HERMAN GARFIELD PAYNE that died in Vietnam War

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

London

Fordyce, AR

#1 Apr 27, 2009
I'm looking for close family relations to this man. Was he married to a girl named Donna? Please contact me if you can help.
amy

Morgantown, KY

#2 Aug 10, 2009
are you still looking?
Falls street

London, KY

#3 Aug 10, 2009
amy wrote:
are you still looking?
Yes, I'm still looking. I've kind of ended with this and don't know what else to do, but I would definitely like to find out something. Can you help me?
Falls street

London, KY

#4 Aug 10, 2009
amy wrote:
are you still looking?
He was in the Vietnam War and his widow left something with a family member of mine. It was war memorabilia. It's been 30 years or more, but I'd say the family would love to have it. The person I got it from apparently didn't care to find the person, but when I got a little information I've been struggling to find out if I'm on the right trail. I know the girl that has his stuff was Donna Payne and that's how I concluded to find that there was only one Payne in the state of Kentucky that died in the Vietnam War. I was told he lived in Whitesburg, but this Payne man actually lived in Whitesville or something just outside of Owensboro. Any help is appreciated!
amy

Fairfield, OH

#5 Aug 11, 2009
i think i can help you , give me til tomorro, how do i reach you?
Falls street wrote:
<quoted text>
He was in the Vietnam War and his widow left something with a family member of mine. It was war memorabilia. It's been 30 years or more, but I'd say the family would love to have it. The person I got it from apparently didn't care to find the person, but when I got a little information I've been struggling to find out if I'm on the right trail. I know the girl that has his stuff was Donna Payne and that's how I concluded to find that there was only one Payne in the state of Kentucky that died in the Vietnam War. I was told he lived in Whitesburg, but this Payne man actually lived in Whitesville or something just outside of Owensboro. Any help is appreciated!
Falls street

Greenbrier, AR

#7 Aug 11, 2009
I'm sorry, it keeps showing I'm from another area and I don't know why. Also, I don't think we're suppose to post phone numbers and mine may be removed. You can e-mail me at londonhistory@yahoo.com
amy

Fairfield, OH

#8 Aug 14, 2009
you should be getting an email soon from his sister. hope all works out.
Falls street wrote:
I'm sorry, it keeps showing I'm from another area and I don't know why. Also, I don't think we're suppose to post phone numbers and mine may be removed. You can e-mail me at londonhistory@yahoo.com
Falls street

Greenbrier, AR

#9 Aug 14, 2009
Wow! Thanks a million! Did you happen to ask her if he knew anyone named Donna, like a girlfriend or wife?
amy

Morgantown, KY

#10 Aug 14, 2009
i only contacted the family and let them know about you. i hope this all goes great for you.
Falls street wrote:
Wow! Thanks a million! Did you happen to ask her if he knew anyone named Donna, like a girlfriend or wife?
patriot

Owensboro, KY

#11 Oct 19, 2012
Hero
Curious

United States

#12 Oct 19, 2012
patriot wrote:
Hero
Ageed......wonder how it all turned out?
London

London, KY

#13 Mar 2, 2013
I have still never had anyone contact me concerning this man. I thought a sister or someone was going to, but I've never heard from anyone. Still looking. My e-mail is londonhistory@yahoo.com.
Geebers

Owensboro, KY

#14 Mar 2, 2013
If you do a google search on HERMAN GARFIELD PAYNE you get lots of very useful information, right near the top of the results.
Ann

Owensboro, KY

#16 Mar 2, 2013
It looks like a person names Jackie Howard left you a message on the Daviess County Topix forum back in 2009. Did you contact them?

Here was the message:

"Hello,Herman Payne was my Uncle.I was only 4 months old when he died. No he wasnt married.You can email my mom if u have any questions she would be glad to answer them.Here is her email address lilacnana9@aol.com"
Jamie

Sheridan, AR

#17 May 15, 2013
Ann wrote:
It looks like a person names Jackie Howard left you a message on the Daviess County Topix forum back in 2009. Did you contact them?
Here was the message:
"Hello,Herman Payne was my Uncle.I was only 4 months old when he died. No he wasnt married.You can email my mom if u have any questions she would be glad to answer them.Here is her email address lilacnana9@aol.com"
No, I hd read this post. Thanks for letting me know. I will contact them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does this make you laugh? 12 min Chris 2
Fields 24 min employee4 2
Owensboro FWB 27 min Bbw 1
mark howard (Feb '14) 41 min TRUTHBOUTNASTY 29
Southern Little League 50 min who 41
Leah Taucher 1 hr Wait 11
Guys name at unifirst 1 hr Kk S 4
what happened on southhtown? 4 hr JD Reads a Lot 9
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match