United States

#1 Feb 16, 2012
Looking to try different things!

Since: Nov 11

Wild Blue Yonder

#2 Feb 16, 2012
http://crockingirls.com/

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

Both of those sites have a wealth of delicious crockpot recipes.
tuesdaysgone

United States

#3 Feb 16, 2012
CastleOnACloud wrote:

thank you so much!
hmmmm

Washington, DC

#4 Feb 16, 2012
Try some baking soda, a little cocaine and bam! Black mans gold!

“Think outside the box”

Since: Jan 12

Anytown, USA

#5 Feb 16, 2012
Crock kills. Sorry, had to.

Level 1

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#6 Feb 17, 2012
CastleOnACloud wrote:
She's talking about crock pot not one pot meth labs like you're thinking trailer trash.
Jeremy

United States

#7 Nov 29, 2012
I like using used c0ndoms, even having a guy jack on my d!ck then rub one out. Even jacked on a guys d!ck b4 and let him s(rew me with my own come for lube
yay

New York, NY

#8 Nov 29, 2012
Frozen chicken breasts and a whole bottle of sweet baby rays BBQ sauce. Let it cook on high 4 hours and its the best BBQ you will ever have.
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#9 Nov 29, 2012
4 chicken breasts
1 large jar black bean and corn salsa
1 packet taco seasoning
Let it cook till it's tender, shred it with a fork, cook 20 more minutes, and if you like sour cream you can add some right before you serve it. Serve on tortillas. Best chicken tacos ever, and I don't even like salsa at all. And super easy. 4 chicken breasts makes about two and a half meals for my family of five with this recipe. It's really a LOT of food!
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#10 Nov 29, 2012
Beef Stroganoff

2 lb beef stew meat
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms
1 chopped onion
1 tsp mustard
1 tbs worshtersihre (sp?) sauce
Salt & pepper
Cook until beef is tender, add 6 oz sour cream and 4 oz cream cheese, stir till sauce is smooth.

Wild Blue Yonder

#12 Nov 30, 2012
A Mom wrote:
Beef Stroganoff
2 lb beef stew meat
1 can golden mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms
1 chopped onion
1 tsp mustard
1 tbs worshtersihre (sp?) sauce
Salt & pepper
Cook until beef is tender, add 6 oz sour cream and 4 oz cream cheese, stir till sauce is smooth.
That's almost exactly like a recipe I tried at the beginning of the year...it was completely inedible. And it stunk to high heaven while it was cooking, too. I promptly pinned it to my board of things NEVER to make again on Pinterest. lol.

This was the recipe I used - http://thecrockstar.blogspot.com/2009/01/abso... .
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#13 Nov 30, 2012
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>That's almost exactly like a recipe I tried at the beginning of the year...it was completely inedible. And it stunk to high heaven while it was cooking, too. I promptly pinned it to my board of things NEVER to make again on Pinterest. lol.

This was the recipe I used - http://thecrockstar.blogspot.com/2009/01/abso... .
Lol that's the same recipe I used, except I altered it a little. And you HAVE to add salt and pepper at the beginning or it will smell terrible. A lot of beef is like that. No clue why. Ours was really good though! Even my little one liked it and he's picky. You should try it again sometime. Maybe the beef was no good?
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#14 Nov 30, 2012
My favorite is Italian beef.

1 pot roast
Salt
Pepper
1 packet Italian dressing mix (the powder kind)
Optional- hot banana peppers if you like it spicy.
Mix the dressing mix with 1 cup of water. Pour over the roast in the crockpot. Add salt and pepper and banana peppers. Let it cook till its really tender. Shred with a fork, stir, let it sit for a minute, and that's it. I serve it as a sandwich on croissants or hot kaiser rolls. It's really good!
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#15 Nov 30, 2012
Vegetable beef soup

1 large can tomato juice
Green beans
Mixed vegetables
Diced tomatoes with green chillies I use two cans, but that makes it spicy so you can just use one if you don't like spicy.
Beef broth
1 or 2 lbs stew meat or hamburger or left over pot roast cut into pieces
Egg noodles
Salt
Pepper
Garlic powder
Onion, flakes or fresh
Pickling spice

Put everything except the pickling spice in the crock pot. If you used hamburger meat you need to brown it first. Otherwise it can go in raw or cooked. Doesn't matter. I also use left over veggies for this. Any time we have vegetables left over from dinner I put them in a container I keep in the freezer and use them for soup. Anyway, after it's in the crockpot with the seasonings, put your pickling spice into a tea ball. You need about 2 tsp of it, give or take. If you don't have a tea ball, put it in a coffee filter and twist it closed and tie it with a twist tie or a string. Make sure the actual seasoning doesn't get into the soup. It's nasty if it does. Put the tea ball or closed coffee filter into the crockpot with the other stuff and let it cook till the meat is tender. Add the egg noodles about 20 minutes before you serve it. This is SO good. Everyone who tries it loves it. It was my Grandma's recipe and she was a chef and really good at it!
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Super easy bbq meatballs
This sounds so nasty. But it's not I promise.
1 jar grape jelly
Equal amount of ketchup
Meatballs
Salt and pepper

You can buy frozen meatballs or make your own. I prefer to make them, but that takes a lot more work. It's good either way. Put the jelly and ketchup in the crock pot. You need to use about the same amount of each. Put some salt and pepper in. You can add a little garlic, onion, peppers, worcestershire sauce, whatever you feel like, but it's good with nothing extra in it too. Stir the sauce as much as you can. The jelly will stay clumpy for a while. That's ok. Add the meatballs and let it cook. Stir before serving to mix the jelly in all the way.

“Sexy is as Sexy does”

Level 4

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Nov 30, 2012
A Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol that's the same recipe I used, except I altered it a little. And you HAVE to add salt and pepper at the beginning or it will smell terrible. A lot of beef is like that. No clue why. Ours was really good though! Even my little one liked it and he's picky. You should try it again sometime. Maybe the beef was no good?
I agree BEEF does stink when cooking. I refuse to eat it LOL I didnt know salt & pepper would make a difference though. I may become a meat eater again ;)
A Mom

Duluth, GA

#18 Nov 30, 2012
SexxxxyBish75 wrote:
<quoted text>I agree BEEF does stink when cooking. I refuse to eat it LOL I didnt know salt & pepper would make a difference though. I may become a meat eater again ;)
it does make a huge difference! You have to add it right away though.
United States

#19 Nov 30, 2012
Castle was probably confused on the recipe. Her and her husband recently separated and one of her friends gave out her info on topix. I feel sorry for the kids honestly, tho she's always been a "go fix it yourself I'm on the internet" kind of mother.

Wild Blue Yonder

#20 Nov 30, 2012
Ahhh, yes. Screwing up and misreading very simple recipes; happens ALL the time to people who are best known for the scrumptious food they make.

As for the beef stroganoff...my ex was adamant that it should ONLY have a sour cream base, not cream cheese. I didn't grow up eating beef stroganoff so I let him - the expert stroganoff taster - tell me where it went all wrong.:) The comments on my 'pin' said basically the same thing. That it was fine, when they tasted it prior to the cream cheese you add at the end, but after that, they couldn't eat it, either. I usually season all my meat with salt & pepper. It's habit. For pretty much everything but hot dogs. lol.:)

Wild Blue Yonder

#21 Nov 30, 2012
I have 2 favorite crockpot meals/meat courses that I've made over & over.

The first : take a beef chuck roast, mix 1 packet of brown gravy mix, 1 packet of dry Italian dressing mix, & 1 packet of dry ranch & use them as a rub all over the roast. Place it in the crock pot, sprinkle the remaining "rub" on top of around the sides, add about a cup of water, quarter an onion, toss in some baby carrots, and let it cook on high for about 4 hours. It could be done on low for 8 but we find it's more tender when done on high for 4. You could also toss in some small red potatoes...but I like to serve pot roast with mashed potatoes & who needs both?

My second favorite crock pot meal is a whole chicken (about 5 lbs.), skin it if you want to (I always do), rinse it off, pat it mostly dry with paper towels, then sprinkle it with McCormick's Perfect Pinch Rotisserie Chicken seasoning. Cover it completely, rub it in a little if you want, but coat the entire surface of the chicken and even inside a little, then place breast-side down in the crock pot. Stuff the cavity with a halved or quartered onion. You could even put some garlic in there if you wanted to. Cook on low for about 7-8 hrs. Do not add any water, whatsoever, to this one. It cooks in its own juices and comes out SO tender. You could basically do this technique with any kind of seasoning you like, actually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Thoughts 57 min bruh 2
Dylan fulkerson? 1 hr Curious 2
Jessica english hippo 2 hr lol 4
Sadie Bartrum 2 hr well hmmm 16
Cops in Owensboro ky 2 hr Durden 68
she is still my heart 3 hr hmmmm 36
where is Jessica leftwich 3 hr missing my little... 1
Owensboro Dating
Find my Match