First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Ok. Tell me what you know about this church. After being invited I have gone the last few weeks and I have picked up on a lot of "red flags." Any thoughts?

Level 1

Greenville, KY

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Isn't that the homosexual church?
Shzt

United States

#3 Aug 21, 2012
I know the praise team Christian my butt!!! But at least there is a place for the youth
wam

United States

#4 Aug 21, 2012
What kind of red flags are you talking about?
can u say

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 21, 2012
Love love love it
run run run

United States

#6 Aug 21, 2012
It's straight up a cult. Everyone there has to preach about it. You have to have money. Anytime you step foot in the door you have to check in on Facebook to tell all your friends you are there. It's not ran my Christians but hypocrites.

Level 1

United States

#7 Aug 21, 2012
run run run wrote:
It's straight up a cult. Everyone there has to preach about it. You have to have money. Anytime you step foot in the door you have to check in on Facebook to tell all your friends you are there. It's not ran my Christians but hypocrites.
Lol 9/10 churches are ran by hypocrites

Level 1

Location hidden

#8 Aug 21, 2012
Ok so here is what I know -
Out of an hour service they take at least 5 minutes to beg for 10% of your money and the gross not your net income. As a Christian I am supposed to give with a "happy heart" not because I am walking into the church. Until very recently they were saying if you don't have cash or a check then use can use a debit card (ok with that) or a CREDIT card to give to the church!!! WTH?!?! So let's see, I pay on a credit card because I don't have the cash and or I feel guilty and then if I don't pay it off when I get the bill I am paying interest to GOD...Most churches don't make a big deal out of giving.

The pastors are great. They have really good messages and it is a good place for kids but here is what I have noticed:

1. The two main pastors show money like Tammy Faye Baker. The shirts Brian wears are $150-300 each. He often wears a Rolex and his wife has been seen in those "Red Bottom" $1200 shoes. I don't care if they are fake or if you got them on sale or not. Those in the congregation can wear that but a pastor shouldn't show off money that they have. I realize that Brian comes from money (he talks about it a lot) but it does not matter. RED FLAG

2. Brian and Jessi have a personal protection team! That is correct. People in the church not in uniform with guns to protect them plus at least one if not two armed uniform guards at every service. RED FLAG

3. They do not share any financial information with the congregation. Nobody other than a very small group knows what the salaries are, how much is coming in, where the money goes, the pastor is on every board, including the financial board so they know who gives what, etc. MAJOR RED FLAG!

They do offer a upbeat good message but I am afraid that this place is a "house of cards" waiting to fall. It will be sad when it happens because most of the people in that church are either fairly new to church or got tired of church for whatever reason in the past. TRUST ME that something strange is going on.
Shzt

United States

#9 Aug 21, 2012
We can critique all we want butt I'll take nice clothes over wee wees in little boys butts any day!
!!

United States

#10 Aug 21, 2012
run run run wrote:
Really?! I doubt the Pastor makes you do ANYTHING!
Word

Owensboro, KY

#11 Aug 21, 2012
[QUOTE who="!!"]<quoted text>
Really?! I doubt the Pastor makes you do ANYTHING![/QUOTE]

I have been going there for over 6 years and this is no cult. Just like any large church they want you to tithe to the church.

This church does alot of good each and every day. Both Brian and Jesse come from money, but they do not flaunt it. Yes they wear nice clothes, what do you want them wear?

I have had my disagreements over the years with Brian and you know what I did? I sat down and talked to him about it. You can make an appointment to see him on Tuesdays if you want.

To bad people want to drag down a church that is doing good.
Comment

United States

#12 Aug 21, 2012
Whether it be River City or not..most of the churches are ran as businesses instead of places of worship anyway.
totally

United States

#13 Aug 21, 2012
A cult. Without a doubt.
I fixed it

United States

#14 Aug 21, 2012
We lose $71 billion a year from the tax exemptions of churches. Ever wonder how many homeless and impoverished people in America we could feed, clothe and house for $71 billion? ALL OF THEM! With more than $70 billion to spare. According to the World Food Program,$3 billion would feed every hungry child in the world. So it's not a stretch to say that $1 billion would cover America's hunger. Then we could spend the remaining $70 billion each year to provide medical care for the entire country. Or we could go to church and pray to "god" to end disease an hunger.
mmhmm

United States

#15 Aug 21, 2012
RedFoX88 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol 9/10 churches are ran by hypocrites
True that.
leona1

Owensboro, KY

#16 Aug 21, 2012
We are not to judge......God will take care of them if they are really not doing GODs work. Look what happen to Jim Baker, and I really liked him.
I love my Church we are not hounded for money, we give what we can. The last Church I attended really ran me off. If I missed a Sunday I had 10 phone calls and 3 visits that week wanting to know why I wasn`t there.Thanks for you concern, but if I need you I will call. Maybe I just wanted to sleep late. Thats between me and God.......
just wondering

Owensboro, KY

#17 Aug 21, 2012
Word wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been going there for over 6 years and this is no cult. Just like any large church they want you to tithe to the church.
This church does alot of good each and every day. Both Brian and Jesse come from money, but they do not flaunt it. Yes they wear nice clothes, what do you want them wear?
I have had my disagreements over the years with Brian and you know what I did? I sat down and talked to him about it. You can make an appointment to see him on Tuesdays if you want.
To bad people want to drag down a church that is doing good.
So is it true that there is no deacons, no elders, and no church goverment? Just soley a Brian Gibson dictatorship? I have noticed that they have no fellowship with any church or organazations outside of River City. It is as if Brian doesn't get the credit for it then he don't play.

How would you want them to dress? No one has anyreason to dress in attire such as that when there are gospel missions to be filled and hungry stomachs to be fed. Rick Warren gives 90% of his earnings away lives off ten and serves at saddleback church free of cost, research that if you like. With millions of books published and sold and a church plant that has turned into thousands of saddleback churches across the world, he could very easily wear expensive clothing, but he doesnt. He serves to advance the kingdom of God.
Comment

United States

#18 Aug 21, 2012
It's hard for me to think a church is credible when it's members come on topix of all places to defend it. I enjoy the bs and gossip that this site brings..even if it is a majority of horse doodie. Coming to this site for advice on what church to go to is like believing Elvis is coming back because you read it in the super market gossip ads.
I <3 RCC

United States

#19 Aug 21, 2012
TurthPotion wrote:
Ok so here is what I know -
Out of an hour service they take at least 5 minutes to beg for 10% of your money and the gross not your net income. As a Christian I am supposed to give with a "happy heart" not because I am walking into the church. Until very recently they were saying if you don't have cash or a check then use can use a debit card (ok with that) or a CREDIT card to give to the church!!! WTH?!?! So let's see, I pay on a credit card because I don't have the cash and or I feel guilty and then if I don't pay it off when I get the bill I am paying interest to GOD...Most churches don't make a big deal out of giving.

The pastors are great. They have really good messages and it is a good place for kids but here is what I have noticed:

1. The two main pastors show money like Tammy Faye Baker. The shirts Brian wears are $150-300 each. He often wears a Rolex and his wife has been seen in those "Red Bottom" $1200 shoes. I don't care if they are fake or if you got them on sale or not. Those in the congregation can wear that but a pastor shouldn't show off money that they have. I realize that Brian comes from money (he talks about it a lot) but it does not matter. RED FLAG

2. Brian and Jessi have a personal protection team! That is correct. People in the church not in uniform with guns to protect them plus at least one if not two armed uniform guards at every service. RED FLAG

3. They do not share any financial information with the congregation. Nobody other than a very small group knows what the salaries are, how much is coming in, where the money goes, the pastor is on every board, including the financial board so they know who gives what, etc. MAJOR RED FLAG!

They do offer a upbeat good message but I am afraid that this place is a "house of cards" waiting to fall. It will be sad when it happens because most of the people in that church are either fairly new to church or got tired of church for whatever reason in the past. TRUST ME that something strange is going on.
Wow!! You made a lot of observations in a short amount of time. I suggest you go to a few more services and this time change your attitude. Try to concentrate on why you took the steps through the front door. I guarantee it wasn't to judge the pastors lifestyle or how much Pastor Jesse's shoes cost. Now let me explain to you how hard Pastor Brian and Jesse work to afford those shirts and shoes. They built RCC from the ground up. A house of cards ready to fall? I would Say the cards are standing pretty sturdy as RCC enters its 8th year. I do sometimes feel small among thousands of followers but when my son was rushed to the ER during a service and we were met at the hospital by an associate pastor of RCC I knew my family are members of an amazing church where we are loved. The youth leaders work just as hard to show our kids God's love. And I would like to explain to you giving 10% of your earnings is not something ANY church makes up. It is clearly spoken from the bible and is a Christian belief. So Pastor Brian and his expensive clothing and body guards and blah blah blah is paid for by their income which is a portion of the church's tithes because that is how all pastors who are called to lead a church earn their income. So NOW WHAT does that tell you??? RCC is a large church because their pastors and worship team and youth leaders are amazing. Oh and all of those leaders tithe.
I haven't met a hypocrite at RCC, but I do know from experience, one of the worlds largest non profit organizations is busting at the seams with hypocrites, so much so that they would make the founder do Olympic flips in his grave.
Human

United States

#20 Aug 21, 2012
I have just one question....who is Anna Gayle and why does she have her own parking spot there?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
married couple thinking about 3some opinions? 2 min Blimpy 5
adult friend finder 18 min 1ofMany 15
any good meth goin around (Jul '14) 2 hr kaycee 22
snow days for public schools 3 hr wondering 1
i know who you r 3 hr dumb 1
daniel jones 4 hr Daniel jones 7
Michelle Wheatley leave the married men alone 4 hr wtf 1

Flood Warning for Daviess County was issued at March 04 at 10:18PM EST

Owensboro Dating
Find my Match