Pizza 54 is an overpriced joke.

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Vic Damone

Owensboro, KY

#1 Oct 18, 2013
It's amazing to me that they're still in business. Obviously someone doesn't mind paying extremely inflated food prices for a mediocre pizza at best. I'll go to Cecilia's or Papa Johns where my wallet is treated fairly.
GuyPizza

Owensboro, KY

#2 Oct 18, 2013
Vic Damone wrote:
It's amazing to me that they're still in business. Obviously someone doesn't mind paying extremely inflated food prices for a mediocre pizza at best. I'll go to Cecilia's or Papa Johns where my wallet is treated fairly.
The pizza is actually pretty good! Try going to Fetta Pizza. My wife and I went down there and got a pizza and couldn't believe the prices! It's not all what they say it is....... Neither one of us was impressed!
Hands

Earlington, KY

#3 Oct 19, 2013
They don't wash their hands at 54 pizza. They will deal with actual cash or credit/debit cards. Then go prepare pizza dough with bare hands that were never washed!
PizzaEater

Owensboro, KY

#4 Oct 19, 2013
I had a buddy that worked there a few years back and the place was run by these crazy religious extremists. They played religious talk shows on the radio all day long. The male manager at the time had this adopted Russian daughter that was a complete and utter psychopath too.
Vic Damone

Richmond, KY

#5 Oct 19, 2013
I just want to know why the prices are so outrages. I mean is the cheese sprinkled with gold dust or something? Odd.
hmm

United States

#6 Oct 19, 2013
Well pizza toppings are expensive. The price for everything is high. I have worked at several pizza places and to see how many toppings they put on their pizza it makes sense. Plus, papa John's and dominos and such are franchises within a corporate business. Corporate decides the price and their specials. 54 is a small business that is only getting money from those two stores. They are doing really well actually. Expanded both stores recently. If you don't enjoy quality food that might be expensive, then don't buy it.
pharmguy

Owensboro, KY

#8 Oct 20, 2013
hmm wrote:
Well pizza toppings are expensive. The price for everything is high. I have worked at several pizza places and to see how many toppings they put on their pizza it makes sense. Plus, papa John's and dominos and such are franchises within a corporate business. Corporate decides the price and their specials. 54 is a small business that is only getting money from those two stores. They are doing really well actually. Expanded both stores recently. If you don't enjoy quality food that might be expensive, then don't buy it.
I personally love pizza 54!! I go to the one at Starlite and absolutely love the pizza and the lady that runs the Starlite store is always pleasant and nice! She always takes the time to talk with us and every time we show up they know us by name and remember our order! Plus how can anyone complain about the prices.... They offer a hospital employee discount and if you sign up with your cell number that every dollar you spend there you get points. When you get 100 points you get that next purchase free.
Vic Damone

Owensboro, KY

#10 Oct 20, 2013
hmm wrote:
Funny, Pizza by the Guy isn't a large corporate business, and they keep their prices low while the food quality remains high. I think it's funny how Pizza 54 always puts those 10 and 15% discount coupons in papers all around town, when their large pizzas are like 30% more exspensive then your average large pizza at regular menu price at any other pizza store around town. Which means if you use a 15% off coupon, your still paying at least 15% over regular menu price compared with corporate AND small business pizza stores. I know the food vendor that Pizza 54 uses. It's the same vendor that Cecilia's Pizza uses, but Cecilia's doesn't rip it's customers off like 54 does.
crazy man

Owensboro, KY

#11 Oct 20, 2013
If you don't like it, then go somewhere else. I am quite sure they will survive without you. I love them and will go twice a week instead of once to make up for your lost business.
Uk girl

Owensboro, KY

#12 Oct 20, 2013
I worked there for 7 years and everything is homemade including dough and quality is number 1 to the owner. If its too expensive try little Caesars. They are super nice people there
cooter

La Vergne, TN

#13 Oct 20, 2013
My ol man wrks there. They are clean ppl. An nice w. Good service. Most def. Not religious freaks. Not that its wrong to b but if u dnt like them or the prices they dont need u cindy the owner does very well for herself an the wrkers do to. So get over it cheap asses
matter of opinion

United States

#14 Oct 20, 2013
Vic Damone wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, Pizza by the Guy isn't a large corporate business, and they keep their prices low while the food quality remains high. I think it's funny how Pizza 54 always puts those 10 and 15% discount coupons in papers all around town, when their large pizzas are like 30% more exspensive then your average large pizza at regular menu price at any other pizza store around town. Which means if you use a 15% off coupon, your still paying at least 15% over regular menu price compared with corporate AND small business pizza stores. I know the food vendor that Pizza 54 uses. It's the same vendor that Cecilia's Pizza uses, but Cecilia's doesn't rip it's customers off like 54 does.
I personally don't like Pizza by the Guy and don't mind to pay a bit more to go to 54. I prefer the food and the service. Looks like it's just a matter opinion and personal preference!
Hillbilly Jim

Owensboro, KY

#15 Oct 20, 2013
Based on what I've read here, I won't go and I'll recommend that my friends don't visit either. I hate the "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" attitude.
It is run by baptist

Owensboro, KY

#16 Oct 20, 2013
It is owned by Baptist that think it is o.k. to sin 6 days a week but pack your bible while you are doing it as long as you are in church on Sunday. They exploit their own family and worship money only. I feel sorry for the workers. They just need a job.
i eat papa johns

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 20, 2013
54 sucks. It's overpriced and sauce and crust sucks.
no way

Owensboro, KY

#18 Oct 20, 2013
It is run by baptist wrote:
It is owned by Baptist that think it is o.k. to sin 6 days a week but pack your bible while you are doing it as long as you are in church on Sunday. They exploit their own family and worship money only. I feel sorry for the workers. They just need a job.
Funny, all the Baptist I know like dope and the female Baptist give their pu44y away to get it.
barrel

Toledo, OH

#19 Oct 21, 2013
They charged me more than prices on menu so I am not going back.
cooter

La Vergne, TN

#20 Oct 21, 2013
Haha baptist ay. I thought this post was ab pizza not religion. You ppl are so silly
Love it

Owensboro, KY

#21 Oct 21, 2013
My favorite pizza place! The quality is worth it!
David

United States

#22 Oct 25, 2013
I love 54 pizza!! It is great pizza and the prices are nice too! Unlike the over
priced Fetta Pizza!! Just because you can make pizza dough doesn't mean you can make a pizza!! The wife and I went down to Fetta Pizza and I assure you it's not Chicago style pizza!! I truly believe if someone thought of putting bubble gum on a pizza then they would do it! I can't believe they will put anything on a pizza crust just to make a sale!
During our visit.. I noticed that if your young and hip and drinking beer than the waitress will wait on you more and even flirt with you. Both of us being in our early 50's didn't help us! We actually saw our waitress 3 times while we were there. First time to take our order. Second time to bring us out order. Third times to collect our money and pick up her tip! Wow.... What lousy service!!
We lived in Chicago for 18 yrs and I know pizza.... Fetta pizza is not, nor will never be anything close to compare to Chicago style pizza!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Menche 12 min Abcde 20
Owensboro hookers 13 min Shumie 3
Katie settle deletes everything 46 min haha 4
I just finished my time machine 51 min Good with my hands 4
Reggie's one stop meth shop 1 hr Karma 17
body found 1 hr Teacher 3
My old school hottie wants to reunite 1 hr Ur right 19

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance