Posted in the Owensboro Forum

fooooooootball

Beaver Dam, KY

#1 Jan 27, 2013
How was it? I couldn't go
Bluecat

Princeton, KY

#2 Jan 27, 2013
Wasn't it Friday? I couldn't go either but I heard the game ended after the 3rd Quarter and they won 60-0.
white boy

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2013
I went. It was Friday night.. they got a really good team with some really good players. They wont be here this time next year though, because this town is pitiful. No media coverage at all. Its pretty sad they had an article about the game in bowling greens paper but nothing on ours.. they have another game this Friday at 7 and I would recommend checking them out!
fooooooootball

Beaver Dam, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Bluecat wrote:
Wasn't it Friday? I couldn't go either but I heard the game ended after the 3rd Quarter and they won 60-0.
Wow. Yes, I was thinking today was saturday. Lol
fooooooootball

Beaver Dam, KY

#5 Jan 27, 2013
white boy wrote:
I went. It was Friday night.. they got a really good team with some really good players. They wont be here this time next year though, because this town is pitiful. No media coverage at all. Its pretty sad they had an article about the game in bowling greens paper but nothing on ours.. they have another game this Friday at 7 and I would recommend checking them out!
I'll be there!
Bluecat

Princeton, KY

#6 Jan 27, 2013
white boy wrote:
It really is a shame that Owensboro doesn't give anything like this coverage. I used to watch the Bluecats in Evansville and loved it. I didn't even know about the Rage until the game was over. I plan on going Friday.
fooooooootball

Beaver Dam, KY

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Bluecat wrote:
<quoted text>
It really is a shame that Owensboro doesn't give anything like this coverage. I used to watch the Bluecats in Evansville and loved it. I didn't even know about the Rage until the game was over. I plan on going Friday.
Remember the Bison? I went to almost every game. They didn't get enough coverage either.
white boy

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2013
We also host a couple of HUGE youth football tournaments a year that get zero coverage in the messenger. I don't get it. Its like this town is scared to allow something besides ochs sports generate any money for the city. Bisons were legit, now they are gone. Rage is legit, and I bet they don't stick around long either .. messenger inquire will be hearing from me, and I hope some of you call and voice your opinion too. Prolly wont change anything, but atleast we can tell them their sports coverage in this city is completely sub par..
What?

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 28, 2013
What the hell are u guys talking about? What are the bison and the rage? My son played Pop Horner for the Steelers but I don't remember those team names?
Stephen Hawking

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2013
[QUOTE who="What?"]What the hell are u guys talking about? What are the bison and the rage? My son played Pop Horner for the Steelers but I don't remember those team names?[/QUOTE]

Kentucky Bisons- former ABA basketball team that played at the sportscenter. Was a lot of fun to watch. Unfortunately they didn't get enough support and folded.
Owensboro Rage- new indoor football team that plays at the next level sports complex. Formerly the Evansville Rage.
missing the rage

Owensboro, KY

#11 Jun 27, 2013
The Rage couldn't even finish their first season in this town. There wasn't community support. They couldn't even pay most of the players because ticket sells were so poor... such a shame. Owensboro doesn't want to grow. There is nothing to do here but eat and go to the movies. The Rage gave us something to be proud of... a professional paid team, not a semi pro team that anyone can join after paying a fee. These were talented football players and great entertainment (minus the skank squad cheerleaders). I wish the football team could have survived Owensboro... apparently this is one of the worst places to open a business. I hope the Next Level can survive...
right

Princeton, KY

#12 Jun 27, 2013
missing the rage wrote:
The Rage couldn't even finish their first season in this town. There wasn't community support. They couldn't even pay most of the players because ticket sells were so poor... such a shame. Owensboro doesn't want to grow. There is nothing to do here but eat and go to the movies. The Rage gave us something to be proud of... a professional paid team, not a semi pro team that anyone can join after paying a fee. These were talented football players and great entertainment (minus the skank squad cheerleaders). I wish the football team could have survived Owensboro... apparently this is one of the worst places to open a business. I hope the Next Level can survive...
Could be because the venue was horrible. Standing room only, no bleachers. And it was very minor league. I went to one game and didn't find it enjoyable at all. I'm all about supporting Owensboro but that atmosphere was terrible. I used to go to BlueCats games in Evansville and it was so much better.

Plus, they played the same annoying Lil Wayne song 30 times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Women who has an STD who are they? 6 min Terry 2
martin cook 9 min Krissy 2
Is it true about Terry Magan 20 min His wife 23
cole running scared 26 min robin 1
chelsea & blake break up??? 27 min Good 7
Guys with an std name them 35 min Curious 14
Jamie sowders 38 min I have 4
fatal car accident hwy 56 7 hr hello 375
Moped Driver involved with SUV at 4th / Locust ... 8 hr WHAT13 48
More from around the web