Good doctor in Owensboro

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

I need a doctor

Louisville, KY

#1 May 4, 2012
I need a good family/general practioner doctor in Owensboro that is accepting new patients. Does anyone know of any? I wish we had a physician finder thing like Evansville has.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 May 4, 2012
I honestly can't name a single good doctor in Owensboro. Obviously I haven't been to all of them, but the ones that I have been to were horrible, ignored me when I told them that my kid was having asthma attacks and refused to give him a breathing treatment. I ended up taking him to Dr. Martin in reo and she diagnosed him with ... ASTHMA!(duh). They also diagnosed the child with eczema when it was obviously NOT eczema, but ringworm. And that was three different doctors that his bio mom and I took him to. Took that one to Dr. Martin too, and guess what? He had ringworm. Anyway, excuse my rant. Lol. IMO, it's worth the drive to Reo if you want a good doctor. Dr. Martin at deaconess clinic in reo is excellent. Dr. Wessel is good to, but Dr. Martin is the best. If you can't go to an Indiana doctor, maybe you could call your old doctor's office and ask them to recommend someone. They will usually do that if you have moved and can't use them anymore.

“Don't read what's to the right”

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#3 May 4, 2012
One thing to keep in mind when trying to find a GP is that they're typically MD's. MD's, the (sadly) most common doctor to which people go, are doctors of allopathic medicine. Allopathic medicine is the treatment of symptoms through pharmaceutical drugs. These doctors do not know how to treat chronic illness or really anything aside from trauma-related issues. This is the reason no one ever gets better, because that's not what they are trained to do.
I know this will cause a big stink because no one knows that there are different forms of medical practice, ie, allopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic, naturopathic, homeopathic...
Going to an allopathic doctor for cancer is like going to a shoe shop to get your car fixed.
If there is nothing wrong with you I would suggest going to a nutritionist to talk about what you're eating, and what you should eat. Food is the most fundamental form of medicine, the majority of ailments are due to people not eating properly; it's like pouring windex in your gas tank and wondering why your car doesn't work properly. Secondly, I would find an osteopathic doctor and have them do your annual "wellness visits".

Angi, your son's asthma can be alleviated through non-pharmaceutic methods. I'm not saying take away his inhaler or anything, but just a few tips would be Ginseng and Fish Oil, or another source of EFA's (essential fatty acids), Flax seed oil is a vegetarian/vegan route if that's what you prefer, but is not as good as fish oil; these are fantastic anti-inflammatory agents. 500mg of magnesium can dilate your bronchial tubes, which makes it easier to breathe, as asthma is the contraction... 50mg of wild licorice (aka coleus) in some warm water 2 or 3 times a day. Coleus alleviates lung inflammation, but may also exacerbate steroids which he may already be taking to treat his asthma, so make sure you talk with his doc about that first.
I hope this information helps.
I need a doctor

Louisville, KY

#4 May 4, 2012
Well I need one for my kids and husband for when we are sick. Or when my kids need shots. I do not like their pediatrician and no other pediatrician will take them now that they have already been to one. (Makes no sense) So Drahos, if you have any suggestions let me know.

“Don't read what's to the right”

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#5 May 4, 2012
I need a doctor wrote:
Well I need one for my kids and husband for when we are sick. Or when my kids need shots. I do not like their pediatrician and no other pediatrician will take them now that they have already been to one.(Makes no sense) So Drahos, if you have any suggestions let me know.
Seems like a tough situation. So far as needing a doctor when you're sick, for instance a cold or flu, they're unnecessary; there's nothing they can do for you but tell you to drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest. Sometimes you'll get a retarded one and they'll prescribe you antibiotics, which do nothing against a virus and destroy the good bacteria in your body in turn, for women, give you a yeast infection because it's the bacteria that keeps the yeast in check. And the latter need, whew don't get me started on "shots". Though I do understand that it's now customary to have an allopathic doctor. One thing many people don't know is that you don't need a pediatrician specifically, any general practitioner is good, so that may help you widen your options by not narrowing them to strictly pediatricians.
But keep in mind that in 2008 allopathic medical care was the third leading cause of death in the US; and has surely increased since then. That's because allopathic doctors (MD's) are not trained in cures, merely drug-based 'treatment'. Look up medical industry leading cause of death for more information on that reference.
If I were you I would go to your insurance provider's website for a listing of their accepted doctors, that would be the best place to start. A doctor is a very important role if you have one, you should, in a sense, interview them, get to know them and their bedside manner to make sure they are right for you because compassion and humanity have been lost by most doctors these days.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#6 May 4, 2012
drahos wrote:
One thing to keep in mind when trying to find a GP is that they're typically MD's. MD's, the (sadly) most common doctor to which people go, are doctors of allopathic medicine. Allopathic medicine is the treatment of symptoms through pharmaceutical drugs. These doctors do not know how to treat chronic illness or really anything aside from trauma-related issues. This is the reason no one ever gets better, because that's not what they are trained to do.
I know this will cause a big stink because no one knows that there are different forms of medical practice, ie, allopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic, naturopathic, homeopathic...
Going to an allopathic doctor for cancer is like going to a shoe shop to get your car fixed.
If there is nothing wrong with you I would suggest going to a nutritionist to talk about what you're eating, and what you should eat. Food is the most fundamental form of medicine, the majority of ailments are due to people not eating properly; it's like pouring windex in your gas tank and wondering why your car doesn't work properly. Secondly, I would find an osteopathic doctor and have them do your annual "wellness visits".

Angi, your son's asthma can be alleviated through non-pharmaceutic methods. I'm not saying take away his inhaler or anything, but just a few tips would be Ginseng and Fish Oil, or another source of EFA's (essential fatty acids), Flax seed oil is a vegetarian/vegan route if that's what you prefer, but is not as good as fish oil; these are fantastic anti-inflammatory agents. 500mg of magnesium can dilate your bronchial tubes, which makes it easier to breathe, as asthma is the contraction... 50mg of wild licorice (aka coleus) in some warm water 2 or 3 times a day. Coleus alleviates lung inflammation, but may also exacerbate steroids which he may already be taking to treat his asthma, so make sure you talk with his doc about that first.
I hope this information helps.
We actually do use fish oil, chamomile seems to have a soothing effect, although that could just be from the warm liquid, & pure peppermint oil in a vaporizer really helps quickly. We also try to eat as naturally as we can, but totally natural isn't always possible. We also use several air purifiers and ionizers. These seem to help too. He does still have occasional attacks though, and uses a nebulizer. His asthma is triggered by allergies to pollen, mold, etc. I had never heard of using wild licorice though. I have asthma too, with the same causes, so I'll try it next time I have an attack and see if it helps! I like to try things myself before I give it to my kids. I do like to have a nebulizer around though, because sometimes the attacks are sudden and severe.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#7 May 4, 2012
drahos wrote:
One thing to keep in mind when trying to find a GP is that they're typically MD's. MD's, the (sadly) most common doctor to which people go, are doctors of allopathic medicine. Allopathic medicine is the treatment of symptoms through pharmaceutical drugs. These doctors do not know how to treat chronic illness or really anything aside from trauma-related issues. This is the reason no one ever gets better, because that's not what they are trained to do.
I know this will cause a big stink because no one knows that there are different forms of medical practice, ie, allopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic, naturopathic, homeopathic...
Going to an allopathic doctor for cancer is like going to a shoe shop to get your car fixed.
If there is nothing wrong with you I would suggest going to a nutritionist to talk about what you're eating, and what you should eat. Food is the most fundamental form of medicine, the majority of ailments are due to people not eating properly; it's like pouring windex in your gas tank and wondering why your car doesn't work properly. Secondly, I would find an osteopathic doctor and have them do your annual "wellness visits".

Angi, your son's asthma can be alleviated through non-pharmaceutic methods. I'm not saying take away his inhaler or anything, but just a few tips would be Ginseng and Fish Oil, or another source of EFA's (essential fatty acids), Flax seed oil is a vegetarian/vegan route if that's what you prefer, but is not as good as fish oil; these are fantastic anti-inflammatory agents. 500mg of magnesium can dilate your bronchial tubes, which makes it easier to breathe, as asthma is the contraction... 50mg of wild licorice (aka coleus) in some warm water 2 or 3 times a day. Coleus alleviates lung inflammation, but may also exacerbate steroids which he may already be taking to treat his asthma, so make sure you talk with his doc about that first.
I hope this information helps.
The thing that really made me mad was that he was having a mild attack when I took him in, and the doctor diagnosed it as strep throat, took no cultures or anything, prescribed antibiotics and made an appt to have his tonsils removed. I am most certainly not an idiot, and I know what an asthma attack sounds like because I have it myself, but that doctor refused to even listen to his lungs. Made me really mad.
?

United States

#8 May 4, 2012
drahos wrote:
One thing to keep in mind when trying to find a GP is that they're typically MD's. MD's, the (sadly) most common doctor to which people go, are doctors of allopathic medicine. Allopathic medicine is the treatment of symptoms through pharmaceutical drugs. These doctors do not know how to treat chronic illness or really anything aside from trauma-related issues. This is the reason no one ever gets better, because that's not what they are trained to do.
I know this will cause a big stink because no one knows that there are different forms of medical practice, ie, allopathic, osteopathic, chiropractic, naturopathic, homeopathic...
Going to an allopathic doctor for cancer is like going to a shoe shop to get your car fixed.
If there is nothing wrong with you I would suggest going to a nutritionist to talk about what you're eating, and what you should eat. Food is the most fundamental form of medicine, the majority of ailments are due to people not eating properly; it's like pouring windex in your gas tank and wondering why your car doesn't work properly. Secondly, I would find an osteopathic doctor and have them do your annual "wellness visits".

Angi, your son's asthma can be alleviated through non-pharmaceutic methods. I'm not saying take away his inhaler or anything, but just a few tips would be Ginseng and Fish Oil, or another source of EFA's (essential fatty acids), Flax seed oil is a vegetarian/vegan route if that's what you prefer, but is not as good as fish oil; these are fantastic anti-inflammatory agents. 500mg of magnesium can dilate your bronchial tubes, which makes it easier to breathe, as asthma is the contraction... 50mg of wild licorice (aka coleus) in some warm water 2 or 3 times a day. Coleus alleviates lung inflammation, but may also exacerbate steroids which he may already be taking to treat his asthma, so make sure you talk with his doc about that first.
I hope this information helps.
I thought you were leaving topix?

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#9 May 4, 2012
I think Dr. Houston wasn't too bad if I remember correctly. Seems like he listened to the problem and didn't rush through exams. It's been a while though, and we switched when we moved to Indiana. The office I'm thinking of is on breckenridge, near the funeral home. Unless they've moved.
need to kmow

Owensboro, KY

#10 May 4, 2012
Please name some if these terrible doctors.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#11 May 4, 2012
need to kmow wrote:
Please name some if these terrible doctors.
Hmmmmm it's been a while. I know the one with the asthma thing was at St. Camillus (sp?) but I don't remember her name, the one with the ringworm thing was Dr. Shah, the other two his bio mom took him to and I don't remember what their names were. I'll try to look and see if I still have the other's info in my address book.
unknown

Owensboro, KY

#12 May 4, 2012
AngiRiley wrote:
I think Dr. Houston wasn't too bad if I remember correctly. Seems like he listened to the problem and didn't rush through exams. It's been a while though, and we switched when we moved to Indiana. The office I'm thinking of is on breckenridge, near the funeral home. Unless they've moved.
that's Houston, but they are not on Breckenridge anymore. They are on triplett, he is wonderful but he does not take new patients anymore. He does have several other doctors in his practice now that take new patients.

“Don't read what's to the right”

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#13 May 4, 2012
[QUOTE who="?"]<quoted text>
I thought you were leaving topix?[/QUOTE]
I said I would pop in on occasion. This is an occasion ;)
Did you miss me, or are you disappointed you've now got to see my ugly mug in posts again? ;)

“Don't read what's to the right”

Level 8

Since: Aug 11

Owensboro, KY

#14 May 4, 2012
AngiRiley wrote:
I think Dr. Houston wasn't too bad if I remember correctly. Seems like he listened to the problem and didn't rush through exams. It's been a while though, and we switched when we moved to Indiana. The office I'm thinking of is on breckenridge, near the funeral home. Unless they've moved.
That's exactly what I meant when I mentioned the diminished bedside manner. No one wants to talk to patients anymore. They want to just assume and give antibiotics. The antibiotics are out of control, they're creating deadly super-bugs that are resistant to antibiotics. And they try to just rush everyone through. When you are part of the 3rd leading cause of death in the country, I think that should make you realize you need to slow down and take your time.
cdp

Owensboro, KY

#15 May 4, 2012
Dr. Jeremy Bradley is an excellent doctor, as is Dr. Logan.
I need a doctor

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 May 4, 2012
cdp wrote:
Dr. Jeremy Bradley is an excellent doctor, as is Dr. Logan.
Are they accepting new patients?

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 May 4, 2012
drahos wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly what I meant when I mentioned the diminished bedside manner. No one wants to talk to patients anymore. They want to just assume and give antibiotics. The antibiotics are out of control, they're creating deadly super-bugs that are resistant to antibiotics. And they try to just rush everyone through. When you are part of the 3rd leading cause of death in the country, I think that should make you realize you need to slow down and take your time.
Couldn't agree more. People need to find a doctor who will listen to what they are saying, and not immediately dismiss it when a patient says "I think this is the problem." I've had doctors who will refuse to admit that that's the problem simply because I told them it was. Sadly, those doctors are becoming more and more common, and good doctors are very hard to find anymore.

Level 1

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#18 May 4, 2012
Btw, speaking of antibiotics, grapeseed oil is an excellent natural antibiotic, often more effective than prescription antibiotics. It's nasty but it works. And lemon juice mixed with aloe will work just as well as an antibiotic ointment.
HORRIBLE

Owensboro, KY

#19 May 5, 2012
Dr Jones who owns Enclave Family Health Care is HORRIBLE. He will diagnose a patient with everything under the sun so he can run tests. The onsite lab is also owned by him. HE CAN NOT BE TRUSTED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Josh Klee 10 min QA girl 3
Review: Willowood Apartments 23 min puff 1
Zack Evans is a pedophile! 36 min BeCareful 5
Mexicans good or bad? (Jul '12) 36 min ignorance 19
Heartford House Hospice 48 min Lubber 1
Jenni cupples Haynes 1 hr Face of meth 1
9in c#ck looking for fun 4 hr robert76 5
robert76 loves the touch of another man! 6 hr Tara 17
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match

Owensboro Jobs

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Owensboro News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owensboro

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]