boyfriends in jail, how do i handle t...

boyfriends in jail, how do i handle this??? advice?

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Jail girlfriend

United States

#1 Aug 17, 2012
My boyfriends in jail for awhile, how do I get thru it? Advice on how to handle life thru a glass/phone?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ridendie

Owensboro, KY

#2 Aug 17, 2012
if you truly love him then stick it out, be there for him and do the best you can to be strong for him while he is away...if this is a reaccuring issue, then get a new one and look at him being locked up as a way for you to better yourself and find some one that you deserve....you have to follow your heart on this....
Jail girlfriend

United States

#3 Aug 17, 2012
Well we've been together for awhile. Its just really hard because I'm working my a$$ off for us and I have to pat his fines and its just really hard and I miss him a $hit ton.
pur
#4 Aug 17, 2012
hang n there.
ridendie

Owensboro, KY

#5 Aug 17, 2012
speaking from experince....you just have to follow your heart on wether or not hes worth the time and effort that you are going to have to put into this...its not easy but does get a lil easier...just stay strong and do what you gotta do to make you happy..
Jail girlfriend

United States

#6 Aug 17, 2012
Thank you ridendie. Its just really hard, because we were inseperable before all this $hit and now we have no choice and sometimes I just wanna break down and its realyhard because all I Rama do is come home from work and see his cute face:(
real talk

United States

#7 Aug 17, 2012
Get a new bf until he gets out. Lol. What did your bf do?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Really

Richmond, KY

#8 Aug 17, 2012
Get a life u dumba$$ your bf is the reason a young man is dead
popo

Owensboro, KY

#9 Aug 18, 2012
easy-get a guy that's not a criminal
i can help
#10 Aug 18, 2012
you just need some d*ck and youll stop thinking about him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
amanda jo

Owensboro, KY

#11 Aug 18, 2012
here's my opinion and i haven't read anyone elses!!! it sucks! been there four times with my x fiance and im here to tell u if he aint willing to change for the better then RUN hun cuz...mine never changed...waited on him twice for nothin...BIG waste of tinme...but if he gets to be atrustee after he;s there a whike u will be able to sit and hold his hand and kiss in a couple months...it sucks but the things we do for love i guess....its ok when u truly love someone...eventually they get out and hopefully he gets better
Jail girlfriend

United States

#12 Aug 18, 2012
Well he told me things are gonna change and that's yes learned his lesson and that he loves me. So?
Anonymous

Owensboro, KY

#13 Aug 18, 2012
If I were in your shoes, I would use this time to work on myself. Take some college classes. Volunteer to help others. Work on your other relationships that may have been ignored while you were with your boyfriend. Grow as a person.
hey stupid

Owensboro, KY

#14 Aug 18, 2012
Leave this mothersucker. He is in jail. Come on. That there should tell you he's no good. Are you kidding me!!! Find someone else!
new bf

Canton, NC

#16 Aug 18, 2012
its obvious you should get a new one... with a record he wont ever get a decent job, burger king might hire him. but seriousy, someone like that you will never have a future with, you will end up living in colony trailer park for the rest of your life.
Been there too

Owensboro, KY

#17 Aug 18, 2012
Whatever your bf is in there for doesn't matter. He needs your support, letters, phone cards (For bartering)and if you can set up a phone account for him to call you. You can do that at IGA on 2nd street. It can get expensive so limit the phone calls. Go see him!! Save your money or have his family and friends help you because if he is going to prison, it is very expensive and the only way he can get the essentials like soap, deoderant and clothing and shoes is from money from his support on the outside. I am supporting 2 inmates who are in prison and believe me, it's NOT CHEAP. But very necessary. Love him, support him, and continue to pray for him.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jail girlfriend

United States

#18 Aug 18, 2012
Thanks "been there too" I am. But his grandma is the only one that will help. His mom and dad don't really. And then today I found out he cheated on me with his ex, he told me...
rideindie

Owensboro, KY

#19 Aug 18, 2012
This is where you really need to think about what you want and need for yourself....do you mind me asking how long he has to serve?

Level 1

Since: Aug 12

Owensboro, KY

#20 Aug 18, 2012
Jail girlfriend wrote:
Thanks "been there too" I am. But his grandma is the only one that will help. His mom and dad don't really. And then today I found out he cheated on me with his ex, he told me...
Come on! He doesn't care about you! He just knows you will stick by him and help him out why he's inside. Move on, your wasting your time
Just gettin out

Owensboro, KY

#21 Aug 18, 2012
Ok so here is what I have experienced..my man has been in prison for a year and a half and is now at a halfway house, and it has been soooo expensive to keep his needs up and the phone account...we were together before he got locked up this last time but he has been locked up over and over since he was a juvenile...I am a well educated woman with kids and I have never had to go thru this before and it was awful...I've been taken to court by my ex just because of him to try to take my kids...I have had little misdemeanors which I am not proud of but never a felony and it was waaaay different. He went thru a program in prison and over recorded conversations they gotta say what they are "supposed" to then he came back to a halfway house and is the same person he was when he left...it hurts and I don't know what to do...he's not into drugs yet but he can't be but he is communicating with people again that we agreed he wouldn't---with MY money that I took him to call ME on the dang payphone. I don't know girl, just be careful. People lonely and locked up like animals will say anything til they get out back free....just keep close tabs on what he's doing when he gets out...it's sad but u have to do it to protect urself and ir family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Wilkins 40 min real 10
Cheating advice 1 hr excuses 11
Reggie's one stop meth shop 1 hr In time 6
Tonya Ling 1 hr Mice 13
Baby mamas 1 hr Mars Mars 45
Meg Nwordson 2 hr Felonious Monk 1
leslie layne 2 hr Felonious Monk 7

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance