US Bank Home Mortgage
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fed Up

Chicago, IL

#1 Jun 4, 2013
How wonderful is it that a company can be doing so well, but still have to significantly cut the pay of two of its largest departments.

It can have articles in the news paper talking about how much its growing and how its building a new building and bringing in a bunch of new jobs, but goodbye to your pay default departments!!
Hmm... Maybe the pay cut is going to finance the new building...

Lets have a meeting and talk about how much money the bank made this year! We are one of the most successful banks out there... Oh yeah well be cutting your pay this year and probably even worse next year.

What a wonderful company to work for.
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jun 4, 2013
Incentives were cut, not pay, and they have every right to do so. Sucks for us, but that's what you agreed to when you accepted the job. Unless you are in a default department in unaware of?
Fed Up

Chicago, IL

#3 Jun 4, 2013
You are correct. They have every right to do so. I suppose thats what I get for believing that they would only do so if it was warranted. Ex: The business was going poorly/bank received ...Not just yanking it out of the blue for no reason... Or at least, for no reason given to us... Other than "we're just not doing it anymore" and without any warning whatsoever.

They didnt say, this is why we are doing this. And again, you are correct... They are not "required" to even tell us... Or give us reasons or warnings when they knew months in advance. But why treat your employees like that? It's bad business.

Even now they won't give us a clear answer about next year... Even though I'm sure they already know... All we hear is rumors... Is that how to treat your employees?
who knows

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jun 4, 2013
Which departments did they cut the incentives?
Fed Up

Chicago, IL

#6 Jun 4, 2013
They did not cut them out. They have been cut in half or more. Depends on ur dept. and seniority.
By next year they may be completely gone, but dont expect to get a clear answer.
Fed Up

Chicago, IL

#7 Jun 4, 2013
And this is not all departments. Default res and fcl.
who knows

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jun 4, 2013
I'm sure this is just the beginning and the rest of the departments will either receive a cut in their incentives or have them taken away completly.
Also

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 4, 2013
The incentive part is not fun but I am more angered by all the new hires coming in on a higher pay scale than those that have been with the bank for a few years... They end up making more on the hour coming off then street than seasoned employees.
hmmm

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 4, 2013
The pay is lousy even with half incentives. Bet they didn't mess with the managers incentives.
just wondering

Chicago, IL

#11 Jun 4, 2013
What bank do u work for in Indianapolis? I also heard there's a big mortgage dept in Evansville that pays a lot better.. does ne one know what bank its for?
hmmm

Morristown, IN

#12 Jun 4, 2013
Also wrote:
The incentive part is not fun but I am more angered by all the new hires coming in on a higher pay scale than those that have been with the bank for a few years... They end up making more on the hour coming off then street than seasoned employees.
I COMPLETELY agree with this. I don't like knowing I make a dollar more then new hires
Also

Chicago, IL

#13 Jun 4, 2013
At least you actually make more than the new hires. Plenty of us are paid less.
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#14 Jun 4, 2013
The management doesn't care about the people below them. You are expendable to them. There's 5 temps for everyone one employee ready to work for a fraction of the cost without benefits. It's very sad but that's coporate American for you. The incentive took a huge nose dive. Averages from $2000 per month down to $600-800, but their loophole is that you took the job knowing it was hourly. They are pushing off a lot of good people. And they wonder why the public perceived reputation is so horrible. Make your herd happy Richard Davis and maybe they will lead you to greener pastures.
Hunter Thompson

Chicago, IL

#16 Jun 4, 2013
They know you don't have many employment options in Owensboro. They also know you don't have a union contract to protect you.
Get It Straight

Chicago, IL

#21 Jun 4, 2013
Everyones incentive went down, even management. It could be worse, we all still have jobs for now. Don't worry though, with the new occurrence tracking the shitty people will be weeded out. Be careful what you wish for, some of you will likely find yourself on the unemployment line sooner than you think.
Truth

Madisonville, KY

#22 Jun 4, 2013
You have to keep in mind that US Bank, or any employer for that matter, does NOT have to pay out an 'incentive'. Incentive pay is not a right, it's a privilege that has to be earned and I know for a fact that most people in that department would rather get paid to stand around and gossip while earning their collective incentive off the few people that actually do their jobs for that incentive. Collective incentive is the most ridiculous system for bonus pay. It should be based off an individual's work, not a department as a whole.
temp

Chicago, IL

#23 Jun 4, 2013
Get It Straight wrote:
Everyones incentive went down, even management. It could be worse, we all still have jobs for now. Don't worry though, with the new occurrence tracking the shitty people will be weeded out. Be careful what you wish for, some of you will likely find yourself on the unemployment line sooner than you think.
How do you get an occurrence?
Truth

Chicago, IL

#25 Jun 4, 2013
You arrive late, leave early, or call in, Temp. I know of a few that won't last long. There are a few social butterflies that have gotten by with not doing shit for years. Well, they won't have to worry about how "unfair" the pay is much longer.
OMI

Owensboro, KY

#26 Jun 4, 2013
After being interviewed, how long do they usually take to notify someone of a decision to hire? Is it done via phone call, letter, or email?
bangurdead

United States

#32 Jun 4, 2013
Don't u think if us bank could do something that any of this thread would be on here at all. They monitor it an see what their workers are saying. Gdn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
confederate statue needs to come down now! 23 min mike 70
nighthawk security 24 min mike 3
Jason Galloway & Iva Ellis 27 min Good 10
Local drug dealers 29 min Good 18
Eliza Buck 47 min Yep 5
Abandoned School on 3rd and Elm? (Dec '11) 48 min tebo 32
jimmy combs 1 hr Billy 10

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance