Not Betty Crocker

United States

#1 Mar 20, 2013
I admit I'm no Betty Crocker but my family never goes hungry. I need some new recipies to add more variety to our meals. I'm looking for some simple recipies for any variety of dishes like meatloaf, casseroles,etc. Any serious replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
food

Owensboro, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2013
Stuffed Mexican Shells

Get some of those big pasta shells, cook them, and stuff them with taco meat (I add pico de gallo, too). Then, cover with salsa and cheese, and baked until the cheese is all melty. You could add beans, too, if you like them. Easy and something different.
Grasshopper

Owensboro, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2013
I make my family a cocoanut cream cake. Any white or yellow cake mix prepared as directions on the cake box states. Take a tooth pick and poke holes every where in cake after cake is baked. You can use either cocoanut milk or sweet condensed milk ( I prefer the sweet milk ) and pour it all over top of cake. Refrigerate and let cool for 45 min to an hour. Take cool whip and spread all over top of cake and then sprinkle cocoanut on top of the cool whip. Refrigerate and serve. You have to keep it in the refrigerator after its finished due to the cool whip melting. But my family loves this cake. Hope you enjoy it.
biggestyet

Owensboro, KY

#4 Mar 21, 2013
I have small kids and a simple cheap recipe that I do is a pound of ground beef mixed with sloppy joe mix and two cans of grand jumbo biscuits. Flatten each biscuit and place the sloppy joe mix on half the biscuit. Fold and seal the edges. Once all biscuits are filled and folded bake according to what the directions say on the cans or until golden brown.
It's easy and the clean up is easy and it great finger food.
Peppy

Owensboro, KY

#5 Mar 21, 2013
Pinterest has a lot of quick and easy recipes!
tastefully simple

Benton, KY

#6 Mar 22, 2013
I am a consultant for Tastefully Simple. All of our products are 2 ingredients or less. We have cakes, breads, soups, dips, sauces, and many more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather Thompsons b cups (jourdans wife) 5 min Want it bad 11
Mary goodsell aka lady marine 21 min Becky 1
Mcnastys back at it!! 25 min Pete 6
Taylor Keller tell your new baby daddy to quit ... 1 hr Nini 3
Blake mcneese 1 hr Nini 2
Rachael Neff 1 hr Once or twice 4
Blake aka mcnasty 1 hr Cocked hamma 1

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance