Obama thinks a 250,000 per year are millionaires

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Really

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Anybody else wonder about his math skills? Raising taxes on millionaires is one thing, 250,000 is quite another!
hello

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 12, 2012
Really wrote:
Anybody else wonder about his math skills? Raising taxes on millionaires is one thing, 250,000 is quite another!
That's insane...Glad I only make 60,000 a year. ;)

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Owensboro, KY

#3 Nov 12, 2012
Really wrote:
No, he doesn't think they're millionaires - he thinks they're in good enough shape financially to help our nation out in a time of need. If my paying an extra 2 or 3 percent in taxes would help right our nation's economy - count me in. Hopefully there's others who love their country enough to help out.
Castle

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he doesn't think they're millionaires - he thinks they're in good enough shape financially to help our nation out in a time of need. If my paying an extra 2 or 3 percent in taxes would help right our nation's economy - count me in. Hopefully there's others who love their country enough to help out.
yes he does. I think Americans would be more inclined to help if we trusted the government to spend the money wisely. I don't. I see the ridiculous waste and spending that won't stop and we are just suppose to give them more money to blow. We call that throwing good money after bad and that makes no business sense. It has nothing to do with loving our country. Not to mention it has already been noted that this tax on the rich won't put a dent in anything. It was a stunt to help get him elected. Worked like a charm. That's fine, but now he needs to do something, for all of us! All of us... Not just the left.
hello

Owensboro, KY

#5 Nov 12, 2012
hello wrote:
<quoted text>
That's insane...Glad I only make 60,000 a year. ;)
It was only sarcasm... Please don't take me serious. LOL
Carl

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Where the hell were you people when we were starting wars and not paying for them? Where the hell were you people when for the first time in our history we started wars AND cut taxes. Where the hell were you people when we passed the bush tax cuts, which is the BIGGEST contributer to the deficit. Now you turn around and say the countryy is in debtttttt, its alllll because of those laaazzzzy black people and those greeeedy teachers and fireeeeeemen who want their penisons, it's because ofa llllll those stinky mexicansss taking allll my hard earnnnned moneyyyyy geezeeeee why dont they just learn english alllll ready and quit spendin galllllll my moneyyyyy. Shut the hell up. You start paying attention to policy around election season then you go back to watching UK basketball and wrestling. You won't read a fucking newspaper for four years then you'll be right back here trying to pretend you know what the hell you're talking about.
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#7 Nov 12, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
once again I am calling you out on this, If you want to pay more in taxes, write them a check now and prove it. You go on about wanting to, there is nothing stopping you now, write the check and send it in. Otherwise STFU about "wanting" to pay more.
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#8 Nov 12, 2012
Carl wrote:
Where the hell were you people when we were starting wars and not paying for them? Where the hell were you people when for the first time in our history we started wars AND cut taxes. Where the hell were you people when we passed the bush tax cuts, which is the BIGGEST contributer to the deficit. Now you turn around and say the countryy is in debtttttt, its alllll because of those laaazzzzy black people and those greeeedy teachers and fireeeeeemen who want their penisons, it's because ofa llllll those stinky mexicansss taking allll my hard earnnnned moneyyyyy geezeeeee why dont they just learn english alllll ready and quit spendin galllllll my moneyyyyy. Shut the hell up. You start paying attention to policy around election season then you go back to watching UK basketball and wrestling. You won't read a fucking newspaper for four years then you'll be right back here trying to pretend you know what the hell you're talking about.
same place they are when the Dims keep increasing spending on welfare and other governement entitlements, same place they are when the goverenemnt spends trillions on bailouts, stimulus that doesn't work, and the billions they wasted on green energy companies that fail. where are they? Screaming at the politicians telling them to "STOP" the unnecessary spending!

Level 1

Tucker, GA

#9 Nov 12, 2012
65rolyatwr wrote:
<quoted text>once again I am calling you out on this, If you want to pay more in taxes, write them a check now and prove it. You go on about wanting to, there is nothing stopping you now, write the check and send it in. Otherwise STFU about "wanting" to pay more.
First off, your tone is out of line - if you want to have a serious conversation you don't do it by telling someone to "stfu". All that kind of talk does is invite similar incivility. Secondly, I'll gladly pay more IF it helps our nation. One middle-income person volunteering to pay more will have zero effect on our nation - EVERYONE paying more will help right our nation's economic woes and I'm happy to be a part of that. What about you?
Carl

Chicago, IL

#10 Nov 12, 2012
ok hot rod. Bailouts were loans(investments) but besides that how else would banks be able to lend money so that people can access credit to build things and meet their payrools? Without a loan(investment) to auto companies more people would be out of work and we would spend even more money on welfare, I'd rather spend money to help them save their jobs rather then spend money on their welfare because they can't work. When the private sector isn't spending because their isn't demand in the economy because a buble burst, consumers are either saving their money or have too much debt to spend who else has the resources to get money flowing through the economy and create demand so that companies can stil make things? we the people(aka the government). Guess what doesn't do that. Tax cuts. Guess what would prevent us from raising revenue to continute to invest in theings to get the economy going? Tax cuts. Return to Clinton year rates. Private sector will be sitting on two trillion dollars in cash and not hiring people. Guess what will give them an inncentive to hire people? Investments. Spending. Why do you think corporations are scared to death that we won't reach a debt agreement? Automatic spending cuts. Wait a minute? I thought spending was the end of America why would priviate corporations be terrified that we are going quit spending money? Oh yeah it adds demand to the economy so they can build things and make money. Guess what wont' do that? Tax cuts. What are they going to do? use those tax savings to hire pepole to stand around and not do anything becaus there is no demand to build anything?

Level 1

Tucker, GA

#11 Nov 12, 2012
Carl wrote:
Some excellent questions Carl.:)
Carl

Chicago, IL

#12 Nov 12, 2012
By the way the bank bailouts started under Bush. Now you peole want to roll back regulations that are in place to prevent an environment of fraud and carelessness where a bailout would again be necessary
<3

Owensboro, KY

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Carl wrote:
I think I just fell in love with you.
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#14 Nov 12, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, your tone is out of line - if you want to have a serious conversation you don't do it by telling someone to "stfu". All that kind of talk does is invite similar incivility. Secondly, I'll gladly pay more IF it helps our nation. One middle-income person volunteering to pay more will have zero effect on our nation - EVERYONE paying more will help right our nation's economic woes and I'm happy to be a part of that. What about you?
tone?, If you won't send in the check, then you don't want to pay more. You want other people to pay more, at least be honest. I am sick and tired of you libs thinking you are noble in volunteering to pay more, but you never put your money where your mouth is.
this is not the first time I called you out on that. Either send in the check and challenge others to join you, or stfu about "wanting" to pay more.

Level 1

Tucker, GA

#15 Nov 12, 2012
65rolyatwr wrote:
<quoted text>tone?, If you won't send in the check, then you don't want to pay more. You want other people to pay more, at least be honest. I am sick and tired of you libs thinking you are noble in volunteering to pay more, but you never put your money where your mouth is.
this is not the first time I called you out on that. Either send in the check and challenge others to join you, or stfu about "wanting" to pay more.
confused

Tucker, GA

#16 Nov 12, 2012
Really wrote:
Romney was going to give the millionaires a break and tax the s--t out of those struggling to make ends meet. People will always find something to complain about.
Castle

Owensboro, KY

#17 Nov 12, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why of course, let's hand over all of our money. They have done such a bang up job of balancing the budget and stopping the waste that we should all trust them with more of our money to invest in companies like solyndra, more money for planned parenthood do we can keep those abortions coming, we should just let Obama have our paychecks and then he can give us an allowance .
Level 4

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#18 Nov 12, 2012
Really wrote:
People making $250,000+ a year probably ARE millionaires.

I'm only in my twenties and my total savings/investments/home equity is more than 4x my yearly income. That's even easier for people making $250,000+.
65rolyatwr

Denver, CO

#19 Nov 12, 2012
rwtaylor56 wrote:
<quoted text>
so thats a "no"? figured as much, so quit offering to pay more as you don't mean it. if you and all the other liberal do-gooders would put their money where there mouth is, you could pay off the debt!

paying more taxes will have zero effect on helping the economic woes. Higher taxes means less economic activity which means less money to the treasury. The answer is less spending.

Level 1

Tucker, GA

#20 Nov 12, 2012
Castle wrote:
<quoted text>Why of course, let's hand over all of our money. They have done such a bang up job of balancing the budget and stopping the waste that we should all trust them with more of our money to invest in companies like solyndra, more money for planned parenthood do we can keep those abortions coming, we should just let Obama have our paychecks and then he can give us an allowance .
You're exaggerations are way off - he's simply asking the wealthiest Americans to pay just a little bit more. In exchange, he's expressed a willingness to make substantial changes to government programs to get our budget under control. Gross Exaggerations aren't helpful to the discussion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Jimmie Bennett 1 hr Sunnydays 1
Hillary's numbers are dropping. Trump up 10 points 1 hr Dubbya 2
Jennifer Shru Lindsey 3 hr NotAfan 2
Terri payne 3 hr Jay D 2
LGBT gettogether 3 hr Bro dave 13
Friends ... 3 hr Thetruth 9
Symphony Anthony kussman 4 hr Bob 10

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance