This Christmas buy Made in America

This Christmas buy Made in America

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

patriot

Princeton, KY

#1 Nov 22, 2012
Support the U.S.A. God bless this country.
no sir

Milton, WI

#2 Nov 23, 2012
unless your buying someone a car, get japanese. there built waaayy better than the american snap together plastic cars with faulty wiring/sensor and everything else that keeps them from being drivable.
watsamattau

United States

#3 Dec 5, 2012
I bought a Chevy in 2010 ,and so far it has been as good as the Honda that I had before.I agree that several years ago,about 25 or 30 to be exact,american cars were pretty sorry.
Who cares

United States

#4 Dec 5, 2012
In this economy? Damn, my kids wouldnt get jack if i bought only made in america
trying

Owensboro, KY

#5 Dec 5, 2012
I'm trying to buy products made within the US this year. Also, making some handmade gifts and buying used video games.
Honestly, I don't even know what to buy my kid. He/she already has enough and another little rinky dink toy from China will not be missed.
No need to keep up with the Joneses
Merry Christmas!
trying

Owensboro, KY

#6 Dec 5, 2012
patriot wrote:
Support the U.S.A. God bless this country.
Any suggestions on where to buy "Made in USA" products?
patriot

Princeton, KY

#7 Dec 5, 2012
trying wrote:
<quoted text>Any suggestions on where to buy "Made in USA" products?
When you want to buy something, look for made in the USA. Let's say you want to buy some dishes. Look on the bottom for made in the U.S.A. It isn't always an option, but when you can find something made here...purchase it. We need to support our country and our workers not China. You could also google the product you want to buy with made in the US..like jeans made in the US.
patriot

Princeton, KY

#8 Dec 5, 2012
patriot

Princeton, KY

#9 Dec 5, 2012
trying

Owensboro, KY

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Thanks!

“"All gave some, Some gave all"”

Level 3

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Thank you patriot for putting this idea out there. I try to do this in all my business dealings year round, so please dont do this only at Christmas time, make it a habit to buy American whenever possible. Help keep America working and strong.
watsamattau

United States

#12 Dec 6, 2012
trying wrote:
<quoted text>
Any suggestions on where to buy "Made in USA" products?
Hint,it ain't Walmart.
usa

Tucker, GA

#14 Dec 6, 2012
Support the USA
trying

United States

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Fightclub wrote:
I'm sure we'd all like to buy Made in the USA products, but the reality is wherever you go, whichever big box store you shop, the shelves are stocked full of products made in some turd world country. Handmade gifts are fine, but your friends will most likely think you're a cheapskate.
Sounds like you need better friends.
Tryin

United States

#16 Dec 6, 2012
I try to buy American when I can but the things you buy most of like shoes and clothes and most toys,if they are name brand,are made elsewhere. You can buy these things made in the USA but they're usually not what's considered in style. As for vehicles,they have always been American. One because you can find a dependable,stylish vehicle made in America and two because my husband is a union man and if he parked a foreign vehicle on a job site or at a hall parking lot is it possible it will be vandalized. I agree we should all try to buy American but it would help if we were competitive with the products we made.
watsamattau

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2012
A Toyota plant has opened near here and employes several thousand people.The profit may be going to Japan ,but a lot of people draw a check,and we need that now.
did you know

United States

#18 Dec 6, 2012
watsamattau wrote:
A Toyota plant has opened near here and employes several thousand people.The profit may be going to Japan ,but a lot of people draw a check,and we need that now.
If you are talking about Princeton, I don't know much about their employees, wages, etc. But as far as Ttma goes, did you know they laid off a huge chunk of employees about 2 years ago, that they also employ a lot of temps who make between $9-$12 hourly and that many of the newer employees are Hispanic?
watsamattau

United States

#19 Dec 6, 2012
did you know wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are talking about Princeton, I don't know much about their employees, wages, etc. But as far as Ttma goes, did you know they laid off a huge chunk of employees about 2 years ago, that they also employ a lot of temps who make between $9-$12 hourly and that many of the newer employees are Hispanic?
The plant is about 20 miles north of Tupelo Ms.,and has been open for about a year,I think.I don't know about wages,but I don't think it is unionized.I heard one time they paid about 18 dollars an hour.Most working people around here make less than 10 dollars an hour,so that is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Cabbage 11 min Searching 3
if u know stacey storms (Jan '09) 11 min Free byrd 6
Misty Howard 31 min But 3
People and their disgusting cell phones! 48 min Sweet T 5
Victor hayden 50 min Come get me 1
edge body boot camp 1 hr Yum 4
Tri-State Pain Management (Sep '15) 1 hr Angel Eyes 32

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance