Jane

Richmond, KY

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Has anyone bought the lean1 tub from there? Did it help with any weight loss and how much did it cost? I'm thinking about getting a tub from there.
too bad

Earlington, KY

#2 Jan 21, 2013
They closed that place down. I miss it :/
Psh

Tucker, GA

#3 Jan 21, 2013
That place sucked it earned exactly what it was worth. Nothing! How can you possibly make a nasty fruit smoothie? It's almost impossible yet they somehow managed.
Jane

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 21, 2013
Well damn, now I have to find another place to get the tub.
dubya

Cadiz, KY

#5 Jan 22, 2013
As a former employee at SK, you think OUR smoothies are nasty? Tough cookies there, big chief :,((that's sarcastic crying)
We used fresh fruit, religiously kept dates of how many days they had been in play & never sold any past due. If fresh fruit then quality fruit concentrate.

If you're not used to the taste and quality of real produce please do not bash other establishments who do have some sort of taste.
Psh

Tucker, GA

#6 Jan 22, 2013
So what's your excuse for closing then? I make better smoothies with last nights leftovers. The product is what determines whether a business stays open. It wasn't good enough. It's that simple.
Suppo

Owensboro, KY

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Psh wrote:
So what's your excuse for closing then? I make better smoothies with last nights leftovers. The product is what determines whether a business stays open. It wasn't good enough. It's that simple.
Actually, they closed because the owners have an autistic son and they've been wanting to retire and move to Florida for a while now.
It has nothing to do with how business was. Nice try though.
MD

United States

#8 Jan 22, 2013
I loved that place. Sucks that they closed.
yeayea

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 22, 2013
Loved smoothie king!!!:(
dubya

Tucker, GA

#10 Jan 22, 2013
They closed because business on the 54 side isn't especially regular. Plus the folk who roll through there aren't that much health oriented if 'y'all' catch my drift. Didn't help that it was half hidden away in the strip.
Had it been on frederica, which is more sociable, it would have flourished. Sadly that's the only part of town that seems to have steady flow.
Jane

Hopkinsville, KY

#11 Jan 22, 2013
dubya wrote:
They closed because business on the 54 side isn't especially regular. Plus the folk who roll through there aren't that much health oriented if 'y'all' catch my drift. Didn't help that it was half hidden away in the strip.
Had it been on frederica, which is more sociable, it would have flourished. Sadly that's the only part of town that seems to have steady flow.
I agree, I'm always going down 54 and never saw it. I didn't even know we had one until a few days ago. Then it close down, just my luck.): lol.
Rocky n Bullwinkle

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Suppo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they closed because the owners have an autistic son and they've been wanting to retire and move to Florida for a while now.
It has nothing to do with how business was. Nice try though.
If they were smart enough to run the business they would be smart enough to sell it if it was profitable instead of shutting it down. I'm not disputing that they may be retiring and moving to Florida. However, they would have sold it to another franchisee / investor before they would have just shut it down. That place sucked is why it closed. If anyone misses it i will gladly poop in a glass for $5, about the same thing except they would charge you $8
Rocky n Bullwinkle

Owensboro, KY

#13 Jan 23, 2013
Jane wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I'm always going down 54 and never saw it. I didn't even know we had one until a few days ago. Then it close down, just my luck.): lol.
and Jane needs the calories. She gets pounded like pound cake. LMAO
Jane

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 Jan 23, 2013
Rocky n Bullwinkle wrote:
<quoted text>
and Jane needs the calories. She gets pounded like pound cake. LMAO
lmao
really?

United States

#15 Jan 23, 2013
That place was amazing. Anyone who doesn't like fresh, healthy fruits all blended up in a blender is fcking crazy. Or you're fat.. Sorry smoothie king doesn't blend cheeseburgers and fries. Just saying.
dubya

Cadiz, KY

#16 Jan 23, 2013
I think they were hoping it might bring a lure a little bit more classy owensboro people to 54 and to expand the city so that frederica wasn't the main cluster f!#%.
Unfortunately this wasn't the case...
As for not selling it to a local business owner who could have kept it open, that would have been a fantastic idea! But wait! Have you ever run a business of your own? Thought so. They could have sold it and kept it open but that probably would have taken a while. Selling the equipment to another store in another city probably allowed them to write it off for tax reasons and not have to pay a load of money for 2013.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stalking 36 min Wow 7
Courtney at bdubs 36 min Wow 2
Barbarossa mc 39 min Wow 8
Roger Mcfarland 41 min Tabitha 4
Tommy kyle 41 min Blue eyes 5
Iron order mc vs real club (Mar '13) 1 hr Barbarossa mc pro... 266
Laura Embry Gillihan Donald Gallimore 1 hr Laura 26

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance