Catholic School House Raffle - WHY ???

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHY

Paducah, KY

#1 Dec 26, 2012
Why can't you offer a more reasonable home. 125,000 - 135,000 home some where on the east side of town. The winner's tax, yearly property tax, home owners insurance, home owners fees are so outrageous on the $215,000 home that Catholic Schools Raffle is really discrimination and joke to the general public. If you want to offer a free home to the RICH thru donations then do so. But don't call it a raffle. So much for church values ???
Because

Owensboro, KY

#2 Dec 26, 2012
I Think it was the builders choice
Well

Paducah, KY

#3 Dec 26, 2012
The builder should have used better judgement. Two houses could have been built.
Lol

Princeton, KY

#4 Dec 26, 2012
WHY wrote:
Why can't you offer a more reasonable home. 125,000 - 135,000 home some where on the east side of town. The winner's tax, yearly property tax, home owners insurance, home owners fees are so outrageous on the $215,000 home that Catholic Schools Raffle is really discrimination and joke to the general public. If you want to offer a free home to the RICH thru donations then do so. But don't call it a raffle. So much for church values ???
I don't think they would sell as many tickets if it were a $125,000 home. They will sell a lot of tickets because Martin built the home and Lake Forest is a nice neighborhood. You are correct about the taxes being high. The winner will pay around $70,000 in taxes.
Wrong

Paducah, KY

#5 Dec 26, 2012
I would buy a ticket if it were a lower value home. And I would think the winner would have a hard time selling it if the taxes,etc were too much for them after a few years.
dontforget

Paducah, KY

#6 Dec 26, 2012
Yearly property taxes would be around $2500+
seriously people

Owensboro, KY

#7 Dec 26, 2012
It's a raffle and there is a prize... You want a chance to win it and willing to fork out $100 bill for it, then please don't bitch about the taxes on a FREE Brand NEW home worth over $250,000!!!! If you don't wanna pay it then I'm sure there are plenty of people you could give it to if you played and won. At least your contribution is tax deductible:)
curious

Princeton, KY

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Don't you have to pay the taxes before you get the home??
bjf

Owensboro, KY

#9 Dec 28, 2012
curious wrote:
Don't you have to pay the taxes before you get the home??
Yes
bjf

Owensboro, KY

#10 Dec 28, 2012
seriously people wrote:
It's a raffle and there is a prize... You want a chance to win it and willing to fork out $100 bill for it, then please don't bitch about the taxes on a FREE Brand NEW home worth over $250,000!!!! If you don't wanna pay it then I'm sure there are plenty of people you could give it to if you played and won. At least your contribution is tax deductible:)
Go bite a dick!! You sound pissed?
canU

Princeton, KY

#11 Dec 28, 2012
Get a cash prize instead of the house?? Some raffles offer that.
Poor

Henderson, KY

#12 Dec 29, 2012
It's the smallest home on the street. You will be laughed at. I wonder why they did that. The colors in the home make it ugly. Puke greenish and brownish walls with whiteish carpet. Did the businesses donate what others would not buy? If you drive down the street a little and see the model home on the right and across the street there is a redish brick home with black shutters/white trim that is already sold. It is a million times prettier and classier. This raffle home is SAD :(
truth

United States

#13 Dec 29, 2012
Poor wrote:
It's the smallest home on the street. You will be laughed at. I wonder why they did that. The colors in the home make it ugly. Puke greenish and brownish walls with whiteish carpet. Did the businesses donate what others would not buy? If you drive down the street a little and see the model home on the right and across the street there is a redish brick home with black shutters/white trim that is already sold. It is a million times prettier and classier. This raffle home is SAD :(
I bought a ticket. I'll take a $215,000 house for $80,000 any day.
blah

Owensboro, KY

#14 Dec 29, 2012
It's probably rigged anyway, so why waste your money?
bjf

Owensboro, KY

#15 Dec 29, 2012
blah wrote:
It's probably rigged anyway, so why waste your money?
True
seriously people

Owensboro, KY

#17 Dec 30, 2012
bjf wrote:
<quoted text>Go bite a dick!! You sound pissed?
I'm not pissed just simply amazed at the dumbass dicks on here like you bitchin bout a raffle for a school. Nobody cares what you ass thinks anyways... I'd tell you to go bite a dick but you'd be the type to complain on topic about it afterwards, lol

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

United States

#18 Dec 30, 2012
First of all, no one would buy a raffle for a mediocre house in a mediocre neighborhood worth 125k. The east end is booming right now and that's where everyone wants to be. Second, it has nothing to do with church values. They are raising money to help offset tuition costs. Think about it this way. If you could buy a raffle ticket to with a Chevy cavalier or a Chevy corvette and the ticket prices were the same, wouldn't you go for the corvette?

Level 2

Since: Jul 12

United States

#19 Dec 30, 2012
Wait....where is the house this year? Last year it was in the heartlands. I think I got the location wrong buy either way the concept is the same.
lake forrest

Princeton, KY

#20 Dec 30, 2012
Green Eyed Lover wrote:
Wait....where is the house this year? Last year it was in the heartlands. I think I got the location wrong buy either way the concept is the same.
The house is in Lake Forrest.
Real

Henderson, KY

#21 Dec 30, 2012
Green Eyed Lover wrote:
First of all, no one would buy a raffle for a mediocre house in a mediocre neighborhood worth 125k. The east end is booming right now and that's where everyone wants to be. Second, it has nothing to do with church values. They are raising money to help offset tuition costs. Think about it this way. If you could buy a raffle ticket to with a Chevy cavalier or a Chevy corvette and the ticket prices were the same, wouldn't you go for the corvette?
I would much rather have a 125k house in the heartlands or anywhere on 54 than an over the top house that will have to be sold like that Extreme Home Makeover Mattingly family who can't afford and is selling. Are you stupid or what ? The difference between a public and a church school is chuch values are taught in a church school. A corvette only seats two and a cavalier would also be a better option. As stated in the 1st post. I also think this raffle is for the rich.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone want to hookup 34 min Curious 4
Single lesbians (Mar '12) 1 hr Sarah T 106
hawk of barbarossa 1 hr good riddance scum 2
shane stallings. (Oct '11) 1 hr Dude 31
lamont jackson 1 hr exgirl 13
Why would a woman use Epsom salt 1 hr Summit 9
A guy walks into a bar 1 hr Pearl 10
More from around the web

Owensboro People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE