concerned mother

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

One of my fiance's relatives have just threatened to call social services on us if my daughter isn't back home by Monday. She's been staying over at my aunt's house while I'm in training/class to get my CNA (nurse aide license). I'm a young mother, my daughter is ten months old. Basically, his family is mad because they are totally against our daughter being gone for so long (it's been a month exactly). But I feel like this: it isn't any of their business because she's NOT their kid! I guess my question is, is it illegal for us to let our daughter stay with my aunt for so long? My aunt lives roughly 2 hrs away.
hahaha

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Not illegal but makes you look bad slu*
ummm

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Why can't u go to class and raise your child at the same time? Many other mothers do it.
A Mom

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

No, it is not illegal, as long as your aunt consented to keep her, you keep in contact at least by phone, your aunt is fully capable of caring for her, does not neglect or abuse her, her home is clean and safe, and there are no child molesters or child abusers that she is exposed to. Good for you for doing something to better your future and hers too! If I'm right, CNA classes only last six weeks, so you should only have two weeks left. I don't think you'll have a problem at all.
loli pop

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

concerned mother wrote:
One of my fiance's relatives have just threatened to call social services on us if my daughter isn't back home by Monday. She's been staying over at my aunt's house while I'm in training/class to get my CNA (nurse aide license). I'm a young mother, my daughter is ten months old. Basically, his family is mad because they are totally against our daughter being gone for so long (it's been a month exactly). But I feel like this: it isn't any of their business because she's NOT their kid! I guess my question is, is it illegal for us to let our daughter stay with my aunt for so long? My aunt lives roughly 2 hrs away.
There is no way I would leave a 10 month old for that long. You're it's mother shame on you! I have been a single mom of 3 kids and went to college and worked and took care of my kids! I don't work now but done it for the past 10 years... You are missing so much bonding time and learning time! I don't get it if you can't handle being a mom cause being a mom is taking care of the kid before anything that means yourself!!!!!!!!! You shouldn't of became one! You make me sick
hahaha

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

By saying youre a "young mother" is that implying it should be ok to pawn your child off?
lol

Mortons Gap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

concerned mother wrote:
It's not illegal but why don't you just let the baby stay with them if they are missing her so much?
lol

Mortons Gap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

concerned mother wrote:
And I would never leave my child with someone else for that long.
truth

Calhoun, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

If I'm not mistaken cna classes are only once a week.
hmmm

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Girl dnt worry abt what none of these idiots on here are saying. ITS NOT THEIR BUSINESS HOW LONG U LET UR DAUGHTER STAY WITH UR AUNT! PERIOD! U DO WHATS BEST FOR U AND ONLY U KNOW WHAT THAT IS! SOCIAL SERVICES NEED TO SHUT DOWN ANYWAY! THEY DNT PROTECT FAMILIES, THEY DESTROY FAMILIES!
SWKR

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

Judged:

It is not against the law. If she is 2 hours away, it would be responsible to give them medical guardianship so they could get her medical treatment if necessary. People make calls to DCBS everyday & yes all are recorded but not all are looked into. While some may believe this mom is not a good mom because she's leaving her child for this long, think about the ones who make no arrangements for their children. If the reason is true, then she should be commended for trying to better herself. If she was living off the government you guys would be bashing her for that. Either way you wouldn't have anything nice to say. Morality opinions do not equal crimes or a need for social service involvement.
Okay

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

It's not worry to call, on the mother, if the mother is laying down, and taking pills, and drinking all the time. That is the on who needs their kids gone, from them. O by the way and let a kid get pregnant in their home. O cares for one kids and not the other kid. O if u call on that mother she will have her kids lie for her.
Ace

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

hmmm wrote:
Girl dnt worry abt what none of these idiots on here are saying. ITS NOT THEIR BUSINESS HOW LONG U LET UR DAUGHTER STAY WITH UR AUNT! PERIOD! U DO WHATS BEST FOR U AND ONLY U KNOW WHAT THAT IS! SOCIAL SERVICES NEED TO SHUT DOWN ANYWAY! THEY DNT PROTECT FAMILIES, THEY DESTROY FAMILIES!
The only people who say this are the parents who couldn't act like a parent should and lost custody of the kids bc dcbs felt that the child's basic needs weren't being met. You know parents who have a joint in one hand, a baby in the other. How about abusive parents, or parents who know the child is being sexually abused but don't want to believe that re person they love is hurting the child.
truth

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2013

hmmm wrote:
Probably had your kid removed. Social workers spend many many underpaid hours trying to protect children and help families. I've had DCBS in my home to help with my kid and his defiance. She was amazing, honest, blunt, and straight forward!!
Do you know

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
The only people who say this are the parents who couldn't act like a parent should and lost custody of the kids bc dcbs felt that the child's basic needs weren't being met. You know parents who have a joint in one hand, a baby in the other. How about abusive parents, or parents who know the child is being sexually abused but don't want to believe that re person they love is hurting the child.
. Do you know that social services look up your work, or if you have on before they come out. They are out for money. The ppl who needs their kids away from them is like drugs heads and and they drink all the time. O I forgot the ones who don't care for them but the money they get from their fathers.
truth

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

Do you know wrote:
<quoted text>. Do you know that social services look up your work, or if you have on before they come out. They are out for money. The ppl who needs their kids away from them is like drugs heads and and they drink all the time. O I forgot the ones who don't care for them but the money they get from their fathers.
You have no idea lol. Social workers don't make any money!! It's public record look it up!!

Level 4

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2013

So after you get your CNA license are you going to leave your child with your aunt while you work too? If you can't handle having the child while you are in school for a few weeks how in the hell are you going to handle the child while you work 40+ hours a week? I commend you for going back to school but I can not fathom why you can not have your child with you during this time?
Do you know

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea lol. Social workers don't make any money!! It's public record look it up!!
. Okay you are wrong. About social services , us tax payers, pay for them to have a JOB there . So if they take the kids away from the parents that do drugs and drink all the time. The social services are doing their JOB, but you will see a rapes have their kids. This that fair to this parent h*ll no. So social worker get off your bu*ts and do it. Like parents do drugs and drinks all the time.
huh

Calhoun, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Do you know wrote:
<quoted text>. Okay you are wrong. About social services , us tax payers, pay for them to have a JOB there . So if they take the kids away from the parents that do drugs and drink all the time. The social services are doing their JOB, but you will see a rapes have their kids. This that fair to this parent h*ll no. So social worker get off your bu*ts and do it. Like parents do drugs and drinks all the time.
I honestly did not understand anything you just said!
truth

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2013

Do you know wrote:
<quoted text>. Okay you are wrong. About social services , us tax payers, pay for them to have a JOB there . So if they take the kids away from the parents that do drugs and drink all the time. The social services are doing their JOB, but you will see a rapes have their kids. This that fair to this parent h*ll no. So social worker get off your bu*ts and do it. Like parents do drugs and drinks all the time.
Are you drunk or just stupid?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
I, Haley Machen, want to eat out my stepmom and... 5 min amazingwoman 8
jessica no friend english 33 min Balls 3
nick c.& Amanda 35 min Balls 8
It is illegal for employers to tell employees t... 36 min Balls 6
why did Samantha F.get fired from burger king o... 37 min know 7
pregnant or no 39 min Balls 2
Joan siljander 43 min Balls 4
Who got stabbed at Motel 6 48 min Balls 13