'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments (Page 2,253)

Showing posts 45,041 - 45,060 of144,900
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

firstofthemonter wrote:
What the Republicans dont want you to know!! Most of the Rs know that the gig is up, that 80 million Baby Boomers are getting ready to retire, and all those Tax Loop Holes, Off Shore Tax Heavens and the like are over, that they have to come up with a new Ponzy Scheme, to sock it to the working man, to pay for the Police Force that the Military has become, so they can push Caputalism all around the world, under the isquise of Democracy, but like Ron Paul says it isnt going to work. I used to work for a Fortune 500 Company, they knew or Predicted that all this was going to happen yrs ago, which makes what Bush has done that much worse, all this stuff that is giong on isnt an accident, it was well planned an orchastrated, look at who has really lost anything, the little man, follow the money, whats worse they will go as far as using God, anyone that has half a brain knows the only thing that they worship is the WORLD, dont B deceived, read your Bible ask God for wisdom to understand, and I promise you he will give it.
Read 'The Bush Agenda; Invading The World, One Economy at a Time' by Antonia Juhasz. It expounds/expands on your post here. Some of it just plain scary!
firstofthemonter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Syl wrote:
PS again.. I can picture down the road a ways.
The middle can't handle paying all those taxes. What next then?
Maybe we can hold out a little if we had some savings,but when they are gone, and we can't pay property taxes, you know the government will take everything we have. Our children won't inherit anything from us. But the government will.Better be thinking about things like that. That's communism and we
are heading there faster than a jet breaking the sound barrier.
what Middle are you talking about, hell they are already paying for it all!
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

firstofthemonter wrote:
What the Republicans dont want you to know!! Most of the Rs know that the gig is up, that 80 million Baby Boomers are getting ready to retire, and all those Tax Loop Holes, Off Shore Tax Heavens and the like are over, that they have to come up with a new Ponzy Scheme, to sock it to the working man, to pay for the Police Force that the Military has become, so they can push Caputalism all around the world, under the isquise of Democracy, but like Ron Paul says it isnt going to work. I used to work for a Fortune 500 Company, they knew or Predicted that all this was going to happen yrs ago, which makes what Bush has done that much worse, all this stuff that is giong on isnt an accident, it was well planned an orchastrated, look at who has really lost anything, the little man, follow the money, whats worse they will go as far as using God, anyone that has half a brain knows the only thing that they worship is the WORLD, dont B deceived, read your Bible ask God for wisdom to understand, and I promise you he will give it.
OMG!!!!!!! You worked for a Fortune 500 Company? LOL As soon as I pick myself up off the floor and stop laughing, I'm going to ask my baby boomer husband where the hell he's hiding all that loot baby boomers are suppose to have. Thanks for letting me in that secret of theirs. "Belks department store, here I come."
By the way, it's easy to see why you don't work for them anymore.
By the way, Obama said, when he was running for president first time, he wanted a "domestic military" {not right word, but can't think of the word he used back then} That's so he can control the citizens in case, or I should say when the time comes and we've had enough, and get out of control . He wants a military who won't hesitate to shoot us on orders.
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Sorry bout that. One "by the way," too many. Laughing and proof reading don't mix.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

this ones for you wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Tea Party Republican!
Your just fine friend..It's the extremists that use our voice that make me mad!
If there was more good Republicans like you and good Democrats like me
maybe things would actually get done for the good people of this country.
You just teach your children/grandchildren well..tell them the truth about what the real cost of the Red,white and Blue was! Don't let the
Extremists muddle that sacrifice up for them.
My mother was REPUBLICAN and so were my Grandparents so i no what you feel about that aspect.lol
As far as MSNBC you know I'll tell you the truth...From about 3:pm to 10:pm it's liberal spin...thats fact.
But don't think I don't watch FOX they have their conservative spinners too!
But we need people who can come together and get things done for this Nation and it people.
But as long as they're getting their pockets lined not much will change!
Good Decent people won't have anything to do with Washington anymore.
So where do we go from here???
But believe you're a good guy...It's pretty easy to tell who's for real on here and who's just trying to stir up trouble for a laugh!
know what I mean?
Your friend
tofy
TOFY---what we need are more citizens with the good sense you just posted! Thank you.
Consider myself a reformed Democrat,now a Republican and Tea Party person.The one way,I think,to get back to more honest and decent persons in Congress is to remove the money collecting they all do.If they all went there to work and not get paid when they do not,and could not accept money from any person,lobbyist,company ,or,anywhere,and the PAC`s were eliminated,maybe they would not have any obligations to the givers.
I truly believe tax money,limited amount,none other could be used,limited time to run for public office,could work for the good of the Country.If any wanted to give for campaigns,it would have to go to this pot.Sorry,but don`t think any but maybe the Tea Party people would ever do it.
we won

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

frank and me think all republicans are stupid and evil. We know republicans are greedy and hatefilled and should have no rights to anything.

Divide all the money equally among everybody!!!!!!!

Obama president for life!!!!!!!!!!
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>Read 'The Bush Agenda; Invading The World, One Economy at a Time' by Antonia Juhasz. It expounds/expands on your post
here. Some of it just plain scary!
So is the Movie, "2016." So is the movie "Last ounce of courage" at least for Christians.
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

firstofthemonter wrote:
<quoted text> what Middle are you talking about, hell they are already paying for it all!
MIDDLE CLASS

“"Who's happier than me?"”

Since: Oct 11

Brush mountain Ky

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
TOFY---what we need are more citizens with the good sense you just posted! Thank you.
Consider myself a reformed Democrat,now a Republican and Tea Party person.The one way,I think,to get back to more honest and decent persons in Congress is to remove the money collecting they all do.If they all went there to work and not get paid when they do not,and could not accept money from any person,lobbyist,company ,or,anywhere,and the PAC`s were eliminated,maybe they would not have any obligations to the givers.
I truly believe tax money,limited amount,none other could be used,limited time to run for public office,could work for the good of the Country.If any wanted to give for campaigns,it would have to go to this pot.Sorry,but don`t think any but maybe the Tea Party people would ever do it.
Thank you,Whitehair..I've always considered
you a very honest person,and respect your posts!
You're right,but look the congress gets elected every two years so they're barely in office..then they start asking for campaign money to get re-elected and we hardly get to know what they've voted on.
It's crazy!
Then there's the lobbyist throwing money at them right and left!
The system needs a big OVERHAUL...but until one person stands up and says this is WRONG we should try something else.
We are stuck in the same cycle over and over and round and round she goes!
P.S
You don't have to apologize for what you believe!
I respect your belief's
And I learn from your wisdom...so keep on speaking your heart my friend!
tofy
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

TPR said:
Damn TOFU! You are quite the debater when you get riled! Very good post! I agree with a bunch of it, damn, I’m not turning into a Democrat am I TOFU? It would make my Dad so proud if I was, because he was, as well as my granddad and great granddad, don’t know where I went wrong, HAHA. Tell me, if you will, your rational opinion of MSNBC?

tofy said:
Hey Tea Party Republican!
You just teach your children/grandchildren well..tell them the truth about what the real cost of the Red,white and Blue was! Don't let the
My mother was REPUBLICAN and so were my Grandparents so i no what you feel about that aspect.lol
As far as MSNBC you know I'll tell you the truth...From about 3:pm to 10:pm it's liberal spin...thats fact.
But we need people who can come together and get things done for this Nation and it people.
But believe you're a good guy...It's pretty easy to tell who's for real on here and who's just trying to stir up trouble for a laugh!
know what I mean?
Your friend
tofy

Whitey said:

tofy said:
You're right,but look the congress gets elected every two years so they're barely in office..then they start asking for campaign money to get re-elected and we hardly get to know what they've voted on.
It's crazy!
The system needs a big OVERHAUL...but until one person stands up and says this is WRONG we should try something else.
P.S
I respect your belief's
tofy

WoW... just WoW ...!!!:)
You guys NEED to "run for office" of some kind ;~)

Later!
Are You Kidding

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker says:“There are some people, like the president, who define success, in government at least, by how many people are dependent on the government.… My view, and I think [Romney’s] view and others’ view of success, is just the opposite: It’s not how many people are dependent, rather how many are not dependent on the government. Not because we kicked them out to the streets, but rather because we empowered them to control their own destiny by getting the private sector back on track and that’s where real economic prosperity, and ultimately freedom, come from.”

Sixty-four percent (64%) of Americans believe too many people in this country are dependent upon government.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Are You Kidding

Mazon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
TPR said:
Damn TOFU! You are quite the debater when you get riled! Very good post! I agree with a bunch of it, damn, I’m not turning into a Democrat am I TOFU? It would make my Dad so proud if I was, because he was, as well as my granddad and great granddad, don’t know where I went wrong, HAHA. Tell me, if you will, your rational opinion of MSNBC?
tofy said:
Hey Tea Party Republican!
know what I mean?
Your friend
tofy
Whitey said:
tofy said:
It's crazy!
P.S
I respect your belief's
tofy
WoW... just WoW ...!!!:)
You guys NEED to "run for office" of some kind ;~)
Later!
This is actually the type of debate we need to have. Civil and respectful rather than name calling. I realize I have definitely been at fault. It is very easy to get caught up in it on this forum.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
This is actually the type of debate we need to have. Civil and respectful rather than name calling. I realize I have definitely been at fault. It is very easy to get caught up in it on this forum.
Most definitely agree!
It's so very hard to do that, when you have a certain few like we do.
I am guilty of some of it myself.
After "they" drew 'first blood' ;-)
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Are You Kidding wrote:
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker says:“There are some people, like the president, who define success, in government at least, by how many people are dependent on the government.… My view, and I think [Romney’s] view and others’ view of success, is just the opposite: It’s not how many people are dependent, rather how many are not dependent on the government. Not because we kicked them out to the streets, but rather because we empowered them to control their own destiny by getting the private sector back on track and that’s where real economic prosperity, and ultimately freedom, come from.”
Sixty-four percent (64%) of Americans believe too many people in this country are dependent upon government.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
It is called a strawman argument, a rhetorical device also known as a ‘logical fallacy’, whereby they built a strawman story by misrepresenting the opponents position as weak and then turning around and attacking it.
barney fife

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

we won wrote:
frank and me think all republicans are stupid and evil. We know republicans are greedy and hatefilled and should have no rights to anything.
Divide all the money equally among everybody!!!!!!!
Obama president for life!!!!!!!!!!
if you divided every penny in the u s evenly within 3 years the same people that are poor now would be poor then and the same people who are rich now would be rich then. money dont fix lazy or stupid , you decide wich you are.
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Without the 'nastiness'...
I'm at a 'loss for words'...

*_*

Something 'very' wrong with that picture!!! ;-)
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

'FAST AND FURIOUS' WHITEWASH BY JUSTICE DEP'T
Exclusive: Chuck Norris declares,'American people deserve answers'

Even with its omissions, the OIG report is a chilling indictment of a collapse in leadership at the highest levels of federal law enforcement. There may be 14 staffers who take the fall, but it’s clear that their political appointee superiors were either asleep at the switch, or willing to jeopardize public safety to push an agenda that remains undisclosed. Can anyone possibly need any more reasons to register to vote?

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/fast-furious-white...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

AMERICA HAS LOST A GOOD MAN
Exclusive: Barbara Simpson mourns death of patriotic, honorable Arizona sheriff

The reality of life and death has tracked my life for the last couple of years. During that time, 12 family members and friends have died. It hasn’t been easy.

I keep saying,“Enough, God!” But it hasn’t stopped.

It happened again last week. As I checked my emails late Wednesday night, I saw one from a regular listener to my radio program. She wanted me to know, in case I hadn’t heard, that Sheriff Larry Dever of Cochise County, Az., was dead. There was a single-vehicle rollover on a Forest Service dirt road south of Flagstaff.

No, I hadn’t heard.

As I read her words, I burst into angry tears.

Not again! Not him! No!

But it was – is – true. I got many messages from my listeners; they loved him, as I did.

Another wrote me:“Sheriff Dever was the best. People like that do not come along very often and they are precious.” He added he hopes for a full investigation of the death.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/america-has-lost-a...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

OBAMA SNUBS WORLD LEADERS, APPEARS ON 'VIEW'
'Campaigning triumphs over governance once again'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/obama-snubs-world-...

ac287149

Hey the guy feels entitled to a little air-time once in a while to discuss the progress he's made. He wants you to agree, so he goes on shows like Letterman and the View. So what, the people he's dissing are the same ones involved in the biggest foreign policy crisis we've had in two generations. Hey, Obama's proud of his record of creating chaos, disorder, and lawlessness out of a modicum of stability. It's his victory lap and he's fully engaged in revelling.

I'm going to 'apologize' first...
BUT say....
I HAVE to "agree" with this comment!

Over & OUT!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Ok, have a question for you folks that excel in math.

They tell us that 23 million Americans are out of work. People who don't work don't pay taxes, other than the local and state types, etc.

But when you work, they take taxes out of your check.

If we are 300 million (give or take) in the US, and 47% are said to not pay taxes, then how can we have only 23 million unemployed?

Wouldn't it be closer to almost 150 million if it was truly 47%?

This don't make sense, I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 45,041 - 45,060 of144,900
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

78 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Mexican Named Ariel 4 min really? 23
Scott Beals Cindy Awfulford 5 min Nasty 8
Help Office 9 min Person 6
does domtar really pay 20$ hr (Apr '13) 10 min FoundryWorker 12
crystal morris and 13 min nomo 6
tattooed guys at atlantis 1 hr falcons069 4
Lisa Cecil Miles 1 hr Funny 1
•••