Curious

Tell City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Can someone please tell me anything they know about Twin Rivers nursing home. Would you recommend it for your loved one?
CNA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Curious wrote:
Can someone please tell me anything they know about Twin Rivers nursing home. Would you recommend it for your loved one?
I have worked at many nursing homes and I don't recommend any of them. They are always understaffed and are not getting the care an individual should get. As much money and poor care put into sending a loved one to a nursing home, you could call a company such as Comfort Keepers to have someone take care of them in their own home. This eliminates heart aches and culture shock and the poor care the loved one would be receiving.
Cna also

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

U can always go and talk to the admissions and take a tour of the building and find out for urself instead of takin someone's else's word, I have worked in several nursing homes in owensboro and not all are the same, some r definitely better than others and Twin Rivers is better now than it was when it was Bon Harbor
Seriously

Gurley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2014

Well she's not director anymore so maybe you should know what your talking about before you write. But personally no I wouldn't put my family there. I would recommend hermitage or hillcrest personally!
Ridiculous

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2014

I just love getting on Facebook and seeing someone post about current employees and their husband pill addiction. I'm very concerned as my family member is taken care of at the facility thank god my family member is being discharged home soon. I have heard to many rumors for to long of the drug usage of the employees that work there. The administrator needs to do drug tests on all employees due to all these rumors. I don't even understand why nothing is being done!
hmm

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Ridiculous wrote:
I just love getting on Facebook and seeing someone post about current employees and their husband pill addiction. I'm very concerned as my family member is taken care of at the facility thank god my family member is being discharged home soon. I have heard to many rumors for to long of the drug usage of the employees that work there. The administrator needs to do drug tests on all employees due to all these rumors. I don't even understand why nothing is being done!
You should have bought a nanny cam. They are under 200. Best investment.
Agree

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Yes I definitely should have invested in one of those. Probably very worth the money.
wow

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

I have family at twin rivers and he is taken care of very well. Obviously the above posts are from past, disgruntled employees that probably got fired. It is not the prettiest place in town but we have had him in all others in oboro except carmel home, and he is happier and better taken care of than anywhere else he has been. The staff work hard and are very sweet to him. I have made visits at all hours and have always found him clean and happy. People will talk negative about places because of whatever reason...usually its a personal thing or conflict with one particular person. Everyone there works hard and knows what they are doing. I am 100% satisfied and have been for 2 years. They do not deserve the negative talk. As far as drug use...I don't know about that but no one appears to be impaired or unable to function. Every place has their problems...I'm sure the ones that post crap are part of those problems. Keep movin on...we don't want u back at twin rivers.
seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Lol that place is a joke all you have to do is look & see how works there!
Problem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2014

I love how people automatically think the negative comments are just from cnas that have been fired or don't work there anymore. Did it ever occur to people that actually that place isn't a great place to work. I know all nursing homes have their drama and problems but twin rivers is by far the worse. When state comes in and needs to question staff about certain complaints the cnas are called in and actually told to pretty much lie to state. I don't see how certain people are even able to work there! They need to do an all around drug test on every employee that way nobody is being singled out. Bet they would be surprised by their staffs results. Favoritism is awful in that place.
wrong info

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

People are stupid and naive to think that these things are true. I happen to know more than the avg employee. Kust because you have worked there or do work there doesn't mean you have a clue what's going on with people or what has or has not been done. Jus cause you lost your job there you want to talk crap about the place. All I know is staff are the cause of drama. People should do what they r hired to do or they should be fired. I think its a great place, I did not get fired from there though. I left cause I moved. I would go back in a second. Great people. Great nursing home. I was never in any clicks...I clocked in, did my job and left. More people should do the same. If you wanna run your mouth, you're only hurting the residents there. Let it go. Sounds like yhe biggest trouble makers are already gone. Thank goodness
Blah

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2014

@ wrong info...I agree she stirred shit all the time. Hope it does calm down the residents deserve it. Who wants that much drama in their home?
idgaf

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2014

twin rivers is a joke and so are ALL the people that work there...js
Jokes on you

Horse Branch, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2014

idgaf wrote:
The emplyees at Trin Rivers are VERY dedicated and hard working.. The care provided there is done with compayion. They treat their patients as family!!! IDGAF sorry you lost your job but I'm sure it was for the best.Twin Rivers don't need people like you taking care of their family!!!!!
hahahaha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

idgaf wrote:
Yep they are just ask Justin about his affair with a married woman. Heard she was easy anyways. Then the administrator sucks donkey a@@ I would stay far away from there
james pate

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

did he get fired for his drug use or because they found out about him doing things to kids when he was a teenager
Stranger

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Crystal Latham works there. She smokes dope and cheats on her "baby daddy". What a joke. I'd never take my loved one there.
Concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Twin Rivers is god awful!! That place is horrible...please do not take your loved ones there!!!
Ridiculous

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Stranger wrote:
Crystal Latham works there. She smokes dope and cheats on her "baby daddy". What a joke. I'd never take my loved one there.

Well shows how much you know. I spoke with her yesterday and she doesn't work there anymore so get your facts straight before you run your mouth and her love life has nothing to do with her job or her work ethics. Worry about your own pathetic life instead the life's of others. But maybe that's why you are so focused on someone else's life because yours sucks so bad! Your pathetic!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Adam Steward 15 min Curious 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 18 min pres.oboma 1,033
Haunted Longfellow School? (Jan '13) 21 min K-N-K 30
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Curmudgeon 146,798
thugs are outdated 23 min really? 5
Herman woodmore 1 hr hhh 3
cody wedding (Jan '12) 1 hr LOL 27
Who got stabbed at Motel 6 8 hr slap Nuts 15
•••
•••
•••
Owensboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Owensboro Jobs