Price of hot water heater /install

Price of hot water heater /install

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Always Something

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Does anyone how much it costs to have a water heater installed? I know a new heater cost anywhere from 150-300 or more depending on which one. But I am afraid I will need a new one bc the pilot will not stay lit and this keeps happening. Just worrying a little.
dog

Greenfield, IN

#3 Jun 18, 2013
unless its leaking because of rusting you just need a new thermocouple.
Always Something

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jun 18, 2013
dog wrote:
unless its leaking because of rusting you just need a new thermocouple.
I don't think it's leaking or rusting. It is 10 yrs old and it came with the house when it was built. I am not positive but I think the thermocouple might have been replaced before. But, I will call to get it fixed in the morning. Thanks for your reply.
Scalding Fresh

Centertown, KY

#5 Jun 18, 2013
Get a new one because once it's 10 years old it will start to have more and more problems.

Sears is good. Or used to be. Installation usually costs about the same as the water heater itself, so you basically pay double. But if you get a good one, you pay more for the water heater without paying much more for installation.
Scalding Fresh

Centertown, KY

#6 Jun 18, 2013
One way to make a water heater last longer sometimes is to clean it out frequently. At least once per year anyway. To do that, turn the heating off, connect a hose, and keep draining it till the water comes out clean. You might have to adapt the hose. If you adapt it wrong, you're likely to get your floor very wet.
Always Something

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jun 18, 2013
Scalding Fresh wrote:
One way to make a water heater last longer sometimes is to clean it out frequently. At least once per year anyway. To do that, turn the heating off, connect a hose, and keep draining it till the water comes out clean. You might have to adapt the hose. If you adapt it wrong, you're likely to get your floor very wet.
I will just have that done when I get furnace or air serviced. I want someone to show me then I could clean it myself. Thanks for the info.

Since: Jul 11

White Plains, KY

#8 Jun 19, 2013
Scalding Fresh wrote:
Get a new one because once it's 10 years old it will start to have more and more problems.
Sears is good. Or used to be. Installation usually costs about the same as the water heater itself, so you basically pay double. But if you get a good one, you pay more for the water heater without paying much more for installation.
don't get henry plumbing in Owensboro they put one in with no service tag or inspection on it and try to charge me they are no good
Scalding Fresh

Centertown, KY

#9 Jun 19, 2013
robert76 wrote:
<quoted text>don't get henry plumbing in Owensboro they put one in with no service tag or inspection on it and try to charge me they are no good
How long ago was that? Did they finally resolve the problem?

Since: Jul 11

White Plains, KY

#10 Jun 19, 2013
Scalding Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
How long ago was that? Did they finally resolve the problem?
about a year ago no they did not do nothing but I hope you find someone you can trust
Always Something

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jun 19, 2013
robert76 wrote:
<quoted text>about a year ago no they did not do nothing but I hope you find someone you can trust
I called around today and got some prices. One thing that is good, the water heater will have to be inspected so if the job is not done right, I will know.
Always Something

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jun 19, 2013
robert76 wrote:
<quoted text>about a year ago no they did not do nothing but I hope you find someone you can trust
I do understand what your saying though. My mom recently had to buy a new one and after the installation, the inspector came by and went off. A lot of the work wasn't even up to code. It can turn into a big deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best places to work 4 min New 1
Walmart tobacco policy 18 min Ummm 1
Worst tattoo artist obky 19 min Dont care what yo... 9
omu sucks 41 min Kentuckygirl 3
Cop uniform fetish 46 min SharingAFetishSha... 1
Drug house 50 min Libya 13
Old men on motorcycles 53 min Gay Gibsonton FL ... 6
Dirt on Maegan Hagan 3 hr Letitbeknown 60
Owensboro City Commission Race 4 hr tutupoopoo 40

Owensboro Jobs