First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cantremember

Owensboro, KY

#1 Jan 31, 2013
Does anyone remember the name of the boy that died in gabes tower in the early 90's?
Manny

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jan 31, 2013
His name was Tony Montana. He was a political refugee from Cuba.
mmhmm

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 31, 2013
cantremember wrote:
Does anyone remember the name of the boy that died in gabes tower in the early 90's?
early 90s? i remember christopher james hakola died sept 5 1999 from barry havener beatin him with a toilet tank lid but not familiar with an early 90s death
Oh yea

Owensboro, KY

#4 Feb 1, 2013
What about the dad that murdered his daughter there??
cantremember

Owensboro, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2013
I remember the 99 incident...Dad murdering his daughter?? Do tell more!!!
bigbustout

Hopkinsville, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Yeah, this is news to me as well!
????

Tucker, GA

#7 Feb 2, 2013
What about the boy that drowned in the pool?
Taylor

Owensboro, KY

#8 Feb 2, 2013
I heard about the man murdering his child too. Maybe ten years ago? Not sure when but definitely heard about that
cantremember

Owensboro, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Boy if those walls could talk!!!
Truth

Owensboro, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2013
cantremember wrote:
Brandon Hakola was the name of the brother that survived the attack. Can't remember the first name of the brother that was murdered.
Truth

Owensboro, KY

#11 Feb 2, 2013
Christopher Hakola was his name...it just came to me. Brandon suffered permanent brain damage from the attack.
Taylor

Owensboro, KY

#12 Feb 2, 2013
What kind of attack?
duh

United States

#13 Feb 4, 2013
the boy was beaten to death witha toilet seat if i remember correctly. by his step dad or dad. i think. its a miracle his brother survived. for the friends and family of this boy, your loss was tragic and deepest sympathy for your famiy.
horrible

Tucker, GA

#14 Feb 4, 2013
It was a toilet tank lid. The ceramic back of the toilet.
truth

Whitestown, IN

#15 Feb 4, 2013
And it wasn't his stepdad. It was just a man (Barry Havener) who was also living at the hotel. Said he got sick of listening to them run around the hall.
Taylor

Owensboro, KY

#16 Feb 4, 2013
truth wrote:
And it wasn't his stepdad. It was just a man (Barry Havener) who was also living at the hotel. Said he got sick of listening to them run around the hall.
Oh my gosh... That's so awful
Karen k

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jan 19, 2014
cantremember wrote:
Does anyone remember the name of the boy that died in ga
bes tower in the early 90's?
Yes. His name was Christopher Hakola. His little brother's name is Brandon Hakola. Christopher died from skull fractures. His brother survived. It happened at Knight's Inn, across from Gabes's Tower on Triplett Street, September 5th 1999. The boys were attacked by Barry Lynn Havener, age 40. Havener's mother said she had been trying to get help for her son, Barry, for a long time. He had a criminal record of theft and she thought he might be schizophrenic.
Karen k

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jan 19, 2014
The child's name was Christopher James Hakola. His brother's name was Brandon. Brandon survived, but was in serious condition. It happened at Knight's Inn on Triplett Street in Owensboro Ky, September the 5th 1999. Knight's Inn was across the parking lot from Gabe's Tower. It has since been torn down. More problems occured there. Barry Lynn Havener attacked both boys. The mother and father were separated. The mother stayed there because she and the boys were about to move into a new mobile home.

Barry Lynn Havener's mother said she had been trying for a long time to get help for her son. He also had a criminal record of theft. She thought that Barry might be schizophrenic. I heard no more after that.
Taiwan Reef

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jan 19, 2014
It happened in the tower. If I remember correctly, the guy tried to throw one (or both) of the boys out the window too, but the glass didn't break. The guy was Shane Havener's dad.
Karen k

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jan 19, 2014
Christopher Hakola was beaten to death with the top of the toilet tank lid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sam Thrasher and Jessica Ballis 19 min Why 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr bugs 908
Girls trip 1 hr dumb name stealin... 24
Why do people cheat? And lie? 1 hr My opinion 23
Any thoughts on huddle house 1 hr CiCi 15
Why do big white girls date blacks or mexicans 1 hr Bye 19
who caitlin hobgood have a baby with?? 3 hr Gibsonton gayness 5

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages