Dating out of your league

Posted in the Owensboro Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
name

Owensboro, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2012
Does it go well? I wanna be with someone that I know is too good for me. They seem to like me anyway but I don't know if it's a good idea or if I should pass and find someone else.
Old School

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2012
name wrote:
Does it go well? I wanna be with someone that I know is too good for me. They seem to like me anyway but I don't know if it's a good idea or if I should pass and find someone else.
Out of your league in what? Looks? Looks ain't everything. I'd rather date a girl with good looks and a great attitude than a smoking hot girl with a $hitty attitude. The total package should be more of a concern to you. I didn't "get it" till my 30's.

“Tempermental Redhead!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 19, 2012
I thought the league thing ended once out of high school... If two people enjoy one another and want to date, then date! If the two of you happen to fall in love while dating, even better!! I'd say go for it. Don't sell yourself short.

I have an amazing boyfriend that's not the best looking man but, he treats me so well. I am very spoiled. I wouldn't give him up for a man that was built and had wash board abs. We are very happy together. Even with our differences and our attitudes!

Don't ever think someone is better than you in any way. You're you for a reason. Love yourself!
name

Owensboro, KY

#4 Nov 19, 2012
Old School wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of your league in what? Looks? Looks ain't everything. I'd rather date a girl with good looks and a great attitude than a smoking hot girl with a $hitty attitude. The total package should be more of a concern to you. I didn't "get it" till my 30's.
It's the total package. They're really hot but its more that they have a good heart and I can be so selfish and cynical. I've been with people who use and abuse and don't care but this person would never hurt me on purpose. Should I stay away so I don't risk hurting them or take my chances on an angel I probably don't deserve?
hmmmm

Princeton, KY

#5 Nov 19, 2012
name wrote:
<quoted text>It's the total package. They're really hot but its more that they have a good heart and I can be so selfish and cynical. I've been with people who use and abuse and don't care but this person would never hurt me on purpose. Should I stay away so I don't risk hurting them or take my chances on an angel I probably don't deserve?
First, you need to feel worthy of good things. I think love is transforming. You are aware of your character defects. This is the first step to changing. Be honest about your reservations. Good luck.
Old School

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2012
name wrote:
<quoted text>It's the total package. They're really hot but its more that they have a good heart and I can be so selfish and cynical. I've been with people who use and abuse and don't care but this person would never hurt me on purpose. Should I stay away so I don't risk hurting them or take my chances on an angel I probably don't deserve?
Take a chance on the angel. And what makes you think you don't deserve her? Maybe she doesn't deserve you.
How

Owensboro, KY

#7 Nov 19, 2012
name wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the total package. They're really hot but its more that they have a good heart and I can be so selfish and cynical. I've been with people who use and abuse and don't care but this person would never hurt me on purpose. Should I stay away so I don't risk hurting them or take my chances on an angel I probably don't deserve?
just treat her good u say shes an angel maybe shes what u need to bring the best out of u and treat her good if u catch yourself not treating her as she deserves walk away so she can find someone.to treat her good until then just treat her like the angel she is who knows she may be waht you need to bring the angel out of u give youself a chance
How

Owensboro, KY

#8 Nov 19, 2012
How wrote:
<quoted text>just treat her good u say shes an angel maybe shes what u need to bring the best out of u and treat her good if u catch yourself not treating her as she deserves walk away so she can find someone.to treat her good until then just treat her like the angel she is who knows she may be waht you need to bring the angel out of u give youself a chance
and u said uve been with people who use and abuse well.now u deserve someone good so definately go for it
name

Owensboro, KY

#9 Nov 19, 2012
There aren't many people like this left. You find really nice ones or really hot ones but not ones who are both at the same time. I guess I'll go for it and try not to screw it up and pray they don't wake up in a week and think what the hell they're doing with someone like me.
right

Henderson, KY

#10 Nov 19, 2012
Treat her right or tell her ur not interested. If u screw her over and lose her, ur friends will never let u forget it and u will never forgive urself.
Why

Owensboro, KY

#11 Nov 19, 2012
right wrote:
Treat her right or tell her ur not interested. If u screw her over and lose her, ur friends will never let u forget it and u will never forgive urself.
true but it sounds lije youve (the origibal poster) been treated bad yourself so as long as you always remember that shes not like the other girls and dont take what they did to u out on her and treat her good then u should be fine stop letting those othet girls bring u dowm and concentrate on the good one in front of u

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 20, 2012
name wrote:
If she's as great as you say, she probably has people telling her she's too good for you but she's ignoring them anyway. Maybe she sees past the surface and enjoys your company. If you can win someone over with your personality, you've got a leg up on all the better looking nice guys should could be dating instead. She's willing to take a chance on a guy who thinks he doesn't deserve her so I agree you should take a chance on her too. Besides...opposites attract. She may be just what you need to bring out the best in yourself. Treat her like an angel deserves to be treated and everything should go just fine.

“Sexy is as Sexy does”

Level 4

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2012
right wrote:
This is true. I lost someone recently that would of gave me the world but my 'man hating attitude' and afraid of that commitment pushed him right in the arms of another. That stings a great deal.
Yoshiyuki

Owensboro, KY

#14 Nov 20, 2012
There is no such thing as "leagues" anybody can have game haven't you seen those homely tooth rotten scrubs with them fine azz chicks. That's cuz they have that silver tongue in between them rotten azz teeth lmao

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#15 Nov 20, 2012
Yoshiyuki wrote:
There is no such thing as "leagues" anybody can have game haven't you seen those homely tooth rotten scrubs with them fine azz chicks. That's cuz they have that silver tongue in between them rotten azz teeth lmao
Is that why we see doctors and lawyers dating Walmart cashiers all the time?

Since: Feb 12

Duluth, GA

#16 Nov 20, 2012
SexxxxyBish75 wrote:
<quoted text>This is true. I lost someone recently that would of gave me the world but my 'man hating attitude' and afraid of that commitment pushed him right in the arms of another. That stings a great deal.
Doesn't sound like you are quite over him yet.
lol

Clifty, KY

#17 Nov 20, 2012
i tried to dtae this one girl n she said she was out of my league n want a hotter ne sexy bad boy well i guess she got what she wanted from jail n all and 2 kids that he dont want or will take care of n then she lost them n now she has came around wantin to go out . like that goin to happen
lol

Clifty, KY

#18 Nov 20, 2012
sorry date keys r to small
lol

Owensboro, KY

#19 Nov 20, 2012
SexxxxyBish75 wrote:
<quoted text>This is true. I lost someone recently that would of gave me the world but my 'man hating attitude' and afraid of that commitment pushed him right in the arms of another. That stings a great deal.
Thanks for giving me Green Skulls :)

“Sexy is as Sexy does”

Level 4

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 20, 2012
GreenSkulls wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't sound like you are quite over him yet.
He was a good man. Known him all my life, I wasn't ready for what he wanted. Just out of a marriage an he wasn't willing to wait it out. Make any sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Find yourself a single man 9 min what 11
Tasha Shreve 20 min wayne l 16
Magan put in jail feb 28th 55 min Pvhim 10
looking for a girl named kelly (Sep '13) 57 min Buddyrow 9
Greg McGee 1 hr Tattoo 16
Tommy Alvey 1 hr Tattoo 1
Josh story pos 1 hr truth 17
Dr. Randall King 4 hr good doctor 16

Flood Watch for Daviess County was issued at March 03 at 4:13PM EST

Owensboro Dating