Daviess County High School

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mother

Madisonville, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2014
Was wanting to put my daughter in county schools, she is at OHS now. Is county a good school and have a lot to offer? HELP!
Former Dchs student

Owensboro, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2014
Yes county is a wonderful school, my kids attend county schools and they will attend Dchs one day. Wouldn't want them to go anywhere else! I think you will be pleased with the school.
Moore

Owensboro, KY

#3 Jan 21, 2014
Yea, DCHS should be fine.....depending on ur last name and socioeconomic status.
DCHS Parent

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jan 21, 2014
Daviess Co. is a wonderful school. My daughter graduated from there last year and my son will be starting there in the fall. We do not have a well-known last name and our socioeconomic status is middle-class (at best!) and my daughter never had any problems. The classes were challenging and the teachers, for the most part, are very engaged.
Really

Owensboro, KY

#5 Jan 21, 2014
We are not rich at all and my son loves daviess county high. He doesn't have any issue with economic status or anything. He has friends of every status from highest to low literally. He says everybody is nice there.
Really

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2014
Also he doesn't see the whole gotta wear this or your not cool thing either.

United States

#7 Jan 21, 2014
Moore wrote:
Yea, DCHS should be fine.....depending on ur last name and socioeconomic status.
Totally a stereotype
Tigger

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2014
I have been a sub at DCHS and OHS. I think DCHS is the better school.
Sir Toots Alot

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2014
It's a great school to send your kid if you want him/her to grow up to be a redneck. They teach everything from how to tuck your pants into your knee high boots, to how to wear your hunting camo the right way in Wal-Mart. The teachers even use the real "N" word in class! What a great place to send kids.
Notafan

Madisonville, KY

#10 Jan 21, 2014
I'm sending my child elsewhere next year. DCHS isn't secure. They have allowed parents that aren't allowed to see children to see them and check them out despite having court documents and restraining orders on child's file. I'm not the only one. They've settled out of court several times for allowing parents and other strangers into school that didn't end well. I'd be more specific but legal issues are pending and the settlement offer was ridiculous.
wondering

Beaver Dam, KY

#11 Jan 21, 2014
mother wrote:
Was wanting to put my daughter in county schools, she is at OHS now. Is county a good school and have a lot to offer? HELP!
I'm always reading on here that ohs is a good school. Why doesn't your daughter like it there?

Since: Nov 13

Owensboro

#12 Jan 21, 2014
My son loved OHS when he went there and my daughter loves it as well. They get better grades there than they did in county schools.
Really

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jan 21, 2014
Sir Toots Alot wrote:
It's a great school to send your kid if you want him/her to grow up to be a redneck. They teach everything from how to tuck your pants into your knee high boots, to how to wear your hunting camo the right way in Wal-Mart. The teachers even use the real "N" word in class! What a great place to send kids.
I doubt the teachers use that word in class or there would be an uproar. I'd much rather have my child go to a school that teaches the kids to tuck their pants into their knee high boys as opposed to going to OHS where they're not tucked in at all and hanging halfway down their legs with their boxers and butt hanging out. Who cares if kids at daviess county like wearing camouflage or going to Walmart? At least they're not stealing from Walmart. I have been to OHS and Apollo. When I grew up I made sure I bought a house in the county to make sure my kids wouldn't go to city schools. Just about every black kid there used the "N" word and looked for any comment a white made that could be misconstrued as racist so they could try to act tough. Thing is,they're not thought unless they outnumber the person they're targeting.

Since: Nov 13

Owensboro

#15 Jan 21, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt the teachers use that word in class or there would be an uproar. I'd much rather have my child go to a school that teaches the kids to tuck their pants into their knee high boys as opposed to going to OHS where they're not tucked in at all and hanging halfway down their legs with their boxers and butt hanging out. Who cares if kids at daviess county like wearing camouflage or going to Walmart? At least they're not stealing from Walmart. I have been to OHS and Apollo. When I grew up I made sure I bought a house in the county to make sure my kids wouldn't go to city schools. Just about every black kid there used the "N" word and looked for any comment a white made that could be misconstrued as racist so they could try to act tough. Thing is,they're not thought unless they outnumber the person they're targeting.
Hey that happens in real adult life as well, don't shelter your kid. They need to know life is not easy, safe or equal.
ohs

Owensboro, KY

#16 Jan 21, 2014
I have kids in both districts now. Ohs has way more Ap and Honors classes to offer and a majority of the kids are not on drugs like at DCHS, where most of the kids are spoiled brats.
Hmmmm

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jan 22, 2014
mother wrote:
Do not seek advice from topix for something that concerns the welfare of your child, come on.
sosay

Owensboro, KY

#18 Jan 22, 2014
Just make sure your child does not go to Beacon. Its a awful, awful school. DCHS told me my daughter needed to go there, she met some of the trash of Owensboro. All the kids have issues, so put then in a school together, Teachers just don`t want to mess with these kids. I went to DCHS, but wouldn`t let a child of mind go there. Catholic is a good High School.
Sad

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jan 23, 2014
Sorry but I do agree that Beacon is for the troubled kids but it's sad that they have the reject teachers of public schools teaching. The teachers are just there for a check. So sad!!
Basketball

Owensboro, KY

#20 Jan 23, 2014
I graduated from there last year and it is honestly an unstable school, I remember for a whole week straight there was at least one fight a day and the school cafeteria got a C on there health inspection and not to mention the bomb threats they had there recently.
Bill Clinton

Madison, TN

#21 Jan 23, 2014
I feel your pain!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is it illegal to take your dog outside without ... 1 hr dog owner 1
I've never seen a site so riddled with low life... 1 hr Joker 2
I think I'm trans.. 1 hr alexishoward420 1
kennah Galloway 1 hr Deuces 3
Christopher Micheal Wedding 3 hr Beth 1
Karrie Simmons 3 hr Tasha Shreve 43
landon prather (pos) (Mar '13) 3 hr TheBitchThatWillB... 18
bad wreck u.s 60 stanley 3 hr RIP Taylor 27
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match