Baby dies at Owensboro day care

Baby dies at Owensboro day care

There are 126 comments on the WFIE-TV Evansville story from Sep 15, 2010, titled Baby dies at Owensboro day care. In it, WFIE-TV Evansville reports that:

An eight month old baby girl dies Wednesday afternoon at an Owensboro day care. The coroner says crews were called to Lea's Learning Center on Veach Road around 1 p.m. Police say the baby was not breathing, and then rushed to the hospital.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WFIE-TV Evansville.

Amanda Nichole

Owensboro, KY

#135 Jun 10, 2012
Pretending wrote:
<quoted text>Next she will be on here pretending to be someone other than herself going on and on about how great "amy" or "amanda" is, BUT she will add an insult so that nobody will think its her
And this isn't Nichole or Brandie or Susie?? Sure it isn't
Amanda Nichole

Owensboro, KY

#136 Jun 10, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>. I'm thinking Nancy Grace !! Just a thought does anyone agree ??
Oh now she's tryna make national headlines where she can go on as the grieving grandmother no doubt. Nick can play her distraught son and pretend he's really the dad!
Amanda Nichole

Owensboro, KY

#137 Jun 10, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>yea I went on Facebook the number is 877 Nancy 01 I'm thinking if enough people called in for Justice for Baylee !! She would help but of course I want Crystal (Baylee"s mom) to be ok with it !!
Of course if it's ok with Crystal let's exploit this further I smell a check for free and what Stewart doesn't like getting something at another's expense?? It's like stealing only there's no risk of jailtime win/win!!
madmama

United States

#138 Jun 10, 2012
My granddaughter went there about 3months before the incident happened. I picked her up a lot at that time she was 4months old. I walked in early one day and low n behold there was my granddaughter on a swing with a bottle in her mouth. I asked them what was up with that. They said they had just put her in there so they could use restroom. I went off I told them I knew now why she always spit up so much after leaving there. I told my daughter and she removed her from there and then months later that baby passed. They are horrible. She also had a rash all the time then she started going to this sweet older lady and wow she did so well. If I hadn't caught them in the act I probably wouldn't have believed it either.
Disgusted

Owensboro, KY

#139 Jun 11, 2012
Amanda Nicole, I have no idea who you are-thankfully- but the way have disrespected this precious baby by the things you have wrote on here disgust me...you using this topic to air your dirty laundry/relationship problems is totally disrespectful...seriously how can you disrespect the memory of a baby like that a small helpless sweet child...heartless much???this is not the time or place you only making yourself look worse...grow up/get over it...RIP in Bailey
Truth

United States

#140 Jun 11, 2012
I took my son out of that daycare when his worker told me one night I picked him up that he was acting up and said she almost raised her hand to him. I just about raised my hand up to her and knocked her head off her neck! She had her nerve to tell me she was close to spanking my child! Now I bust his a** all day but I wish a b**** would lay a hand on my kid!!!!
Amanda Nichole

Owensboro, KY

#141 Jun 11, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
Amanda Nicole, I have no idea who you are-thankfully- but the way have disrespected this precious baby by the things you have wrote on here disgust me...you using this topic to air your dirty laundry/relationship problems is totally disrespectful...seriously how can you disrespect the memory of a baby like that a small helpless sweet child...heartless much???this is not the time or place you only making yourself look worse...grow up/get over it...RIP in Bailey
You get over it please. My comments weren't to you or about the child at all. I was proving a point. Someone accused me of starting and posting on this thread. According to them they hadn't heard of Topix until about 2 weeks ago. However I dug until I found this. Susan Rohr Stewart whatever lives in California, and her son dated the mother of this child at the time the child died. He left the child's funeral in Alabama and came to KY, with the child's REAL family. He was calling and crying and begging then too. Her post on here are from 2010. That would be nearly two years ago not two weeks! That is the point I was making. I'm tired of her lies and her psychotic BS. Her son is no prize and the only one interested in him is her. It's an Oedipus Complex in reverse. Now goodbye and good day disgusting. I'm sure you are some relation to Nichole and Susan because I didn't even know the child but know enough to spell her name correctly.
Disgusted

Owensboro, KY

#142 Jun 11, 2012
I don't know Nichole or Susan. If I spelled the name wrong my bad..just thought I would let you know that from a strangers point of view it is tacky to write the things you have on this thread...but clearly you could care less..shame on you.
dirty stewart

Boynton Beach, FL

#143 Jun 11, 2012
Amanda Nichole wrote:
<quoted text>
You get over it please. My comments weren't to you or about the child at all. I was proving a point. Someone accused me of starting and posting on this thread. According to them they hadn't heard of Topix until about 2 weeks ago. However I dug until I found this. Susan Rohr Stewart whatever lives in California, and her son dated the mother of this child at the time the child died. He left the child's funeral in Alabama and came to KY, with the child's REAL family. He was calling and crying and begging then too. Her post on here are from 2010. That would be nearly two years ago not two weeks! That is the point I was making. I'm tired of her lies and her psychotic BS. Her son is no prize and the only one interested in him is her. It's an Oedipus Complex in reverse. Now goodbye and good day disgusting. I'm sure you are some relation to Nichole and Susan because I didn't even know the child but know enough to spell her name correctly.
Amy, time and place darlin! Nobody cares about your issues! All of this nonsense because you read incorrectly. Will explain on one of the thousand other threads you've started.
Susan

United States

#144 Jun 11, 2012
Disgusted wrote:
I don't know Nichole or Susan. If I spelled the name wrong my bad..just thought I would let you know that from a strangers point of view it is tacky to write the things you have on this thread...but clearly you could care less..shame on you.
. She has no respect for anyone I never said I just heard of topix 2 weeks ago I said some1 told me about this and I commented on it nothing about Amanda Nichole !! It does matter she has been on every thread on topix posting about my whole family now that I comment she will really act out !! And this thread is about Justice for Baily! Your right I never got to meet her but her real father as you say Amanda gave me a picture when she was 1st born and said this is your granddaughter so find something else to comment on please you are showing your true self on here
Amanda Nichole

Owensboro, KY

#146 Jun 11, 2012
Susan wrote:
<quoted text>dirty Stewart and gheez is also Amanda
I do post under Dirty Stewart, others I am friends with do also. You can tell mine because I usually leave a sarcastic comment about stealing something. I have no clue who gheez is. I refuse to Internet fight anymore. I gave Topix a few days of my life this time. I go through this with Susan every few months. She is in EVERYONES business and needs her own life. It's the same old story someone told her about a post she comments, her nieces all come on and trash talk, their innocent. Blah, Blah, Blah! Why is someone who has such a good "Cali" life (as she puts it) on Owensboro Topix. Don't say because you're family is on here. Because you say y'all don't get on here. Just spin the story to suit you! There are three sides to every argument. I say, you say, and they say. Everyone is right from their own viewpoint. Enjoy Topix I got to go back to real life stuff!
Susan

United States

#147 Jun 12, 2012
You were told how many times are you that stupid Nichole told you and she's the first 1 that commented on amber watts her face is the 1 that told me you were up to your shut again !! I'm glad your done !! Maybe you will grow up someday !
really

Owensboro, KY

#148 Jun 12, 2012
You feed infant, you burp them halfway, you finishing feeding feeding...you burp them again...they chokeon their own spit and formula all the time!!!!
really

Owensboro, KY

#149 Jun 12, 2012
u don't lay an ifant on their back right after they eat!!!!!!!!! put them on their tummy!!! If something happens, SIDS it is very possible!
rotaredom

Owensboro, KY

#150 Jun 12, 2012
Susan wrote:
You were told how many times are you that stupid Nichole told you and she's the first 1 that commented on amber watts her face is the 1 that told me you were up to your shut again !! I'm glad your done !! Maybe you will grow up someday !
You need Jesus I am going to pray extra for you. Your the adult take responsibility for your actions. Quit making excuses for yourself and others. It's obvious this Amanda is telling some truths. You and your "family" happen to be all over these posts with one trashy, insulting comment after another. Hatred breeds stupidity. It appears only one of you posting has any education at all. Surprisingly she uses an alias! May God help you find peace in your life. Good Day God Bless
Susan

United States

#151 Jun 14, 2012
Another name Amanda you Also used this 1 on so sad !! I haven't been telling to you and I don't need you to pray for me pray for yourself !! Leave Crystal & Amber Watts alone they don't bother you yet you want to get on a topix meant to get justice for a baby !!! Just go away please !
Susan

United States

#152 Jun 14, 2012
Replying *** not telling
Abbie

United States

#153 Mar 14, 2013
I am a child that goes to her daycare and have seen bad things like leas daughters that teach ther pull the kids around by their arms and shirts they also ignore the kids and play on their phones the children do run around freely sometimes and I also have a younger bro that goes there and sometimes when I help out there comes a point in time in the day that the ones and twos come up front and my brother is part of them he sees me he runs for me and they let him do that sometimes I feel that I am more of a teacher than some of the real teachers
speakinthetruth

Owensboro, KY

#154 Mar 15, 2013
Lea employees have their favorite kids in every class, and if ur one of them then that's great, but if ur not they don't get the attention that they should. I used to worked their so I know. But that's most daycares. It's very sad about what happened but I don't think they should be shut down. Maybe they should take a look at their employees and start to hire a new group that isn't so young and careless
SHUT HER DOWN

Minneapolis, MN

#155 Mar 15, 2013
No I think it should be shut down after how many bad things as happend there why would anyone take there child there cos they dont care about the well being of children. I knew someone who took her kids there and it wasnt a good place at all dirty the works are just plum nasty and dont care about children..SHUT HER DOWN BEFORE ANOTHER CHILD DIEs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy bowlds 5 min lmao 6
April Mayfield (Aug '12) 12 min curious 2
Why is it so hard for some to be honest? 15 min defeated 15
holly at rual king 24 min in thetand 12
Name stealing troll has blown yet another fuse! 43 min Name stealing troll 5
Female stripper 1 hr Gappy 12
Bre McElwain 1 hr Not friends 7
add a word/drop a word (Oct '11) 1 hr zing 2,781
cop cars everywhere on Carter Road? 19 hr Tilo 9

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owensboro Mortgages