should we get rid of teacher unions??
your name here

Owensboro, KY

#62 Oct 17, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said a thing about working people. I said when lazy people start working. The problem with this country is that Democrats have created a welfare state. Until we quit playing Robinhood, this country will never turn the corner.
If the Democrats have created such a welfare state, why to RED STATES recieve the most Welfare?

Seems the Republicans are the ones on Welfare. Sorry for the annoying facts.
your name here

Owensboro, KY

#63 Oct 17, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the problem is businesses don't want to pay anyone a living wage. People should work but work should pay.
That is correct. Anytime a small business starts to pay well the Romneys of the world ship those jobs to China.
As long as we allow them to get tax breaks to ship jobs to China American workers will have a Glass Ceiling on wages.
PS. Sorry about the fack dumbass 'your name here' stealing your name
yup

Owensboro, KY

#64 Oct 17, 2012
Talking to rwtaylor is like talking to a wall and not worth the time.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#65 Oct 17, 2012
yup wrote:
Talking to rwtaylor is like talking to a wall and not worth the time.
Do facts annoy you?
angel2005

Gilbertsville, KY

#66 Oct 17, 2012
There are no unions in this country anymore. They went away with the typewriter. LOL. Teachers are used as pawns for parents to make excuses for kids not doing well in school. It is always the teachers fault.LOL Also, Most employers dont give a shit about anyone except themselves. If you think different, you are just kidding yourself.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#67 Oct 17, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>Do facts annoy you?
Dude, I could give you facts for days to prove everything you say wrong. You'll just continue to come back with the same canned bull$hit you say on every post. You sound like Obama with your generalized nonsense. It's not worth my time. Keep pushing your socialist agenda. We'll be there soon enough any way. There are enough brainwashed Obama supporters to get him in there again.
yup

Owensboro, KY

#68 Oct 17, 2012
Old School

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#69 Oct 17, 2012
yup wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, I could give you facts for days to prove everything you say wrong. You'll just continue to come back with the same canned bull$hit you say on every post. You sound like Obama with your generalized nonsense. It's not worth my time. Keep pushing your socialist agenda. We'll be there soon enough any way. There are enough brainwashed Obama supporters to get him in there again.
So facts do annoy you then.
Samantha

Owensboro, KY

#70 Oct 18, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So facts do annoy you then.
Facts??? You mean like Obama claiming in the last debate that he declared the Libyan attack an act of terrorism? Even though there are numerous video clips of him blaming a video??? Or facts like Obama said by the end of his first term unemployment would be under 6% if we passed the stimulus bill??? What do you call facts?
Old School

Owensboro, KY

#71 Oct 18, 2012
Or the fact that he promised to cut the deficit in half yet doubled it? Or the fact that he promised bills would be laid out for the public to see b4 they passed?(Pelosi said we have to pass it to see what's in Obamacare). Or the fact he promised to reach across the aisle to pass anything?
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#72 Oct 18, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be a brilliant idea - working folks would start gaining back some of the buying power they've lost.
no, they would lose buying power because the costs of all goods would go through the roof. With all the added labor costs, you could not afford to buy anything. WHy not just let supply/demand dictate what people earn? all Unions do is screw up the supply/demand ratio and forces consumers to pay inflated prices for products made under Unions. In this case, taxpayers are paying inflated prices for union teachers and getting inferior education results. Better teachers are in private schools making less money.
Castle

Saint Charles, KY

#73 Oct 18, 2012
Old School wrote:
Or the fact that he promised to cut the deficit in half yet doubled it? Or the fact that he promised bills would be laid out for the public to see b4 they passed?(Pelosi said we have to pass it to see what's in Obamacare). Or the fact he promised to reach across the aisle to pass anything?
How about this fact. Obama spoke in the debate about equal pay for women. Hey guess what? The average pay of a man that works at the White House is $71,000 per year. The average pay for the women is $60,000. Hmmmm??? Once again, the president talks a good talk but the FACTS do not match up to what he says. Can't blame that one on Bush ther pal. This is HIS White House. Before you start telling the rest of us to pay women equally...do it yourself!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#74 Oct 18, 2012
Castle wrote:
<quoted text>How about this fact. Obama spoke in the debate about equal pay for women. Hey guess what? The average pay of a man that works at the White House is $71,000 per year. The average pay for the women is $60,000. Hmmmm??? Once again, the president talks a good talk but the FACTS do not match up to what he says. Can't blame that one on Bush ther pal. This is HIS White House. Before you start telling the rest of us to pay women equally...do it yourself!
Now there's a useless fact. It's equal pay for EQUAL work. To give a stat like that without also adding how many women were employed as housekeepers or cooks versus how many are employed in a critical role is just a poor attempt at misleading people.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#75 Oct 18, 2012
65rolyatwr wrote:
<quoted text>no, they would lose buying power because the costs of all goods would go through the roof. With all the added labor costs, you could not afford to buy anything. WHy not just let supply/demand dictate what people earn? all Unions do is screw up the supply/demand ratio and forces consumers to pay inflated prices for products made under Unions. In this case, taxpayers are paying inflated prices for union teachers and getting inferior education results. Better teachers are in private schools making less money.
When workers earn more money they spend it on goods and services, which boosts the economy. When Mitt and his rich friends make more money they invest it in China or deposit it in foreign banks to hide it.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#76 Oct 18, 2012
Old School wrote:
Or the fact that he promised to cut the deficit in half yet doubled it? Or the fact that he promised bills would be laid out for the public to see b4 they passed?(Pelosi said we have to pass it to see what's in Obamacare). Or the fact he promised to reach across the aisle to pass anything?
There's a big difference between a promise and a goal. He reached across the isle many times but got tired if having his hand bit.
Castle

Saint Charles, KY

#77 Oct 18, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
When workers earn more money they spend it on goods and services, which boosts the economy. When Mitt and his rich friends make more money they invest it in China or deposit it in foreign banks to hide it.
How many jobs did obama's buddy Jeffery Immelt ( GE CEO ) send to China? Obama is borrowing money from China and then promptly blowing it on companies like Solyndra and other "green" companies that are failing left and right. Obama has never run a company, or for that matter, prior to his current position he had never run a company, or state or city or anything that would give me the credentials he needs to create jubs and balance a budget. He tried, he failed now move out of the way. Your man is going down in flames. I can't wait until mondays debate regarding foreign policy......bye-bye Barry!
yup

Owensboro, KY

#78 Oct 18, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>There's a big difference between a promise and a goal. He reached across the isle many times but got tired if having his hand bit.
He PROMISED to cut the deficit in half. He hasnt proposed a budget in 3 years. He PROMISED to be transparent. He hasn't priposed any legislation regarding transparency. These are things that he had control of. Those were promises, not goals. You can stop lying now.
Castle

Saint Charles, KY

#79 Oct 18, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
When workers earn more money they spend it on goods and services, which boosts the economy. When Mitt and his rich friends make more money they invest it in China or deposit it in foreign banks to hide it.
Your clueless. Small businesses create the jobs, that hire the unemployed folks that help boost the economy. Obama has smothered small businesses....I AM A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER. The other fatal mistake is this stupid Dodd/Frank bill. Banks have great rates now, record profits, but are doing very little lending. Why? Dodd?Frank has tightened lending down so tight that small business owners can not get loans. Even mortgage loans have been made more difficult to obtain. Before you go off on discussing something you know nothing about, NO, the mortgage loans that defaulted were not the 30 year fixed conventional loans that most people get. The loans that failed were loans that were high risk. I am fine with regs being tighter on those. But the regular loans have become harder to obtain and that is slowing the economy. Small business "development" loans are virtually impossible to obtain. This president took a bad situation and made it way worse. I live in the real world buddy. I have to produse everyday so me, my family and my employees can earn a living. So don't tell me how wonderful obama is and how awful Romney is. Obama failed. Period. Will Romney fail? I don't know....but I sure as hell will give him a shot. Obama has just about devasted us all!
MSU95

Elizabethtown, KY

#80 Oct 18, 2012
your name here wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are to dumb to be a teacher. Why complain, just get a job as a teacher and you will have it made in the shade.
Yes, I forgot since you are not smarter than a 5th grader, you can not be a teacher
Thank you for the laugh, you might want to brush up on to vs too before you try attacking someone else's intelligence.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Dunmor, KY

#81 Oct 18, 2012
Castle wrote:
<quoted text>How many jobs did obama's buddy Jeffery Immelt ( GE CEO ) send to China? Obama is borrowing money from China and then promptly blowing it on companies like Solyndra and other "green" companies that are failing left and right. Obama has never run a company, or for that matter, prior to his current position he had never run a company, or state or city or anything that would give me the credentials he needs to create jubs and balance a budget. He tried, he failed now move out of the way. Your man is going down in flames. I can't wait until mondays debate regarding foreign policy......bye-bye Barry!
The overall success rate for the US investing in green technology is at 95%- the boys at Bain would live to have that record.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chantae Hulsey is a felon 4 min funny 7
She's cheated more times than I can count on my... 7 min prison life 3
Crazy black dude that got kicked out of gateway 16 min Curious 1
Where's Pooper PoopDawgg Henderson? (Jul '14) 24 min Ummm 29
Hot guy on second shift at Fields 26 min Igotquestions 1
Marianas web 30 min Deep deep web 1
Jerry Bolin (Sep '10) 33 min Ummm 4

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages