concerned

Duluth, GA

#1 Feb 13, 2013
Why are there cops at hager preschool?????
guy

Duluth, GA

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Man who wasn't allowed to be around his kids called saying he was coming to get them and that no one was going to stop him and he started waving a gun around when he got there. School was put on lock down and police arrested him
really

Owensboro, KY

#3 Feb 13, 2013
guy wrote:
Man who wasn't allowed to be around his kids called saying he was coming to get them and that no one was going to stop him and he started waving a gun around when he got there. School was put on lock down and police arrested him
OMG!!!
yeah

Providence, KY

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Was it when the afternoon classes were being held? My little sisters go there in the morning and no one said a thing about it.
guy

Duluth, GA

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Yes right before they went home this afternoon.
curious

Duluth, GA

#6 Feb 13, 2013
Why weren't the parents notified?
guy

Duluth, GA

#7 Feb 13, 2013
My guess is the school board trying to keep it hush hush
wow

Owensboro, KY

#8 Feb 13, 2013
Might want to get your facts straight, guy. There was nobody with a gun and nobody was arrested. I was there watching the whole time. Way to try to get people scared to take their kids to school though, guy.
guy

Duluth, GA

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Well wow my facts are straight cause I was there and watched the whole thing unfold. So you can get your facts straight
parent

Duluth, GA

#10 Feb 13, 2013
I hate to agree with a man on this but I have to here I was sitting in my car and watched the whole thing unfold from my car. They had the man in handcuffs outside if the school
mom

Owensboro, KY

#11 Feb 13, 2013
I'm just glad my kids were safe. Nobody for hurt. And the school acted quickly.
a loving mom

Owensboro, KY

#12 Feb 13, 2013
Just so everyone knows the truth about it the guy didn't have a gun and yes he was there to pick his kids up but he is also known to have mental illness and known to carry weapons so they done wht was need to do they lock the school down call cops and they served him with papers and searched him and he was clear of no weapons yes I'm very upset about not getting a call but if ur there then tell the whole truth bc I called opd and found everything out myself bc by the time I found out school was done n over with.... So tell the truth now on and u won't have to keep covering your butt with more lies
mom

Owensboro, KY

#13 Feb 14, 2013
Honestly, they can't report every lockdown situation to us. Imagine the frenzy that would put everyone in. As long as my kids were safe, I'm happy.
Another mom

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2013
mom wrote:
Honestly, they can't report every lockdown situation to us. Imagine the frenzy that would put everyone in. As long as my kids were safe, I'm happy.
I agree. At the end of the day I knew what I needed to know--that my child was at home safe with me and that he goes to a school where safety is a top priority.
me again

Owensboro, KY

#15 Feb 14, 2013
mom wrote:
The hell you say. No school for any age should ever hide that kind of thing from parents. At the very least send a note home or something. Parents need to know what their kids have been through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Haley Hall Magan 3 min garbage 6
Devin Nunez 16 min Brittiany Matthews 14
matthew lee vanhoose 22 min jamiewhittinghill 10
is H&R Block doing christmas loans. (Oct '12) 44 min Pauline doucette 40
Michael & Melissa Martin 51 min Smh 9
'Moonshiners' Disinvited from Christmas Parade 1 hr Jesus 12
What church helps with bills 1 hr PantsDownZipperOpen 25
Need help moving 2 hr Sara 50
Owensboro Dating