Why I am voting for Obama?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#22 Dec 8, 2012
Im going to Laugh at you Obama supporters when you get a notice that you have to get your obama care life insurance and cant afford it!!!
Whats going to happen then?
you will be fined and when you can't pay the fine, its off to the jail house!
Wow!!! The jails and prisons are sure gonna be crowded Big Time!!!!!
Handsome Man

Owensboro, KY

#23 Dec 8, 2012
I've been voting for decades and I've cast votes for both parties. The Republicans perform poorly economically and are too quick to go to, or escalate war.

President Obama was handed a lousy situation and managed to save the country from all out depression.

As it stands today, I am an Obama Man, and will vote against most Republicans, they are a failed party.
Bonkers

Owensboro, KY

#24 Dec 8, 2012
Republican wrote:
Im going to Laugh at you Obama supporters when you get a notice that you have to get your obama care life insurance and cant afford it!!!
Whats going to happen then?
you will be fined and when you can't pay the fine, its off to the jail house!
Wow!!! The jails and prisons are sure gonna be crowded Big Time!!!!!
You will be right there in jail with the libs as well, so you might as well start being nice to them because they will be watching you poo.
Bonkers

Owensboro, KY

#25 Dec 8, 2012
Republican wrote:
Well you can go ahead and judge me all you want to!! Only cowards do that!!!
Seems you know a lot about being a coward?
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#26 Dec 9, 2012
Bonkers wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you know a lot about being a coward?
Your probably the very one thats judging me every time i post arnt you?
Coward!
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#27 Dec 9, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
I've been voting for decades and I've cast votes for both parties. The Republicans perform poorly economically and are too quick to go to, or escalate war.
President Obama was handed a lousy situation and managed to save the country from all out depression.
As it stands today, I am an Obama Man, and will vote against most Republicans, they are a failed party.
Yea we are such a faild party arnt we? and What has Obama done that your so proud of??? Lets see how about Job losses to start out with. Lots of coal mining jobs gone and small buisnesses going under because of his plan. How about the keystone pipeline that was suppose to help bring down gas prices and of course off shore drilling that he voted against. Oh yea!!! He sure has saved this country thats for sure!!! The economy looks better and better each day! TELL ME have you seen here in town people on corners of the streets that are holding up sighns that say "Help! will work for food! anything will do!" Obama care at its best.
Handsome Man

Owensboro, KY

#29 Dec 9, 2012
Republican wrote:
<quoted text> Yea we are such a faild party arnt we? and What has Obama done that your so proud of??? Lets see how about Job losses to start out with. Lots of coal mining jobs gone and small buisnesses going under because of his plan. How about the keystone pipeline that was suppose to help bring down gas prices and of course off shore drilling that he voted against. Oh yea!!! He sure has saved this country thats for sure!!! The economy looks better and better each day! TELL ME have you seen here in town people on corners of the streets that are holding up sighns that say "Help! will work for food! anything will do!" Obama care at its best.
Get a grip. You are repeating lies.
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#30 Dec 9, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip. You are repeating lies.
I have no reason to lie. You just need to look around and quit living in denile.
Bonkers

Owensboro, KY

#31 Dec 9, 2012
Republican wrote:
<quoted text> Yea we are such a faild party arnt we? and What has Obama done that your so proud of??? Lets see how about Job losses to start out with. Lots of coal mining jobs gone and small buisnesses going under because of his plan. How about the keystone pipeline that was suppose to help bring down gas prices and of course off shore drilling that he voted against. Oh yea!!! He sure has saved this country thats for sure!!! The economy looks better and better each day! TELL ME have you seen here in town people on corners of the streets that are holding up sighns that say "Help! will work for food! anything will do!" Obama care at its best.
Just for starters, 75% of the job losses were before he took office and we have now had something like 30 months in a row with job increases.
I am truely sorry to say that coal is a dying industry, and part of my job depends on coal.
The Keystone pipeline was never meant to me a job maker, expecially once finished. Its main purpose is to bypass mid-western refineries and get the oil to refineries on the coast, so the gas and diesel can be loaded onto ships to take it to China. And this will cause gas prices to increase in Kentucky.
Bonkers

Owensboro, KY

#33 Dec 9, 2012
Mc smokey wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal is a dying industry. Interesting. Maybe you should look around. Cause the only thing keeping all of these business and homes going is coal. I haven't seen any nuclear plants or wind turbines around. Have you.
Yes it is dying, two to three of the coal fired power plants in this area may close in the next 14 months. One for sure.

And they are being replaced by natural gas fired plants, some may just be retro-fitted to NG and not close.

Level 2

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#34 Dec 9, 2012
Bonkers wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is dying, two to three of the coal fired power plants in this area may close in the next 14 months. One for sure.

And they are being replaced by natural gas fired plants, some may just be retro-fitted to NG and not close.
Bad info dude all I got to say.
Bonkers

United States

#35 Dec 9, 2012
Mc smokey wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad info dude all I got to say.
It is true I visit these plants on a daily basis. The times are in fact changing.
Info

Tucker, GA

#36 Dec 10, 2012
Coal has environmental issues. Emission controls keep getting stricker and it is extremely expensive to retrofit the current plants. It is just unfortunate, but nessasary, to keep pollutants low to help the environment. Coal is hard to use without having excessive pollutants
blank

White Plains, KY

#37 Dec 10, 2012
They took ur jobs!!!
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#38 Dec 10, 2012
Info wrote:
Coal has environmental issues. Emission controls keep getting stricker and it is extremely expensive to retrofit the current plants. It is just unfortunate, but nessasary, to keep pollutants low to help the environment. Coal is hard to use without having excessive pollutants
So i guess your advice is for all the coal miners to just quit coal mining all together and start making solar panels? Yea! That will go over real good!!! Obama care at its best!!!
Republican

Madisonville, KY

#39 Dec 10, 2012
Bonkers wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for starters, 75% of the job losses were before he took office and we have now had something like 30 months in a row with job increases.
I am truely sorry to say that coal is a dying industry, and part of my job depends on coal.
How about the thousands of other jobs that depend on coal in kentucky, west virginia, tennessee. ect. Your job is not the only coal job!!!
Handsome Man

United States

#40 Dec 11, 2012
Jobs will be lost, that is the economic reality. Over the last century many industries have been lost or replaced due to emerging technologies.

Dependence on coal fired power plants must change.
Info

Tucker, GA

#41 Dec 11, 2012
Republican wrote:
<quoted text> So i guess your advice is for all the coal miners to just quit coal mining all together and start making solar panels? Yea! That will go over real good!!! Obama care at its best!!!
I was referring to your quote, "Lets see how about Job losses to start out with. Lots of coal mining jobs gone and small buisnesses going under because of his plan." It is the environmental agencies that have beat up on coal's use through the years. I never once gave my advice on what coal miners should do dumb a$$. It's a bad situation but unfortunately has to be done to protect the environment.
And you keep spouting "Obama care at its best!!!" These environmental agencies have been hitting the coal plants for many years now making them clean up their emissions. It has nothing to do with Obama care idiot. You are like most of the conspiracy freaks that post garbage opinions on here as facts. You take everything that you don't like and somehow twist it into something that is mandated through Obama care. Obama care hasn't even been fully instated yet and the problems you try to blame on that legislation have been around way before Obama was even elected. Surely you're not as dumb as you make yourself look on here!
Old School

Owensboro, KY

#42 Dec 11, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
Jobs will be lost, that is the economic reality. Over the last century many industries have been lost or replaced due to emerging technologies.

Dependence on coal fired power plants must change.
Dependence on coal fired power plants must change? Why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Poole April Poole 21 min friend of fam 3
Funny and fast MMA fight 24 min Livermore 3
Levi Grey single? 58 min A Friend 15
where is brittany thorpe (Feb '15) 1 hr Eagles lady 7
Heather S in ICU 1 hr Wondering 1
Talent force 1 hr Needanewjob 3
Robbie Tutt 1 hr really 4

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance