Bus Detained by Police when returning...
biggest idiot

United States

#21 Aug 27, 2012
Just saying wrote:
<quoted text>If you think you could never find yourself on the wrong side of the police, regardless of your law-abiding lifestyle, you are sadly mistaken. I hope you never have to find this out for yourself. In the meantime, you might want to practice a little skepticism when you hear about the detention of a busload of citizens.
what are you talking about? The police didn't have anything to do with this. They were told to wait until the police got there but he never mentions seeing the police! It was the city guy telling him stuff.
biggest idiot

United States

#22 Aug 27, 2012
Ok well now he mentions seeing the police!
Extra extra

Mooresville, NC

#23 Aug 27, 2012
Just saying wrote:
You really need to get your story out to people. Please contact the Messenger-Inquirer. They could at least look into it and bring it to the attention of the citizens and the community leaders.
Potential headlines for this news artical
"a handful of citizens incovienced 15 minutes while police officers take kidnapping suspect into custody"
"citizens should be outraged for 15 minute delay, in order to take bank robber into custody"
"poor incovienced bus riders forced to wait 15 minutes in order for major drug dealer to be arrested"
Any rational, mature adult would be understanding, and willing to cooperate in order for a criminal to be taken into custody.
yuck

Whitestown, IN

#24 Aug 27, 2012
Extra extra wrote:
<quoted text>
Potential headlines for this news artical
"a handful of citizens incovienced 15 minutes while police officers take kidnapping suspect into custody"
"citizens should be outraged for 15 minute delay, in order to take bank robber into custody"
"poor incovienced bus riders forced to wait 15 minutes in order for major drug dealer to be arrested"
Any rational, mature adult would be understanding, and willing to cooperate in order for a criminal to be taken into custody.
Oh how I would love to see you hot boxed in a vehicle for 15 minutes on a 90+ degree afternoon
Fight For Your Rights

Henderson, KY

#25 Aug 27, 2012
Other potential headlines:

"Dozens of passengers dehydrated and sickened while being illegally detained"

"Custody battle leads to mass civil rights violations"

"City employees use illegal methods to assist police in nuisance complaint"

"Freedom dying a slow steady death in the interest of safety"
Jethro

Owensboro, KY

#26 Aug 27, 2012
Too long to read.
It is not a problem

Earlington, KY

#28 Aug 27, 2012
The police arrived in a mere 15 minutes? Congratulations to them. They have the power to respond to 15 minute emergencies. We're lucky Owensboro doesn't have any 1 minute emergencies.
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#29 Aug 27, 2012
Lexington Visitor, I am sorry this happened to you.
whew

AOL

#30 Aug 27, 2012
I just went through the drive thru, and had to sit in my car 10 full minutes before I got my food. I think im gonna write a letter to the president over this. I feel my rights were violated for having this minor incovenience.
Non-believer

United States

#31 Aug 27, 2012
whew wrote:
I just went through the drive thru, and had to sit in my car 10 full minutes before I got my food. I think im gonna write a letter to the president over this. I feel my rights were violated for having this minor incovenience.
Consider it a blessing, you're probably a cow.
Non-believer

United States

#32 Aug 27, 2012
The only thing worse than a pig is a citizen who thinks he's a pig.
Oboronotlookingg ood

White House, TN

#33 Aug 27, 2012
There were also numerous cars towed from a street that was NOT marked with "no parking" signs. After the show, street had cones put up and all the cars were gone! City made a nice amount of $$$ from all those people who had to pay to get their cars back.
Non-believer

United States

#34 Aug 27, 2012
Oboronotlookinggood wrote:
There were also numerous cars towed from a street that was NOT marked with "no parking" signs. After the show, street had cones put up and all the cars were gone! City made a nice amount of $$$ from all those people who had to pay to get their cars back.
Those Bastards! I really hate that.
Sorry

Hawesville, KY

#35 Aug 27, 2012
I am truly sorry for your horrible experience. Owensboro and Daviess County is like a part of the Soviet Union but never went away. It is terrible here in Owensboro. The convention center, like the riverpark center, will not be successful as long as we have the authoritarian rule we have here. Nothing in Owensboro has changed in over 60 years, we still have the old money and their kids calling all of the shots. If they don't want you here, like John Bays, then they will run you off. It's the same town, but with another sales pitch. I don't want to be ugly, but Owensboro has always been a nice place to visit family, but keep it at that and nothing more. Visit your family, go out to restaurants together, then leave.
Wow

Owensboro, KY

#36 Aug 28, 2012
That is the wildest story I have heard in a long time..... I am sorry this happened to you and the rest of the passengers. Did anyone on the bus call 911 them selves for help. I know the police were very busy this weekend. But 15 min response time is truly horrible. For something that was so important to hold a entire bus load of people. I suggest you also need to contact city hall It was way to hot this weekend to be sitting on a hot bus. I would also call OPD and request to ask what on earth was going on... The Messenger usually like a story like this hopefully they will dig untill they get a answer for you.

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Owensboro, KY

#37 Aug 28, 2012
whew wrote:
Your a Moron. They didn't ask him to sit there for
15 min they locked them in a hot bus. You had the ability to drive off and chose to sit there and get your food. Anyone who would not be outraged obviously doesn't fully grasp the situation.
yummy

Owensboro, KY

#38 Aug 28, 2012
Lexington Visitor Guy wrote:
Message sent to the newspaper referring them to this topic. I'm really hoping to hear from more people who were on the bus.
seems it put the people on the bus in more harm to be locked on a bus with someone the police were on their way to arrest. Seems a criminal could have gotten desperate enough to be stupid and use the people on the bus to keep from getting arrested. I would be furious especially if I had my child on there. And a parent would have been arrested if the locked a child in a vehicle that long on a hot day. I say throw a fit!!!!
yummy

Owensboro, KY

#39 Aug 28, 2012
Extra extra wrote:
<quoted text>Potential headlines for this news artical
or bus load of individuals shot and killed as desperate drug dealer has a standoff with police officers. STFU

Since: Aug 12

Owensboro, KY

#40 Aug 28, 2012
i am the one they called the police on, i have a concealed weapons license and someone seen my firearm on my right hip and got scared. lets be clear i was there with my 2 sons and nephew and my pistol was on my hip in a holister. the police got there as soon as i stepped off the bus because my son was pushin buttons on the dash and hit one of the unlock buttons, and he asked to see my license then let me go.
Scraig

Owensboro, KY

#41 Aug 28, 2012
Also, I am pretty sure it was the bus driver himself who called the police. I always check anywhere I go to "no firearms" signs posted, this bus had none. I am legal snd responsible with it. The bus driver was an idiot because 1) had I been some crazu man on a rampage I would've probably gone crazy at the river where I would have more victims and 2) locking a crazy gun toting criminal on the bus WITH everyone else wouldn't save anyone. I had 3 young kids with me and I carry this legal weapon to protect mt family just in case I run into some crazy person on a rampage. Not bc I want to be one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what's the truth 4 min Lost 1
Sarah White 1 hr redi 19
Kassie Quisenberry (Aug '15) 1 hr Kassie Quisenberry 7
Looking for DJ Sands 1 hr So done who knows 1
kassie quisenberry/bill harmon (Nov '12) 1 hr Kassie Quisenberry 25
Best Singers in DaBoro 3 hr info 2
Any girls want to peg me? 4 hr Orallover2112 1
Are catholics real Christans? 8 hr robert76 53

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web