Tip your bartenders this weekend!

Tip your bartenders this weekend!

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

bubbly

United States

#1 May 10, 2013
The bartenders you expect to make your drinks are working this weekend instead of being able to enjoy the festival with you guys. Tip them well, make sure they know it. You'll be glad to did. It makes you stand out from the douchebags that don't and to will get better and quicker service.
Thirsty

Owensboro, KY

#2 May 10, 2013
Nah ill pass unless your showing something. Making a drink Isint hard. And you don't make 2.13 an hr so good luck with that!
smdh

United States

#3 May 10, 2013
wish I knew what bar you worked at, about 6 friends of mine and I would be there all night and not flip you a dime.
alabama hot pocket

United States

#4 May 10, 2013
Lots of people work on the weekend, not just bartenders. Bbq fest is gay anyways.
Get With It

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 10, 2013
Thirsty wrote:
Nah ill pass unless your showing something. Making a drink Isint hard. And you don't make 2.13 an hr so good luck with that!
When I was a bartender, I made 2.13 an hour as a wage. Generally, the only ones that make more are ones that work at restaurants.
Get With It

Owensboro, KY

#6 May 10, 2013
smdh wrote:
wish I knew what bar you worked at, about 6 friends of mine and I would be there all night and not flip you a dime.
Aren't you the cool guy? Not tipping shows a lot about your character.
smdh

United States

#7 May 10, 2013
Get With It wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the cool guy? Not tipping shows a lot about your character.
I tip based on the performance and attitude of my server. Automatically thinking you're entitled to a tip based on the "I deserve it because I'm a waiter/waitress philosophy" generally means, from my past experiences, you're already Luke warm, at best.
Dee Moseley

United States

#8 May 10, 2013
I ain't tippin no ratchet jazz tr!ck for no dayumn drank! Them b!tches pull in crazy $ a nite F that
Friend referal

Hopkinsville, KY

#9 May 10, 2013
I'm a waiter and I get great tips. I give people more than expected. I do run into the occasional loser who is a non tipping jerk head. I just take care of the loser like that and get them by sticking my hand down my pants grab my sweaty ballz then I pick up there dinner bread with the sweaty hand. Such satisfaction. I wash and sanitize my hand before touching anyone else's food or drink.. Bartenders make 6 dollars an hour and up. Plus they just make a dinner. If your going to tip fat tip your server they handle your food behind close doors. Bartenders serve beer 75 percent of the time. Yeah that really deserves a great tip. Joke
alabama hot pocket

United States

#10 May 10, 2013
Friend referal wrote:
I'm a waiter and I get great tips. I give people more than expected. I do run into the occasional loser who is a non tipping jerk head. I just take care of the loser like that and get them by sticking my hand down my pants grab my sweaty ballz then I pick up there dinner bread with the sweaty hand. Such satisfaction. I wash and sanitize my hand before touching anyone else's food or drink.. Bartenders make 6 dollars an hour and up. Plus they just make a dinner. If your going to tip fat tip your server they handle your food behind close doors. Bartenders serve beer 75 percent of the time. Yeah that really deserves a great tip. Joke
Confused a little here... how do you know who is going to be a non tipping jerk head before they even eat? Why would you be serving them bread after they get their bill and fail to tip you?
Here is a tip

Owensboro, KY

#11 May 10, 2013
At a bar, some people tip more than others. The word for those who tip the most is "tipsy".
jerks

United States

#12 May 10, 2013
Looks like the story about people in Owensboro being crappy tippers and trash in general is true.
to much cash

Shelton, CT

#13 May 10, 2013
Says a lot more about workers when you get on topix and beg for tips.
meth

United States

#14 May 10, 2013
Just don't tip at Pan Head Fred's. They are only going to use the money to buy meth. You may be saving their lives.
Friend referral

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 May 10, 2013
alabama hot pocket wrote:
<quoted text>
Confused a little here... how do you know who is going to be a non tipping jerk head before they even eat? Why would you be serving them bread after they get their bill and fail to tip you?
When you have worked at a place long enough. You learn the good people and the jerkheads. This is a small town. Hope that helps with your heightened level of confession.
alabama hot pocket

United States

#18 May 10, 2013
Friend referral wrote:
<quoted text>When you have worked at a place long enough. You learn the good people and the jerkheads. This is a small town. Hope that helps with your heightened level of confession.
Gotcha.
right

Owensboro, KY

#19 May 10, 2013
jerks wrote:
Looks like the story about people in Owensboro being crappy tippers and trash in general is true.
You can't judge the whole city of Owensboro based on a few douchebags from a garbage site like Topix.
Hgz

Hopkinsville, KY

#20 May 10, 2013
right wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't judge the whole city of Owensboro based on a few douchebags from a garbage site like Topix.
And your on topic because your not garbage. I see
check yourself

Tucker, GA

#21 May 10, 2013
Hgz wrote:
<quoted text>And your on topic because your not garbage. I see
Do you ever even check to make sure anything you post makes SENSE before hitting the button???
Hgz

Hopkinsville, KY

#22 May 10, 2013
check yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever even check to make sure anything you post makes SENSE before hitting the button???
I do it for attention.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rumor is Saturday will be sweeping for warrants... 26 min Barney Fluff 4
You honestly think 29 min i agree 12
Taylor Gray on meth 44 min Larry Towntards C... 4
David Maske (Mar '14) 1 hr Truth 3
T Bouie 1 hr Trashy 37
James Shanks and wynter 2 hr Yep 2
Heather at Valvoline Oil Change place 4 hr uhuhuh 3

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance