Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96822 Apr 6, 2014
Helter pete wrote:
Imposter said he was going to do that as an April fools joke but the half senile old varmint forgot to post it on the first. No fools around here no how gotta go! Yehaaaa Gigayup Horse! Pow pow pow pow riding off in a cloud of gunsmoke and dust, headed west... for the desert....on a mule named horse.

Tell pimp poster I said hey!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96823 Apr 6, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
Know what may flowers bring?

Pilgrims!
I thought it was semi-loads of household furniture..
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96824 Apr 6, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was semi-loads of household furniture..
That would be the Wish flower.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96834 Apr 7, 2014
Quietus or just a lull ?
Anne52

United States

#96835 Apr 7, 2014
*shhhh*. Baby's sleeping.....

Yesterday we did a little metal detecting in the lower field around the spot where the daffodils are blooming. The daffodils are the only visible mark of a house from 100 years ago. We had found several nails, many pieces of metal from an old wood cook stove, shards of pottery, etc when the metal detector went crazy! Digging down we started finding lots of pieces of metal and lots of broken pottery. Marked pieces of dishes and of an old chamber pot, the "mountain dew" jugs, on and on! We stopped digging about 30 inches but will dig more later.. We are assuming we found the old outhouse hole and someone had dumped all the small household pieces into the hole to help fill the hole when the house was removed (or burned). We will bring in a back hoe sometime this summer to get to the bottom of the pit..
Btw, most puzzling was a coin beside my beloved pond. Certainly not old but most unique. A rupee from India.????
Digger

Madisonville, KY

#96836 Apr 7, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
*shhhh*. Baby's sleeping.....
Yesterday we did a little metal detecting in the lower field around the spot where the daffodils are blooming. The daffodils are the only visible mark of a house from 100 years ago. We had found several nails, many pieces of metal from an old wood cook stove, shards of pottery, etc when the metal detector went crazy! Digging down we started finding lots of pieces of metal and lots of broken pottery. Marked pieces of dishes and of an old chamber pot, the "mountain dew" jugs, on and on! We stopped digging about 30 inches but will dig more later.. We are assuming we found the old outhouse hole and someone had dumped all the small household pieces into the hole to help fill the hole when the house was removed (or burned). We will bring in a back hoe sometime this summer to get to the bottom of the pit..
Btw, most puzzling was a coin beside my beloved pond. Certainly not old but most unique. A rupee from India.????
Good morning!!
Anne52

United States

#96837 Apr 7, 2014
Digger wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning!!
Good morning!
Digger

Madisonville, KY

#96838 Apr 7, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning!
how are you this fine morning?
Digger

Madisonville, KY

#96839 Apr 7, 2014
Sure is a nasty old day around here ugh!
Anne52

United States

#96843 Apr 7, 2014
It is a dreary day here also. Hopefully this week will end on a cheerful bright note! Been in Uncle Lees lately?
Helter pete

London, KY

#96847 Apr 7, 2014
Its hot out here on the Pecos trail, been ridding hard for that dirty dog Imposter after I heard how he compromised that pretty little doe eyed gal. Ill gravel in his guts and spit in his eye even though he didnt name one of em Sue. I guess you folks are in some berry or treebud winter ha ha too bad. Its as hot as a two dollar pistol out here on the dusty trail...Looks like he took the Mexican blackbird. I hope the Yaqui scalp him and tie him to a cactus. Hed be better off than he will when I catch up to him.

But better off either way than living on a mountain of dirty diapers LOL. Gidayup Horse you lazy mule! Pow Pow Pow !
lol

London, KY

#96848 Apr 7, 2014
giddy up lol

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#96849 Apr 7, 2014
Helter pete wrote:
It’s hot out here on the Pecos trail, been ridding hard for that dirty dog Imposter after I heard how he compromised that pretty little doe eyed gal. I’ll gravel in his guts and spit in his eye even though he didn’t name one of ‘em Sue. I guess you folks are in some berry or treebud winter ha ha too bad. It’s as hot as a two dollar pistol out here on the dusty trail...Looks like he took the Mexican blackbird. I hope the Yaqui scalp him and tie him to a cactus. He’d be better off than he will when I catch up to him.

But better off either way than living on a mountain of dirty diapers LOL. Gidayup Horse you lazy mule! Pow Pow Pow !
If you see that no good -------
Tell him I need diapers, formula and rent money.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96850 Apr 7, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
If you see that no good -------
Tell him I need diapers, formula and rent money.
and besides that, QWERTY can't even collect any monkey bar admission fees to help defray the expense. No one is interested in paying to see left over duck feathers.
lol

London, KY

#96852 Apr 8, 2014
great morning to all the bird lovas, chicken heads, and grizzly chickens out there across and beyond. everything is beautiful
Amazed

West Liberty, KY

#96854 Apr 8, 2014
Lol!
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96855 Apr 8, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> and besides that, QWERTY can't even collect any monkey bar admission fees to help defray the expense. No one is interested in paying to see left over duck feathers.
Tell me about it. I've got a lot of money tied up in lighting alone. I guess when the brass pole I ordered gets here I'm gonna have to send it back.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96856 Apr 8, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>and besides that, QWERTY can't even collect any monkey bar admission fees to help defray the expense. No one is interested in paying to see left over duck feathers.
Investments gone awry!
I went on a hike Sunday. I thought about what a great area it is. It's the Lower Howard Creek Preserve. They have the foundation of a 1850 log and batten house, old dry laid spring house, stone fences, old graveyard, country cabin remains which were the site of 1939 triple murder. All this plus beautiful scenery and right here in Clark County. The John Holder trail.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96857 Apr 8, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me about it. I've got a lot of money tied up in lighting alone. I guess when the brass pole I ordered gets here I'm gonna have to send it back.
Sorry about that Qwerty. I'm not too sure what happened. There was a romantic dinner, a bottle of wine (or 2),
Imposter said "trust me" the rest is a bit of a blur.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96858 Apr 8, 2014
elderly man is stopped by the police around 2 a.m. and is asked where he is going at this time of night. The man replies, "I am on my way to attend a lecture about gambling, hookers, alcohol abuse and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking, and staying out late." The officer then asks, "Really? Who is giving that lecture at this time of night?" The man replies, "My wife."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
tim villafranca 13 min truth 7
couples you cant stand 22 min GabbyH 13
Nick Mccosh (Apr '14) 37 min yomama 16
Think my girl is bar hopping 1 hr Bars Are Fun 16
ryan mason 1 hr big mistake 5
Fred Reeves Principal 1980 -1990 3 hr joe 2
Westside car break ins and thefts 4 hr Justin 2
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match