Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81691 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#94009 Nov 14, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Yes he was heading east in the morning, west in the evening, just wanted to see if anyone noticed.....
Either way he was getting nowhere fast lol.
Life get's nowhere fast. We can head east or west or just wander around in the garden and either way, it is all over way too soon and our blossoms just wither and die. But it is good to see the beauty of the rose and smell it's sweet aroma while we can, even if we get pricked by the thorn that accompanies it.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94010 Nov 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That's a terrible thing to hit a family, especially this close to the Holidays. Thank God no one was killed or injured. Anyone using heat that involves a chimney should take note and brush up on the proper care of one.
As far as the other subject, the handwriting on the wall is pretty clear at this point. Calamity is near at hand, no doubt. Maybe ten or more years away but personally I doubt it'll be that long. I hope I'm wrong. I guarantee there are plans for mass containment. I've seen one of those camps, its supposed to be a storage area for forestry equipment, yeah right, six big empty dorms surrounded by two razzerwire fences to protect a couple of tractors.
I try not to dwell on it too much.
Beans, rice, water, guns ammo, fuel, training, training training and trusted allies.
Train, train, train until it's all muscle memory. As to all other, same HERE. Nice.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94011 Nov 15, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
After Lavabit being shut down and the ACA- socialized insurance that is unaffordable with high prices and expensive deductibles- being passed, it won't surprise me whatever else happens. Lebar Levison handed over customers' information as it pertained to legal issue. I support, a businessman who has the integrity to close his private, technical business to keep our civil liberties and inalienably rights entact. 400,000 customers whose private chats, messages, pictures and credit card information need protected and not given to others without legal regard.
This kind of conduct reminds me of Nazi Germany and the Russian Bolsheviks. Our forefathers fought not for a country of free to have it destroyed from within. Yet, it happens with Manchurians.
Condolences to the Family who lost their home this holiday season. May blessings come in miscellaneous proportions.Peace and good will.
Misty,

I sent out all of the prayer request calls, mails and texts at 8, by noon the Elders of at least 8 of the larger churches were onsite, on phone and on email. Our Benevolence Committee got together WITHOUT a board meeting! The family is now in 5 adjoining hotel rooms at the Best Western about 9 miles away. Preachers' wives were there writing down shoe sizes, pants, shirts, blouses, coats and essentials were pulled from the local Food Pantry like toothpaste, toothbrushes, mouthwash and you can guess the rest. They have been provided some cash but Sunday there will be special offering requests at most if not all area churches.

God was very busy here today. There were smiles everywhere,but none so much as the family. They were stunned. Thank You Father.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94012 Nov 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Poetry is not a turning loose of emotion, but an escape from emotion; it is not the expression of personality, but an escape from personality. But, of course, only those who have personality and emotions know what it means to want to escape from these things.
T. S. Eliot

I always liked his "Wasteland" diversion. Creep eh? Heeheeheehe

I'll admit it, I'm as mad as the proverbial hatter most times....
Happy most times too.
Mad as a hatter? Too much mercury dear friend.

Level 1

Location hidden

#94013 Nov 15, 2013
Did you see where a man was arrested for repeatedly firing a civil war canon at his neighbors? Apparently it had no gun powder to it, but had fire power and wadding.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#94015 Nov 15, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Did you see where a man was arrested for repeatedly firing a civil war canon at his neighbors? Apparently it had no gun powder to it, but had fire power and wadding.
It would have to have a gun powder charge to even fire. What it did not have was a cannon ball or grape shot. "Grape" being anything that could be rammed down the muzzle such as nails, glass, smaller pellets, and even pieces of stone.

The Civil War cannon balls were generally 20 pounders much like a bowling ball while others contained more explosives within the ball and exploded on impact. One of the primary advantages for the Union forces was the development of the "rifled" cannon where the rifling in the barrel allowed for more distance. The same rifling was employed with the Sharps rifles with telescopes. These Sharps rifles were first used by snipers (hated by normal troops) and became known as Sharps shooters, later abbreviated to SharpShooters. It is reported that Thomas J.(Stonewall) Jackson was initally wounded by friendly forces and subsequently died from pneumonia after having lost his arm from amputation by Old Sawbones.
freakmeout

Danville, KY

#94016 Nov 15, 2013
Birds freak me out dead or alive...getting back to the original title.
truth

Burkesville, KY

#94017 Nov 15, 2013
freakmeout wrote:
Birds freak me out dead or alive...getting back to the original title.
Yaw me to bet is was the man with the connon.
Wake up call

United States

#94018 Nov 15, 2013
been taking the wrong path for years...Still hasn't learned it isn't working.
Goin on

Glasgow, KY

#94019 Nov 15, 2013
Good to see you peeps have kept the thread goin >>>>>keep on keepin on<<<<<<
Imposter

Twinsburg, OH

#94020 Nov 15, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad as a hatter? Too much mercury dear friend.
I always wondered what would have become of me without it. Brain surgeon maybe? Na, probably rocket science.
They dumb'd me down to almost normal MissE.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#94021 Nov 15, 2013
Splitting firewood the old-fashioned hard way with a maul just for the exercise, plus I don't have any gas for the wood splitter. If the SHTF, I can keep on keeping on with a cross-cut, axe, and a maul as long as the old body holds out. Cinderella should be toasty the next time she visits and these muscles just might impress her. LOL
tweet tweet

West Liberty, KY

#94023 Nov 16, 2013
birdie birdie
Anne

United States

#94024 Nov 16, 2013
It's going to be a beautiful [email protected] Hope your muscles aren't too sore from all that wood splitting.
Apparently everyone had a wonderful evening yesterday. Yesterday was jam packed around here from 8am till 8pm.
I may have found a good source for some large geodes! From the sound of it some are small boulder size! Hope they are available as I've got a wonderful spot for them-- both sides of the steps to the back deck. Even as a child I collected pretty and unusual rocks. After all us kids left home Mom became a rock hound and had displays at the library and gave short rock talks at the schools. So I guess I came by it honestly. Lol
Time to rise and shine . Hope your day is wonderful.
:-( sad note. Headed to Winchester for the funeral of a long time acquaintance. He was suffering much so this is really a blessing.

Level 1

Location hidden

#94025 Nov 16, 2013
Anne wrote:
It's going to be a beautiful [email protected] Hope your muscles aren't too sore from all that wood splitting.
Apparently everyone had a wonderful evening yesterday. Yesterday was jam packed around here from 8am till 8pm.
I may have found a good source for some large geodes! From the sound of it some are small boulder size! Hope they are available as I've got a wonderful spot for them-- both sides of the steps to the back deck. Even as a child I collected pretty and unusual rocks. After all us kids left home Mom became a rock hound and had displays at the library and gave short rock talks at the schools. So I guess I came by it honestly. Lol
Time to rise and shine . Hope your day is wonderful.
:-( sad note. Headed to Winchester for the funeral of a long time acquaintance. He was suffering much so this is really a blessing.
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94026 Nov 16, 2013
The "muscle thing" stirred this up,...just gotta tell it. The Belle, who is 13 years younger than me decided to play Annie Oakley or Dale Evens. Our new neighbor lady west of us invited her to go horse back riding (on her horses), of which she has 3. Well, long years back we had 3 Appaloosas of our own but......that was long ago....well, they went riding and you can imagine what her walking looked like the next day,....Popeye's! I know it wasn't very funny but it was one of them "I told ya so's".) But at least it's good to have a nice neighbor, ya know?..but not Hopalong for a wife!!!!
qwerty

Luck, WI

#94027 Nov 16, 2013
This is a super day for putting off whatever is currently top of your list of priorities. You'll tackle sleep to the best of your ability, without making a big deal of it. Ideally, you should sleep while sleeping because this is when you'll be at your most efficient. At some point, you may be asked to get up and get going. Hit the snooze. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94028 Nov 16, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
That is sad-- but you will be in my town!
Remembering in elementary, when the teacher gave us the tray if rocks to learn. I loved the smooth, cold stones. Rosy Quartz was my favorite.
You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)

(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...

Level 1

Location hidden

#94030 Nov 16, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be careful identifying quartz, a lot of people take it for granite,,,"ta dum pum" :-)

(I do have a 1'x1'x1' chunk of rose quartz this sits on a bookshelf in the great room. We were in Estes Park, CO a coupe of years ago and bought a BUNCH of beautiful rocks. I have green quartz in the shape of KY inn the top tier of the front garden and 2 big chunks of blue marble the size of my head. I had a lot of fun with the name of the place "Dick's Rock Shop"...
LOL. You got your rocks off of Dick?

Level 1

Location hidden

#94031 Nov 16, 2013
Hello wrote:
We have all sinned. It is the blood of Jesus that takes away our sins (1st Peter 1:18,19); not a prayer, self-righteousness, or a religious experience. Self-righteousness is a road to Hell (Romans 10:3-4; Mark 7:6-13). If you'll simply believe upon the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior, because of the blood He shed for your sins, then you will be saved.

Thessalonians 1:8 Warns "In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Salvation is of God, and we have nothing to do with meriting, maintaining, or keeping it. Our part is to believe on Christ, trusting in His finished work of redemption to pay for our sins with His precious blood.

Jesus clearly stated in John 14:6... "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

To be saved, you simply stop trying to work your way to Heaven; and you rest in the finished work of Christ.

Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day.
We know this. Your point being???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelby stewart 12 min Yuuuup 6
Blocked private number thread deleted 15 min I know 1
attorneys 28 min DO NOT USE 3
Rocky Pinkston?! Dude is twisted loser. 41 min meme 14
Hucks on 54 (Sep '12) 42 min Tom Sawyer 18
Something about Brandon's 51 min quivering 4
Rachel McDaniel 52 min Breakitoff 22
News Eight Felony Arrest Warrants Served on Daviess ... 2 hr Bonfire 23

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web