Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81765 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93215 Sep 30, 2013
Wonder where AW is?? Hope he is well
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93217 Sep 30, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Wonder where AW is?? Hope he is well
AW is fine, Internet Sevice Provider has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. But some prunes and turnip greens must have fixed the problem. LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

#93218 Sep 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>AW is fine, Internet Sevice Provider has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. But some prunes and turnip greens must have fixed the problem. LOL
Glad to hear--- what would I do without my wolf out there looking out for me?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93219 Sep 30, 2013
I am "spreading the love" here. I had too many roosters and the little guy was getting left out, so I gave him to an old couple that had 5 hens and no rooster. I went to see him today at his new home and he was strutting around like he was somebody. I guess he is now.

Level 1

Location hidden

#93220 Sep 30, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am "spreading the love" here. I had too many roosters and the little guy was getting left out, so I gave him to an old couple that had 5 hens and no rooster. I went to see him today at his new home and he was strutting around like he was somebody. I guess he is now.
Does that make you a match maker or a pimp daddy?
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#93221 Sep 30, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Family tries to tell me " long distance relationships" don't last. Phooey, just makes them more interesting I say. It is fantastic that you get to travel back and forth between places. Anyway, since he's retired you can enjoy your time together and apart knowing love is all around. Hehehe. I don't ever let anyone interfere with my relationship.
Partner knows where I stand and I him. It's terrific that although two people can fight and be apart: they always find themselves together again:) I think I'd be home fishing on the pond and eating those fish.Hahaha. Fortunately, you and he always have the option. Great stories, glad you share.
Misty,

Just a quick note to tell you how much I appreciate your grammatically correct prose/punctuation and spelling. Everyone here is far better than many forums but you have such a way,,,

So,,Thank You!

Rick
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93222 Sep 30, 2013
@ Rick aka Tollesboro Guy

I have so many imperfections...Sentence structure that ends with a preposition is a big no,no. Lol, I revert to my younger years when life was simplified and the educators noticed. Thank you for being nice. I so enjoy all the comments on here. You,
AW, Anne,Nope, Imposter, Miss Font and that disappearing Abeliever have so many charming, interesting and heartfelt stories. Whether there are stories about life experiences which include different experiences, thoughts on various subjects or just joking moods , it makes my day better realizing that humanity still exists in this world and it comes through from great Folks like yourself.
Blessings to you and have a restful night:)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#93224 Oct 1, 2013
Rise and shine everyone!! Coffee is ready and I have my favorite mug in hand!!

It's a bit too dark here yet to let the feather heads out, but it won't be long until their fluffy butts start to jump off of their perches. I'll faintly hear them hit the floor of the coop one at a time to let me know they're getting restless for breakfast. The rest of their spoiled days are spent chasing bugs, scratching dirt and waiting on me to once again come out to feed them dinner. The greatest reward, aside from their conical antics out there, is that I in turn get those wonderfully fresh eggs every day...

Thank you Lord, the circle of life pleasantly continues to turn at the Nope house.
(And without too many squeaks, realistically speaking)...

Anyway... Wake up! Wake up, everyone!!
As John Wayne would say, "We're burnin' daylight"....

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93225 Oct 1, 2013
A man walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. The bartender pulls out a shotgun and fires a shot, barely missing the man's head. The man gets up, says thank you, and leaves a tip.

"Why the tip and thank you?" asks a customer, who was sitting nearby.

"Because," said the bartender, "The dude had the hiccups!
Anne

Montrose, PA

#93226 Oct 1, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Family tries to tell me " long distance relationships" don't last. Phooey, just makes them more interesting I say. It is fantastic that you get to travel back and forth between places. Anyway, since he's retired you can enjoy your time together and apart knowing love is all around. Hehehe. I don't ever let anyone interfere with my relationship.
Partner knows where I stand and I him. It's terrific that although two people can fight and be apart: they always find themselves together again:) I think I'd be home fishing on the pond and eating those fish.Hahaha. Fortunately, you and he always have the option. Great stories, glad you share.
Lol. The long distance relationship. I know about that! Now,woman to woman, have you ever, while talking to your honey, gotten aggravated and instead of arguing said, "Traffic is getting heavy, I've got to get off of here."? Lol. Heeheehee!
Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate them!
Just had lunch in a small basement diner that requires you to leave the sidewalk and go down some stairs to the entry door. Kinda like in Cheers. And yes, everybody seemed to know everbodys name. Hey, it's a small town under a 1,000 people! Washer stopped. Later!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93228 Oct 1, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The long distance relationship. I know about that! Now,woman to woman, have you ever, while talking to your honey, gotten aggravated and instead of arguing said, "Traffic is getting heavy, I've got to get off of here."? Lol. Heeheehee!
Thanks for all the kind words. I appreciate them!
Just had lunch in a small basement diner that requires you to leave the sidewalk and go down some stairs to the entry door. Kinda like in Cheers. And yes, everybody seemed to know everbodys name. Hey, it's a small town under a 1,000 people! Washer stopped. Later!
I will say something like I have to go I think I'm getting another call from so and so whom I haven't heard from in a while. Hehehe. Well, it's the truth; it's the green eyed monster in me rearing her ugly head and about to spew like a volcano. He started gushing about this long haired waitress with that hair a swishing. Boy, I knew, I better end that call quickly. A few months later I started gushing about the actor Mark Walberg who in his 40s had such a nice build. He mutters ' wish I still looked like that.' Hehehe. We have to love' em, Anne. They work so hard to make our lives better. You keep on enjoying yourself on that trip.It sounds like it's been a blast so far!!!
Truth lives

United States

#93229 Oct 1, 2013
life wrote:
It's a sign of what's to come! When we lose our natural inhabitants, It's usually not a good looking outcome for the rest of us. Lets keep drilling for oil and creating the next precription medication!....Because we need it.
AMEN!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93230 Oct 1, 2013
ISP took too much of the prunes and turnip greens to alleviate their constipation, and then had 24 hours of back door trots. I hope they are regular again. hehehe
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93231 Oct 1, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear--- what would I do without my wolf out there looking out for me?
You can let the night crawlers look out for your shoe, I will look out for the better parts. LOL
Anne

Stafford, VA

#93232 Oct 1, 2013
It's already late so I'm off to sleep after this. My chickens have been popping out those eggs since I've been gone. My grandson says he knows the reason is all the crickets he's been feeding them. Could be true for all I know!
This little apartment is shaping up!! I figure we've spent about $150 so far but I'd like to get a rug for in front of the couch and a couple things for the living room wall. It was half off household goods at the thrift shop today and I found a 2x3 pic of large dahlias-- yellows, oranges, reds and a little green. It really spruced up that tiny 8x10 yellow kitchen! Then I stuck in a red dish drainer and a red trash can. I'm having fun.
Tomorrow I'm headed out to lunch with some of the other wives. Japanese hibachi. Each group of ladies meet once a week and last year when I was here I met with two groups. Tomorrows meeting is a two hour drive for me so I've got to catch those zzzz's!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93233 Oct 1, 2013
@Anne.. Hens just enjoy consistent and better weather. They are creatures of habit and don't care for changes in weather or routines. They do require a high level of protein for egg production, so the crickets might be a treat.

Mine are such habitual creatures that with 12 nesting boxes they will only use 2 and argue over those like siblings arguing over bathroom time even when there is another one some place else. My hen's egg production is also much better than a month or so ago.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93234 Oct 2, 2013
During my IT career, I traveled quite a bit to install hardware and software but never stayed in any one place long enough to maintain an apartment. But also being a country bumpkin, I found that a pickup truck with a cab-over camper fit my needs better that dragging my junk in and out of motel rooms or trying to make last minute reservations.

With IT, one just rarely knew when or how long they would be someplace. When it worked, you might be ready to move on, but if not you might have to stay another day. I suppose that is why I did not get frustrated over the last 3 days of my ISP problems. I can indentify with that poor fool out there trying to fix things with everyone jumping up and down and anxious for the repairs.
Careers in IT

Lexington, KY

#93235 Oct 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
During my IT career, I traveled quite a bit to install hardware and software but never stayed in any one place long enough to maintain an apartment. But also being a country bumpkin, I found that a pickup truck with a cab-over camper fit my needs better that dragging my junk in and out of motel rooms or trying to make last minute reservations.
With IT, one just rarely knew when or how long they would be someplace. When it worked, you might be ready to move on, but if not you might have to stay another day. I suppose that is why I did not get frustrated over the last 3 days of my ISP problems. I can indentify with that poor fool out there trying to fix things with everyone jumping up and down and anxious for the repairs.
AW, I spent the last 31 years of my life in IT and I can relate. I didn't go the Cab-over/pickup route but I did have a customized van that served me well. I still have some clients that have depended on me for 18 years now. Cracker Barrel and Dollar General are "zero downtime" shops and their POS systems can never, ever be down or people will walk out. Just a little pressure but it was rewarding. 1 & 1/2 years to go...
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93236 Oct 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:

The pickup with the slide in camper is how we would choose to travel on a long trip. You definitely had the right idea! We've got our eye on one but now's not the time. It is really nice to have your things readily available and, ahem, especially that bathroom! Around september there were always accessible cornfields with reach up and grab corn cobs, but a person gets tired of that!
About those hens of mine. What you said about consistent weather and all makes a lot of sense. I have laying pellets that I feed them and I also throw out a couple handfuls of scratch everyday. I just don't keep a barrel of crickets on hand! Lol. It seems my grandson enjoys that part soooo, more power to him!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93237 Oct 2, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
The pickup with the slide in camper is how we would choose to travel on a long trip. You definitely had the right idea! We've got our eye on one but now's not the time. It is really nice to have your things readily available and, ahem, especially that bathroom! Around september there were always accessible cornfields with reach up and grab corn cobs, but a person gets tired of that!
About those hens of mine. What you said about consistent weather and all makes a lot of sense. I have laying pellets that I feed them and I also throw out a couple handfuls of scratch everyday. I just don't keep a barrel of crickets on hand! Lol. It seems my grandson enjoys that part soooo, more power to him!!
That is why I chose the pickup with the slide in camper. I had a rack built to hold the camper when I was not traveling for work, and still had the pickup the rest of the time for lumber, firewood, towing my boat and such. A tag-a-long camper and a boat are not very compatible. LOL Have a good day. Chicken feeding time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Aaron Carbon 15 min costa 4
Brian lives on Washington 18 min Nunya 1
all the dope wh@res think he is such a gentleman 26 min truth 3
If you think you know who I am 28 min disappear 3
People whose bump and grindered with their sibl... 31 min Bryan 5
he loves me... he loves me not 33 min real 4
black guy name chicken 57 min obviously 6
More from around the web

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE