First Prev
of 4
Next Last
trying again

United States

#1 Jul 15, 2012
What are some of the negative sides to dating someone who is 10+ years older than you?
hey there

United States

#2 Jul 15, 2012
Might depend on things I'n common,
hey there

United States

#3 Jul 15, 2012
I like to talk to younger woman
just sayin

Owensboro, KY

#4 Jul 15, 2012
I have a friend engaged to someone almost 20 years their senior. The biggest drawback I see as an outsider is an unyielding commitment to their way. Like they refuse to think there is another way to do something.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5 Jul 15, 2012
Loss of sex drive and/or ability will end sooner for the man. Intimacy will be gone.
Just say what

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Jul 15, 2012
just sayin wrote:
I have a friend engaged to someone almost 20 years their senior. The biggest drawback I see as an outsider is an unyielding commitment to their way. Like they refuse to think there is another way to do something.
WTF are you talking about?!?
ladybug

United States

#7 Jul 15, 2012
I only date older always have always will
hmmm

Owensboro, KY

#8 Jul 16, 2012
just sayin wrote:
I have a friend engaged to someone almost 20 years their senior. The biggest drawback I see as an outsider is an unyielding commitment to their way. Like they refuse to think there is another way to do something.
We may get more set in our ways as we age. Also, we know from experience what works. And some people, no matter what their age, always think they are right and their way is the only way. So it's like most other things in life; it's hard to generalize. If they love each other, as a friend you should support their decision. But there's nothing wrong with discussing your concerns with your friend before the big day.
hey there

United States

#9 Jul 16, 2012
I'll take a younger woman
Confused

United States

#10 Jul 16, 2012
I have been seeing an older man for several months and I am still trying to figure out his motives. At first I accepted his invite to hurt the guy I had been dating after breaking up due to his lack of disclosure and honesty, but the more I was with him and talked with him the more I felt or feel we have in common.

For me, the relationship offers a feeling of safeness that I haven't had in relationships before. I believe he is honest, meaning he doesn't out right lie, but I do believe he has issues with disclosure.

I can't figure out what exactly he wants or what his expectations are, and that is really starting to bother me. I am not sure how long you can view a relationship as "having a good time."
been there

United States

#12 Jul 16, 2012
Confused wrote:
I have been seeing an older man for several months and I am still trying to figure out his motives. At first I accepted his invite to hurt the guy I had been dating after breaking up due to his lack of disclosure and honesty, but the more I was with him and talked with him the more I felt or feel we have in common.

For me, the relationship offers a feeling of safeness that I haven't had in relationships before. I believe he is honest, meaning he doesn't out right lie, but I do believe he has issues with disclosure.

I can't figure out what exactly he wants or what his expectations are, and that is really starting to bother me. I am not sure how long you can view a relationship as "having a good time."
I was dating an older man for over a year. He travels with his job. He has MAJOR problems with disclosure. Kept his phone on vibrate. He got to the point he wouldn't take me out in public or we would have to go to another town to go to the movies or dinner. He would be gone longer than normal to the bathroom. But, when we were at his or my place it took him no time at all. Come to find out he was juggling more than one woman in different towns along with the town he was in. It was sad because I cared for him and had not been intimate with anyone but him while we were together. Not true for him..:(
hey there

Gurley, AL

#13 Jul 16, 2012
been there wrote:
<quoted text>I was dating an older man for over a year. He travels with his job. He has MAJOR problems with disclosure. Kept his phone on vibrate. He got to the point he wouldn't take me out in public or we would have to go to another town to go to the movies or dinner. He would be gone longer than normal to the bathroom. But, when we were at his or my place it took him no time at all. Come to find out he was juggling more than one woman in different towns along with the town he was in. It was sad because I cared for him and had not been intimate with anyone but him while we were together. Not true for him..:(
I would hang out
lipstick

Owensboro, KY

#14 Jul 16, 2012
I love older women!!!! Age is just a number. If your worried about sexual intimacy, they make a pill called Viagra. The most important issues are does he make you feel good about yourself and does he treat you with respect??? If so, stop worrying about age.
been there

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2012
He's on Viagra! My problem with the disclosure part was he lied about being with others. We didn't use protection because he assured me he wasn't seeing anyone else.... That's wrong!!
...

United States

#16 Jul 16, 2012
I'm dating a older man as well. He is very secretive about things and he never wants to have sex yet he watches porn while I'm at work and constantly flirts with other women and texts and calls them all the time. He says it's bc he is older and he can't do it like he used to. I think it's a load of bs really. I don't know what his motives are either. We've been together now five months and he says he doesn't want me to fall for him bc he doesn't want to be in love. Then what's the point in a relationship I wonder!!??
same boat

Owensboro, KY

#17 Jul 16, 2012
[QUOTE who="..."]I'm dating a older man as well. He is very secretive about things and he never wants to have sex yet he watches porn while I'm at work and constantly flirts with other women and texts and calls them all the time. He says it's bc he is older and he can't do it like he used to. I think it's a load of bs really. I don't know what his motives are either. We've been together now five months and he says he doesn't want me to fall for him bc he doesn't want to be in love. Then what's the point in a relationship I wonder!!??[/QUOTE]

how old is he?? I met someone a few months ago who fits the exact same description. come to find out he was still in love with his ex. he still texts me even though he lives with his girlfriend and visits his ex often even though she lives in a different town than he does
first time

Chicago, IL

#18 Jul 16, 2012
I haven't been out with a older man ever,but one is interested in me. He is 75 and is in great shape. He is very stable and has nice things. I'm 40 in a few days. He asked me to go to the movies, I said yes. I'm going to go out with him and go one day at a time. I just wonder what he really wants. Hopefully a friend that can develope into Love!
yep

Owensboro, KY

#19 Jul 16, 2012
you are all stupid those men are cheating on you wake up and smell the viagra
been there

United States

#20 Jul 16, 2012
I agree! When my guy wasn't cheating we would have sex several times a day. Actually give him a few min. And he was ready to go again. When he was cheating. That all stopped. I sure hope were not talking about the same guy.
same boat

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jul 16, 2012
been there wrote:
I agree! When my guy wasn't cheating we would have sex several times a day. Actually give him a few min. And he was ready to go again. When he was cheating. That all stopped. I sure hope were not talking about the same guy.
who are you talking about

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Jessica english hippo 25 min lol 4
Sadie Bartrum 27 min well hmmm 16
Cops in Owensboro ky 1 hr Durden 68
she is still my heart 1 hr hmmmm 36
where is Jessica leftwich 1 hr missing my little... 1
I need a guy friend. 1 hr Jesse 16
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr ole Joe 7,392
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match

Owensboro Jobs

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Owensboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owensboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]