What store sells sulphuric acid?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

Bill Guy The Science Nye

Owensboro, KY

#1 Sep 23, 2011
I'm wanting to conduct a chemistry experiment that I watched on youtube ( http://youtu.be/pqi50sjJVc0 ) for my chemistry class but I can't seem to locate sulphuric acid in any stores. I need this easy A so if anyone can help with info it would be much appreciated. I heard its in some drain cleaners but I don't know if that would affect the experiment since it looks like it needs to be pure sulphuric acid.
Just Say No

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2011
Bill Guy The Science Nye wrote:
I'm wanting to conduct a chemistry experiment that I watched on youtube ( http://youtu.be/pqi50sjJVc0 ) for my chemistry class but I can't seem to locate sulphuric acid in any stores. I need this easy A so if anyone can help with info it would be much appreciated. I heard its in some drain cleaners but I don't know if that would affect the experiment since it looks like it needs to be pure sulphuric acid.
Well, ask your instructor for it. Stop trying to lie and get pure grade chemicals. Anyone, who knows anything about it knows you don't bring your own chemicals to chemistry.
Bill Guy The Science Nye

Owensboro, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2011
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, ask your instructor for it. Stop trying to lie and get pure grade chemicals. Anyone, who knows anything about it knows you don't bring your own chemicals to chemistry.
It's for a how to video on chemical reactions and bringing carbon out of sugar to make glucose. This would just be an at-home experiment videotaped.
Just Say No

United States

#5 Sep 23, 2011
Bill Guy The Science Nye wrote:
<quoted text>
It's for a how to video on chemical reactions and bringing carbon out of sugar to make glucose. This would just be an at-home experiment videotaped.
Bringing carbon out of sugar... Makes no sense. What are you trying to make? In chemistry you don't bring anything out of anything.
Glucose is a sugar, isn't that good enough for you?
Bill Guy The Science Nye

Owensboro, KY

#6 Sep 23, 2011
http://youtu.be/pqi50sjJVc0 can explain it better than I can. Plan on using that as my sources for the voiceover.
york

Owensboro, KY

#7 Sep 23, 2011
Pretty sure I bought it at Walmart before. If Walmart doesn't have it for some reason Lowes or Home Depot should. It'll be with the rest of the drain openers in a bottle inside of a plastic bag. Works good on drains.
random

United States

#8 Sep 23, 2011
Can we say methy? Lmao
Just Say No

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Sep 23, 2011
Just ask your fellow meth producer aka garage chemist. He will know all your acid needs.

Level 1

Since: Aug 11

United States

#10 Sep 24, 2011
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
Bringing carbon out of sugar... Makes no sense. What are you trying to make? In chemistry you don't bring anything out of anything.
Glucose is a sugar, isn't that good enough for you?
he's actually right...the sulfuric acid will break all the bonds that hold the carbon nolecules together and youll just have carbon
Rebecca

Leesburg, FL

#11 Oct 29, 2013
You dumb assess sulfuric acid is used to clean hazy grout and other items such as plumbing. Get educated..
Mister Twister

Owensboro, KY

#13 Oct 29, 2013
Try Rural King
oh yeah

Owensboro, KY

#14 Oct 29, 2013
True value does i think
ABC

Vincennes, IN

#15 Mar 5, 2014
Rebecca wrote:
You dumb assess sulfuric acid is used to clean hazy grout and other items such as plumbing. Get educated..
There's this thing called, chemicals-aren't-single-use-it ems. Sulfuric acid has an infinite amount of purposes ranging from, as you said, pluming to storing energy in a large cell called a car battery. It's a strong acid, and can break lots of bonds extremely easily, and the person above is going to utilize this for a chemistry experiment. You can buy Liquid Fire at rural king for about 8 dollars. It's sulfuric acid with a little buffer mixed in.
lmao

United States

#16 Mar 5, 2014
Lmao wtf u crackheads r pathatic ...ive heard it all now ....i cannot believe i have to breath the same air as pathatic losers like u ...
doyouknow

Ashburn, VA

#17 Mar 5, 2014
its at walmart by all the plumber stuff its the drain cleaner that has a bottle in a bag
llcoolp

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Mar 5, 2014
what wrote:
What kind of drains is it used for? I would think it would damage metal drains.
The kind you make meth in!
003MicheleB

United States

#20 Jan 25, 2015
lmao wrote:
Lmao wtf u crackheads r pathatic ...ive heard it all now ....i cannot believe i have to breath the same air as pathatic losers like u ...
I realize the date this all started was almost four years ago , and this comment just this past year, but I could not contain my self from speaking up for a young person that reached out to the world, via the internet, for advice and received comments like this. People, if you have nothing good or positive or helpful to say, then why say anything at all? To be ugly? To demean a fellow person, to hurt, to abuse, to tear down? This was a school kid. If you automatically assumed he/she was a liar it's because you assume everyone will automatically be like you. Spoiler alert, for all you mean inferiority complex suffering peeps that called this youngster everything from a liar to a crack head because you feel you are okay to do that because in your own eyes and mind you feel you are so much better than the person you are tearing apart,(ps tho...you're not), most people are generally honest and upright. As an experienced person, I have found it truer than not , that for the greatest part, the person to be watchful of is the person who is always assuming the worst of others. All things are dynamic, meaning my opinions could change, becoming stronger to this view or running far away from it, but for now I maintain it. Last part...
As a small profit bearing hobby , I harvest gold from different sources. One method of gold recovery from plated items only, so far as I know now, is called reverse electroplating. In this process sulphur acid is used as a bath while battery cables are introduced to, one, an anode and, two, a cathode. The sulphur acid, electric current and the "odes" work together to strip, quickly , the gold plating from the base metal it covered.
It is my opinion that all of us might benefit greatly from thinking before we respond about our response and how it might effect someone,(like a good-looking for advice who ended up being battered and having to defend himself instead) and believing in others as much as we believe in ourselves.
003MicheleB

United States

#21 Jan 25, 2015
But on another note, nothing makes me happier than servicing big black dong, the touch, taste, sight and smell exhilarate the senses!
baker

Bowling Green, KY

#22 Jan 25, 2015
So damn sick of meth heads and their lye. Cannot wait till Kentucky finally passes the bill that will require you to show your drivers license, social, and phone # when purchasing lye and/or sulphuric acid. It should be passed by March 1st.
Pathatic

Owensboro, KY

#24 Jan 26, 2015
lmao wrote:
Duhhhhhhh caveman say what?

Let's try this again-

"Lmao. Wtf? You crackheads are pathetic. I have heard it all now. I cannot believe that I have the grammar of a preschooler and feel so entitled to voice my dumbass opinion where people can read it."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Lanham 27 min wayne lanham 3
Chase Sandefur (Jan '12) 40 min lalala 7
Broderick Dean (Nov '13) 1 hr hisson 20
Smart deleting the post so the replies 2 hr karma 9
Who is that skankie blonde that works at Ken-tr... (Oct '11) 3 hr yeehaw 2
Men who have it ALL but still CHEAT 3 hr Mellie 2
Creepin Eliza 4 hr She a Cocotte 1
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web