owensboro twinkes all gone

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
!!!!!

Princeton, KY

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Now 18,000 people are going to get unemployment benefits, food stamps, and welfare. Thanks hostess.
Hoffa

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 16, 2012
[QUOTE who="!!!!!"]Now 18,000 people are going to get unemployment benefits, food stamps, and welfare. Thanks hostess.[/QUOTE] Thank the unions, at least they are still alive. They chopped me up and buried me in a Detroit driveway!
noname

Saint Charles, KY

#3 Nov 16, 2012
[QUOTE who="!!!!!"]Now 18,000 people are going to get unemployment benefits, food stamps, and welfare. Thanks hostess.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't Hostess...it was the union and the picketing employees that dug this one under. Quit complaining about your pay and get to work. They should have just fired all those picketing and hired some of the other Americans looking for work.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

United States

#4 Nov 17, 2012
noname wrote:
[QUOTE who="!!!!!"]Now 18,000 people are going to get unemployment benefits, food stamps, and welfare. Thanks hostess. "

It wasn't Hostess...it was the union and the picketing employees that dug this one under. Quit complaining about your pay and get to work. They should have just fired all those picketing and hired some of the other Americans looking for work.
They could've hired replacements but they didn't because they're in a business that's way over capacity, people are turning away from their products because America is eating healthier and they've already gone bankrupt twice in the last eight years. The union just turned out to be the scapegoat for their piss poor management practices.
bite this

Owensboro, KY

#5 Nov 17, 2012
Thank the Union and Obama.
65rolyatwr

Union Star, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
They could've hired replacements but they didn't because they're in a business that's way over capacity, people are turning away from their products because America is eating healthier and they've already gone bankrupt twice in the last eight years. The union just turned out to be the scapegoat for their piss poor management practices.
no they couldn't in that short of time while in bankruptcy. The labor costs were too high, and the union would not allow their members to take a 8% cut that could have saved the company, their jobs, and my twinkies
Handsome Man

Calvert City, KY

#7 Nov 17, 2012
An equity investment firm will buy them up and re-employ about 60% of the former workers at a ridiculously low rate of pay. You can bet that the sharks are circling as we speak.
your name here

Owensboro, KY

#8 Nov 17, 2012
65rolyatwr wrote:
<quoted text>
no they couldn't in that short of time while in bankruptcy. The labor costs were too high, and the union would not allow their members to take a 8% cut that could have saved the company, their jobs, and my twinkies
This was a set up to make the unions look bad and scare workers overall of America. Do you really think anyone would have stopped buying Twinkies if they would have raised the price of a box by 25 cents?

These managers were sent in there to bust the unions plain pure and simple. Plus the rich can scare the working class into working for less money to keep their jobs.
wtwd13

Orange, VA

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Labor cost is less than Bimbo and Lewis Brothers.Hardworking employes couldn't overcome bad management.
lol

United States

#10 Nov 17, 2012
wtwd13 wrote:
Labor cost is less than Bimbo and Lewis Brothers.Hardworking employes couldn't overcome bad management.
It's true. Some of the management received 90 percent pay increases, but they kept wanting workers to take 8 percent pay cuts year after year.
Old School

Tucker, GA

#11 Nov 17, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>They could've hired replacements but they didn't because they're in a business that's way over capacity, people are turning away from their products because America is eating healthier and they've already gone bankrupt twice in the last eight years. The union just turned out to be the scapegoat for their piss poor management practices.
They are all at fault...management AND the union. Quit trying to put the blame on one side.
Old School

Tucker, GA

#12 Nov 17, 2012
your name here wrote:
<quoted text>This was a set up to make the unions look bad and scare workers overall of America. Do you really think anyone would have stopped buying Twinkies if they would have raised the price of a box by 25 cents?

These managers were sent in there to bust the unions plain pure and simple. Plus the rich can scare the working class into working for less money to keep their jobs.
If that is the case, I hope it worked.
Handsome Man

Calvert City, KY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Observation Deck wrote:
Another result of electing Obummer
Its just a little fallout from Big Business not calling the shots anymore. Americans have a right to a living wage for their labor.
Old School

Tucker, GA

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
<quoted text>Its just a little fallout from Big Business not calling the shots anymore. Americans have a right to a living wage for their labor.
Big business did call the shots. They had the option of paying more but chose not to. Owners and execs of the corp made out like a king. I'd say the losers are not the company, but the 18,000 workers that lost their job a month before Christmas.
Handsome Man

Calvert City, KY

#16 Nov 17, 2012
Old School wrote:
<quoted text>
Big business did call the shots. They had the option of paying more but chose not to. Owners and execs of the corp made out like a king. I'd say the losers are not the company, but the 18,000 workers that lost their job a month before Christmas.
Why couldn't it have been a win-win?

Level 1

United States

#17 Nov 17, 2012
Old School wrote:
<quoted text>Big business did call the shots. They had the option of paying more but chose not to. Owners and execs of the corp made out like a king. I'd say the losers are not the company, but the 18,000 workers that lost their job a month before Christmas.
Principal matters. Don't tell me I need to sacrifice - once again - at the same time you're tripling your own salary.
Handsome Man

Calvert City, KY

#18 Nov 17, 2012
Hostess failed because their management had no vision. They never updated their product line or linked to other products. Just think how tasty Twinkie Vodka would have been.

Level 1

United States

#19 Nov 17, 2012
65rolyatwr wrote:
<quoted text>no they couldn't in that short of time while in bankruptcy. The labor costs were too high, and the union would not allow their members to take a 8% cut that could have saved the company, their jobs, and my twinkies
The CEO Hostess hired in March has an extensive background in liquidating failing businesses. It looks like Hostess made up their minds months ago which route they were taking - the strike was just a convenient way to divert the blame away from their failed business model.
Old School

Tucker, GA

#20 Nov 17, 2012
Handsome Man wrote:
<quoted text>Why couldn't it have been a win-win?
I would assume it was to prove a point. As there are a large number of people in this country who disagree with the whole idea of unions, This seems to be a groundbreaking stance that one side took probably in hopes Of weakening unions in the future.
Old School

Tucker, GA

#21 Nov 17, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>Principal matters. Don't tell me I need to sacrifice - once again - at the same time you're tripling your own salary.
If I owned the company I can do what I want with it. You have the option to work there or to not work there. There are plenty of jobs available for those that are willing to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda faith anderson. 9 min yum 2
ohrh er (Dec '13) 23 min Scdk 3
Mary dope head jones 39 min When will you learn 1
Ashley martin 42 min Tabatha 4
Lisa S 1 hr U know 1
Ryan Payne 1 hr U know 1
Ashley G 1 hr Hmmmmm 12

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance