racist or truth?
ja...ck

Owensboro, KY

#1 May 4, 2013
So, ladies and gentlemen, I want to thank you for the award (big laughter) and giving me an opportunity to speak because, I mean, this is the future, and all of these people who lined up and done..they've got to be wondering what the hell happened. Brown V. Board of Education, these people who marched and were hit in the face with rocks and punched in the face to get an education and we got these knuckleheads walking around who don't want to learn English (clapping) I know that you all know it. I just want to get you as angry that you ought to be. When you walk around the neighborhood and you see this stuff, that stuff's not funny. These people are not funny anymore. And that 's not brother. And that's not my sister. They're faking and they're dragging me way down because the state, the city and all these people have to pick up the tab on them because they don't want to accept that they have to study to get an education.

Excerpt from a speech from Bill Cosby
my thoughts

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 4, 2013
Its a little truth, but a little racist. There are those "knuckleheads" who abuse the system, refuse to educate, and bring down society. With that being said, there are also driven young minds in these "ghettos" and poor neighborhoods who can and will learn, but do not have access too quality education, do not have a support system, and live in broken homes. So the question is... Whose fault is it? Is it the child with limited resources who can't get a quality education. Or is it the job of the well educated to make sure there are avenues for everyone to succeed? Its fact that better educated individuals tend to commit less crime, need less assistance, and all around perform better in life. Sooo... There is TRUTH to this quote, but I believe you should not condemn "them" all when you have done nothing to help. Self destructive mind sets are LEARNED from broken homes and poor teachers. Maybe we should do better as a society too teach a progressive mind set.
think

Owensboro, KY

#3 May 4, 2013
Racism or truth? I think, coming from Cosby, it was his truth.

I think people that repost it, especially on sites such as this, do it because it supports their racism-especially when it's presented as "racist or truth."
ja...ck

Owensboro, KY

#4 May 4, 2013
Does that make Bill Cosby a racist or realist?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maegan Hagan (Nov '16) 3 min Lol 10
Mcnastys back at it!! 3 min Gud day 9
Mary goodsell aka lady marine 11 min roberta 2
Karma is a bi*ch and so are you 11 min Mattie 4
Brittany Smith and Jason Case Wal-Mart on 54 ha... 12 min Jason 6
Anyone know Information on New Apartments Going... 27 min Todd Shart 8
Nurses 1 hr Yes 3

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance