [because of rioting while supplies were being distributed], I thought: I didn’t think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims.” He continues to say,“This is a 90,000-square-mile disaster site, New Orleans is 181 square miles… And that’s all we’re hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones we’re seeing on television are the scumbags… It’s just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they’re getting all the attention.”

Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

HotC_2-point-0 wrote:
<quoted text>
has it come to this?
is this the goodbye kiss?
cause if you say it is,
then that's the way love is.....
the way love is.
but you can still blow me
LMAO!! Ask your daddy, I am sure he will oblige you, after all you are his #1 fuch face!
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
O'reilly:

“35 percent of the Hawaiian population is Asian. Asian people are not liberal, you know, by nature. They’re usually more industrious and hard-working.”
Anonymous

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to support Obama and he will!! The seed has been planted!!
what now you don't like seeds, or planting?

McDonalds called, they want their clown (you)back
Therealnews com

West Sayville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Republican Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazes me that you completely omit the over $6 trillion added by Obama in 4 years. It is estimated it will be over $10 trillion by the end of his second term. Bush $4.5 trillion in 8 years compared to Obama's $6 trillion in 4 years. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! What is so interesting is Obama doesn't think there is a problem and wants to continue spending. He wants to increase taxes on the rich to allow him to spend even more. No plans to reduce the debt.
With all due respect, Are you out of your mind?

Bush/Cheney were the first in American history to go to war without raising taxes especially on the wealthy.

=========

Iraq, Afghanistan Wars Will Cost U.S. 4-6 Trillion Dollars: Report
WASHINGTON, Mar 30 2013 / http://tinyurl.com/btmpjqj
(IPS)- Costs to U.S. taxpayers of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan will run between four and six trillion dollars, making them the most expensive conflicts in U.S. history, according to a new report by a prominent Harvard University researcher.
While Washington has already spent close to two trillion dollars in direct costs related to its military campaigns in the two countries, that total “represents only a fraction of the total war costs”, according to the report by former Bill Clinton administration official Linda Bilmes.
“The single largest accrued liability of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is the cost of providing medical care and disability benefits to war veterans,” she wrote in the 21-page report,‘The Financial Legacy of Iraq and Afghanistan: How Wartime Spending Decisions Will Constrain Future National Security Budgets’.
http://www.ipsnews.net/2013/03/iraq-afghanist...

----------

The Economic Consequences of Mr. Bush
The next president will have to deal with yet another crippling legacy of George W. Bush: the economy. A Nobel laureate, Joseph E. Stiglitz, sees a generation-long struggle to recoup./ by Joseph E. Stiglitz
December 2007 / http://tinyurl.com/22j48m
When we look back someday at the catastrophe that was the Bush administration, we will think of many things: the tragedy of the Iraq war, the shame of Guantánamo and Abu Ghraib, the erosion of civil liberties. The damage done to the American economy does not make front-page headlines every day, but the repercussions will be felt beyond the lifetime of anyone reading this page.
http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,181 - 82,200 of138,644
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
brandon stacy 31 min mmmhmmmmm 1
Review: Rhoads & Rhoads PSC 34 min smh 4
karma 36 min hey 13
Tara from Autozone 41 min manwithnoname 1
hey josh (Jan '12) 42 min really 26
ToTheOneAtWork 44 min hmmm 6
Ok ladies give it to us straight 48 min well 206
Funeral held for Owensboro man who took own lif... (Feb '11) 1 hr Katie 35