need some honest advice
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
lol

Dunmor, KY

#61 Apr 19, 2013
Indecisive Mom wrote:
<quoted text>And he gets the pleasure of being the child's father. I don't see how you don't somewhat see my side. I'm in no way being selfish. Im not the one that has to have that last name- its my child living with MY decision so I'm trying to make a good one. I already said I'm giving him his dads last name in a previous post (just in case I do get married someday), although I am paying for everything and raising him the majority of the time. I don't know why you would be pissed not having your fathers name, but okay. My bf has his stepfathers last name & my cousin has his moms last name and they are perfectly content with life.
Your bf would have his step fathers last name because he adopted him. Your cousin has his moms name most likely because his father isn't around. You would be selfish to NOT give your child your fathers last name when he IS AROUND. It's not that hard to understand.
lol

Dunmor, KY

#62 Apr 19, 2013
Indecisive Mom wrote:
<quoted text>And I don't think it's you place to say my parents did a bad job raising me. You don't know anything about me at all to even make that assumption. That's a little overboard. I have my fathers last name & know who my father is. My parents taught me to make decisions for myself & not worry about people like you.
Then why ask for opinions?
caring

United States

#63 Apr 19, 2013
If u are going to get child support, the courts will have you change the babys last name to its fathers if it doesnt already have his last name. So you might as well give ur baby the dads last name from the start.
Froggie

Hopkinsville, KY

#64 Apr 19, 2013
You are smart in your decision you have the right to make this choice. I do agree with the fact that you will get married one day and your last name will change. The last name is in no way a substitute for love. I can tell your baby's future and interest are the key component in this subject and that's what is right. You sound like a wise person. Do yourself a favor and do not listen to most of these people on here. They give opinions based on personal experiences and not of what's best for a child. Just love your baby giving him the dads last will help to provide a closeness between your son and his dad. That will go along way in your baby boys life. And it will make the father be more accountable and connected.
mom

Owensboro, KY

#65 Apr 19, 2013
caring wrote:
If u are going to get child support, the courts will have you change the babys last name to its fathers if it doesnt already have his last name. So you might as well give ur baby the dads last name from the start.
Not true at all.
Jay

United States

#66 Apr 19, 2013
Emerald wrote:
<quoted text>
What I meant was, he would have to go through some processing to have his rights IF she denied him. Which 50% of the time, men ain't that worried and don't wanna go through all the drama. SHE has control over if his name goes on the birth certificate because the hospital automatically DOES NOT put his name on it if they're not married. So in that case, he would have to push for it & have a DNA test done & idk what else. So he has rights, he just has to fight for them.
agree
truth

United States

#67 Apr 19, 2013
mom wrote:
<quoted text>Not true at all.
Really? Wow. The courts made me and just recently made my neice change her babies last name due to recieving support. But tht was in indiana. Things may b different here. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.
mom

Owensboro, KY

#68 Apr 19, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wow. The courts made me and just recently made my neice change her babies last name due to recieving support. But tht was in indiana. Things may b different here. Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do.
Indiana is different.

My son was born in Indiana (not my choice), and he would have automatically had his dad's last name if his dad would have signed his birth certificate, or at least that is the impression that the hospital social worker gave me after he was born.

Since: Apr 13

Utica, KY

#69 Apr 20, 2013
Froggie wrote:
You are smart in your decision you have the right to make this choice. I do agree with the fact that you will get married one day and your last name will change. The last name is in no way a substitute for love. I can tell your baby's future and interest are the key component in this subject and that's what is right. You sound like a wise person. Do yourself a favor and do not listen to most of these people on here. They give opinions based on personal experiences and not of what's best for a child. Just love your baby giving him the dads last will help to provide a closeness between your son and his dad. That will go along way in your baby boys life. And it will make the father be more accountable and connected.
Well thank you! I appreciate that. I'm new at this whole being a mom thing so I was just seeing what everyone thought- apparently I shouldn't ask strangers who don't understand my situation.
Froggie

Hopkinsville, KY

#70 Apr 20, 2013
Indecisive Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you! I appreciate that. I'm new at this whole being a mom thing so I was just seeing what everyone thought- apparently I shouldn't ask strangers who don't understand my situation.
Most of the people on here are full of piss and vinegar. They read only part of what you write then give advice on there own accounts. I think your going to make an amazing mom. The thought process you putting into this displays that. All these fellas are pretty lucky to have you in there life. Hope they all appreciate you.
lol

Madisonville, KY

#71 Apr 20, 2013
Froggie wrote:
<quoted text>Most of the people on here are full of piss and vinegar. They read only part of what you write then give advice on there own accounts. I think your going to make an amazing mom. The thought process you putting into this displays that. All these fellas are pretty lucky to have you in there life. Hope they all appreciate you.
"All these fella" .... BLAHAHAHAHA!!!
Froggie

Hopkinsville, KY

#72 Apr 20, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
"All these fella" .... BLAHAHAHAHA!!!
if your going to quote someone to mock them at least get it right. The "fellas" are lucky she could be b itch like so many other woman and not give a sh it. The son is lucky his mom cares enough to make the right decision as is the dad. And the boyfriend is lucky to be part of things. She stated that her and the father both have other people in there life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5004 16 min Everyone knows 1
Cline post deleted. 24 min Yup 1
I use to watch my stepbrother mast------ (Sep '14) 32 min Anne 16
Seth Culver 55 min yep 16
Contacted 55 min Jedi Knight 6
All I want for my birthday is to spend in a Hot... 1 hr Jedi Knight 4
Rose Hamlet 1 hr god 4

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance