jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

CastleOnACloud wrote:
The queen did not capitulate to the trolls. Or get kidnapped. Or any other dastardly occurrence.
My first work shift was...PHEW! I'm gonna call it a workout. A 12 hour workout. Which my brain was prepared for...but not my back and feet.
I enjoyed a peaceful 24 hours without the kids, after I got home from work. Kinda went "unplugged" for the duration...which was nice.
The kids are home now, got them settled into bed a little bit ago. I'll get caught up with you all again. Sorry to have worried anyone!
I just figured you fell into a pit or got eaten by monsters. You know, the usual things.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Comment wrote:
@ WIT Do you enjoy reading? I can read a book a day- but only if I don't check Topix or mess with my fake fish tanks. I play Tapfish and have 60 tanks now. It's very addictive! And can get expensive. We went bowling tonight for C's birthday and had a lot of fun. His mother and brothers and their families went. We have decided to all get together and go once a month. We'll see if that works out with everyone's crazy schedules.
I don't even want to know how long it takes to care for 60 tanks!! My ex can read like that. Idk if she's read 5,000 books or not, but it's crazy how much she reads.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Comment wrote:
@ WIT Do you enjoy reading? I can read a book a day- but only if I don't check Topix or mess with my fake fish tanks. I play Tapfish and have 60 tanks now. It's very addictive! And can get expensive. We went bowling tonight for C's birthday and had a lot of fun. His mother and brothers and their families went. We have decided to all get together and go once a month. We'll see if that works out with everyone's crazy schedules.
I enjoy reading...used to read the brainy stuff: Russian history and then British royalty. Now mostly DIY books. Old Gene Stratton Porter's. I have a bunch of hardback books which I bought for 3/1.49 and paperbacks - 3/99 at our local thrift store.
No real hobbies right now-- just fixing up this house and grand kids

The idea for your family group to get together is good! Some months you may have only 5 and the next month you may have 35! Just keep on having the group . It's worthwhile to do that.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

CastleOnACloud wrote:
The queen did not capitulate to the trolls. Or get kidnapped. Or any other dastardly occurrence.
My first work shift was...PHEW! I'm gonna call it a workout. A 12 hour workout. Which my brain was prepared for...but not my back and feet.
I enjoyed a peaceful 24 hours without the kids, after I got home from work. Kinda went "unplugged" for the duration...which was nice.
The kids are home now, got them settled into bed a little bit ago. I'll get caught up with you all again. Sorry to have worried anyone!
We've really missed you!! It's going to take a while for us to realize you have a job ! Anyway I do hope you had a great day! I was a little concerned....lol

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
...used to read the brainy stuff: Russian history and then British royalty. Old Gene Stratton Porter's.
I'm impressed. That's some pretty high brow stuff. Definitely NOT a 'little light reading'.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

big package wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm impressed. That's some pretty high brow stuff. Definitely NOT a 'little light reading'.
I could set in (some) college history classes all day long...depending on who was teaching . Trouble is I'm not good at remembering all that stuff. Mostly now I read topix lol and easy reading. Bought a book of quotes today: Lovers' Wit . How could I pass it up? Lol.
And your reading choices, other than Chiltons?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sit, not set . Dumb iPhone

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Example from Lovers' Wit:

A man should marry only a very pretty woman in case he ever wants some other man to take her off his hands. Sacha Guitru

My wife and I have a great relationship . I love sex and she'll do anything to get out of the kitchen. Milton Berle

Yeah, yeah. It's a sappy book. I liked the cover.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I could set in (some) college history classes all day long...depending on who was teaching . Trouble is I'm not good at remembering all that stuff. Mostly now I read topix lol and easy reading. Bought a book of quotes today: Lovers' Wit . How could I pass it up? Lol.
And your reading choices, other than Chiltons?
LOL I think I loved my college history classes more than any others. Math ended up being my downfall once we left numbers and answers behind.

I graduated from Chiltons to Bentley. I own the Audi A4 and VW Mk4 manuals. Every single item on that car.

I like practical machinist. The Gentleman Farmer. It's not 'reading' per se, but I'm teaching myself to TIG weld and I've had to read quite a bit about that :-p

The Co-op Extension is only like 15 minutes from the farm. I've been down there several times and they've got some programs I'm really interested in. Maybe after this life is over?
http://umaine.edu/waldo/
Does 'distance learning' or eUniversity count as reading?

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT2 wrote:
Sit, not set . Dumb iPhone
Yes, Siri is still a work in progress. I'm trying not to judge.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT2 wrote:
A man should marry only a very pretty woman in case he ever wants some other man to take her off his hands. Sacha Guitru
My wife and I have a great relationship . I love sex and she'll do anything to get out of the kitchen. Milton Berle

What? I actually thought both of those were funny! Sexist maybe? You just HAD to buy that one. It practically begged you to take it home.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT2 wrote:

Feel free to throw out quotes you like as you read more. As long as I'm not boring you.. since it seems you and I have taken over :-p
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

big package wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I think I loved my college history classes more than any others. Math ended up being my downfall once we left numbers and answers behind.
I graduated from Chiltons to Bentley. I own the Audi A4 and VW Mk4 manuals. Every single item on that car.
I like practical machinist. The Gentleman Farmer. It's not 'reading' per se, but I'm teaching myself to TIG weld and I've had to read quite a bit about that :-p
The Co-op Extension is only like 15 minutes from the farm. I've been down there several times and they've got some programs I'm really interested in. Maybe after this life is over?
http://umaine.edu/waldo/
Does 'distance learning' or eUniversity count as reading?
Hi, bp! Yours is the first post I've read in the kingdom this 'topic session' so I may post out of order. My husband is a welding supervisor. If you have any questions about TIG welding, throw them this way and I can relay questions or PM you to give an email address so you can ask him directly. Hope that helps!
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

big package wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't even want to know how long it takes to care for 60 tanks!! My ex can read like that. Idk if she's read 5,000 books or not, but it's crazy how much she reads.
Well, since the tanks are part of a phone app, they don't take long! It's Tapfish and I really enjoy it. It's only expensive if you want to buy nice fish and decorate tanks nicely, which I do! But it can be played without investing as I have. And I have a friend (met through the game, not in person) that lives in London that plays and we text a ton. It's so interesting to hear what they think of the US (they are very glad Obama won). Their gun stance is opposite ours so that makes interesting discussions. My husband is a reader also but hates fiction.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't watched them in a while but webe got them. We havent had regular tv in about 3 years so we watch a lot of movies...
Oh I'm so crazy! I decided to drive to a small town about 20 minutes away. While I was headed that direction I thought I'd drop off the puzzle we worked yesterday to some Amish newlyweds . let me tell you something, while the highway was clear, The country roads were totally covered with ice and snow. I even had to back down an ice covered hill -twice- before I could make it over the top! It took me an hour to get to where I was going! Can't believe I did that!
Yes, WIT2, you may be crazy for driving in that but you sure are nice to do that!

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, bp! Yours is the first post I've read in the kingdom this 'topic session' so I may post out of order. My husband is a welding supervisor. If you have any questions about TIG welding, throw them this way and I can relay questions or PM you to give an email address so you can ask him directly. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I'll have some questions, but I'm not doing any welding at the moment because the weather is horrid and I've got other things to tend to. I was getting frustrated because all the steel welding I was doing were repairs. TIG doesn't like any kind of dirt. One day I took a scrap aluminum alloy tube and ripped off 4 beautiful welds down the length of the tube. I felt less like a sped and a lot better after that. Maybe let him critique my welds? Feedback from a pro is totally helpful. I thought about going to class for just that reason.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Comment wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, WIT2, you may be crazy for driving in that but you sure are nice to do that!
+1 for nice!
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

@ WIT2 I'd love to have 35 family members! Our group on his side tops out at 15. Unfortunately, his extended family has a lot of alcoholics so we avoid them and their drama. And my side of the family is just small; the alcoholics have died. That's terrible to say, but true.
I also like the 2 examples you listed from your new book but sexist jokes don't bother me.
I like learning about history also as long as I don't have to take a test afterward :) C is a history buff and I guess after watching enough History Channel, I developed an interest. I would like to go to a Civil War reenactment.
I'm finally winding down from my big day. Sleep tight everyone.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the offer. I'm sure I'll have some questions, but I'm not doing any welding at the moment because the weather is horrid and I've got other things to tend to. I was getting frustrated because all the steel welding I was doing were repairs. TIG doesn't like any kind of dirt. One day I took a scrap aluminum alloy tube and ripped off 4 beautiful welds down the length of the tube. I felt less like a sped and a lot better after that. Maybe let him critique my welds? Feedback from a pro is totally helpful. I thought about going to class for just that reason.
I believe he would like that. He is teaching some of the guys where he works to weld, just basics so far. Just let me know when you're ready. Good night :)

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

Yes, it's going for 0330. Nite all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,301 - 5,320 of5,738
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

34 Users are viewing the Owensboro Forum right now

Search the Owensboro Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Owensboro Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Ben boyken bartender Cheddars 19 min Cheddars 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min wtf 146,064
cable rate (Dec '10) 35 min Jesse 8
house (Jan '11) 39 min Jesse 7
Experience with the WIA program? (Feb '11) 41 min Jesse 3
looking for 2 bedroom to rent (Dec '10) 44 min Jesse 4
Owensboro v. Mustangs (Mar '11) 47 min Jesse 5
•••
•••
•••
Owensboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••