#1 Jan 23, 2013
Who are they what does this mean
Junkies are sad m-kay

Cantonment, FL

#2 Jan 23, 2013
don't matter where you find 'em, they suck
confused wrote:
Who are they what does this mean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H ipster_(contemporary_subcultur e)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

they have created an entire subculture of haughty, aloof, holier-than-thou-sort-of-attit ude young people that are as conformist and judgmental as they come anywhere... they are NOT cool, though they would have you believe they are the coolest beings on Earth-
oh no

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 23, 2013
Hipsters are the WORST. All the hipsters should fight the juggalos until both species are extinct.
your cat

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
Those bastards like their pizza hot... They eat it before its cool.
gaj

United States

#5 Jan 23, 2013
your cat wrote:
Those bastards like their pizza hot... They eat it before its cool.
<------Hipster. Saying stuff ironically, being lazy, they are just the worst.
187 inboro

Bellevue, WA

#7 Jan 24, 2013
hipster are koo ppl n have good views n like to be dif at least they arnt emo, and have good herb and shrooms opium and eat organic food and arnt republicans l
lol

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2013
187 inboro wrote:
hipster are koo ppl n have good views n like to be dif at least they arnt emo, and have good herb and shrooms opium and eat organic food and arnt republicans l
Hipsters can't be democrats either, that's too mainstream. They have to be independent. Yeah, that's the ticket.
dmt

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 24, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>Hipsters can't be democrats either, that's too mainstream. They have to be independent. Yeah, that's the ticket.
I highly doubt that anyone who labels themselves as hipsters in owensboro actually reflect what "hipster" really means.

I've lived in several metropolitan areas, I can assure after living here for a few years I've never encountered a hipster, let alone a group (which is one prerequisite of being a hipster).

There may be a few that call themselves hipsters, I presume this may exist in the high schools. But I have very rarely encountered a hipster younger than 20 unless they are socialites.
Hahah

United States

#10 Jan 24, 2013
Who is hipsters?
blahhhg

Providence, KY

#11 Jan 24, 2013
dmt wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt that anyone who labels themselves as hipsters in owensboro actually reflect what "hipster" really means.
I've lived in several metropolitan areas, I can assure after living here for a few years I've never encountered a hipster, let alone a group (which is one prerequisite of being a hipster).
There may be a few that call themselves hipsters, I presume this may exist in the high schools. But I have very rarely encountered a hipster younger than 20 unless they are socialites.
My dad is one and he's an independent. lol
Shakira

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jan 24, 2013
My Hipsters Don't Lie.
hippity hip hop

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
dmt wrote:
<quoted text>
Real hipsters can't call themselves hipsters. That's an oxymoron.
Stereotypical hipsters wear tight fitting flannel shirts and pants with Toms. They wear messenger bags and scarves and like "green" things. Hipsters can be found at coffee shops or the local farmers market.
Hipsters often can be mistaken as 'Bros
Stereotypical 'Bros wear tight fitting flannel shirts and pants but wear big sneakers, flat bill hats with or without the snapback. Some may add a big scarf around their neck or a bandana with a skull.
Say things like YOLO, SWAG, U Mad Bro, Cool Story Bro, etc.
Both hipsters and 'Bros started listening to dubstep when it became mainstream but then complain about dubstep being too mainstream. You will now find most 'Bros have moved on from dubstep and listen to Trap.
You can find 'Bros at the skatepark or an EDM Festival just to hear Skrillex drop the bass.
Problem with my typhoid

Duluth, GA

#14 Jan 24, 2013
lol

Owensboro, KY

#15 Jan 24, 2013
hippity hip hop wrote:
<quoted text>
Real hipsters can't call themselves hipsters. That's an oxymoron.
Stereotypical hipsters wear tight fitting flannel shirts and pants with Toms. They wear messenger bags and scarves and like "green" things. Hipsters can be found at coffee shops or the local farmers market.
Stereotypical 'Bros wear tight fitting flannel shirts and pants but wear big sneakers, flat bill hats with or without the snapback. Some may add a big scarf around their neck or a bandana with a skull.
Both hipsters and 'Bros started listening to dubstep when it became mainstream but then complain about dubstep being too mainstream. You will now find most 'Bros have moved on from dubstep and listen to Trap.
You can find 'Bros at the skatepark or an EDM Festival just to hear Skrillex drop the bass.
Hahaha. Nicely done.
Mason Mills

Owensboro, KY

#16 Jan 24, 2013
God I'm convinced I'm so cool.
dmt

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 24, 2013
hippity hip hop wrote:
<quoted text>Real hipsters can't call themselves hipsters. That's an oxymoron.
Like I said. Oboro doesn't have farmers market, coffee shops, or any chance in hell of getting skrillex within a 3 hour drive
hippity hip hop

United States

#18 Jan 24, 2013
dmt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said. Oboro doesn't have farmers market, coffee shops, or any chance in hell of getting skrillex within a 3 hour drive
Farmer''s market is at the Owensboro Christian Church parking lot on Saturdays during the Spring and Summer. We have 2 Starbucks and a coffee shop on 2nd street. Skrillex was in Nashville on October 26th/27th.
hippity hip hop

United States

#19 Jan 24, 2013
hippity hip hop wrote:
<quoted text>
Farmer''s market is at the Owensboro Christian Church parking lot on Saturdays during the Spring and Summer. We have 2 Starbucks and a coffee shop on 2nd street. Skrillex was in Nashville on October 26th/27th.
Strike that, we have 3 Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts, plus the coffee shop in Books A Million.
lol

Duluth, GA

#20 Jan 24, 2013
hippity hip hop wrote:
<quoted text>
Strike that, we have 3 Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts, plus the coffee shop in Books A Million.
Don't Owensboro's loser ass hipsters hang out at the Creme downtown?
cuto

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jan 24, 2013
hippity hip hop wrote:
<quoted text>Strike that, we have 3 Starbucks and a Dunkin Donuts, plus the coffee shop in Books A Million.
Commercialized coffee. Nice
Farmers market. Not even close to sustainable growth.
Got me on Nashville. But the point doesn't help your suggestion that oboro even approaches the up and coming.

Done arguing ! I got some hip things to go do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barney 13 min goody 2
Tabitha Gregory 1 hr DirttyDP 1
Richard Thompson (Jun '14) 1 hr Stephanie 19
Recreation 1 hr Funny 1
Dr. Randall King 1 hr never 10
Child custody lawyers that let you make pmts 2 hr Stop Beating Nice... 3
Do we need a Golden Corral in Owensboro? (Feb '12) 2 hr hungry hippo 41

Flood Watch for Daviess County was issued at March 03 at 5:24AM EST

Owensboro Dating
Find my Match