“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

jersey city

#5348 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost the same but spelt differently.
When I first came to that region it was a struggle understanding what some people were saying. It is definitely interesting.

Not really a PizzaHovel fan either. It's ok, but kind of 'fake'.
WIT

United States

#5349 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That sounds like Lackawanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7sMI2jb16eoXX
Do you know anyone who might have used the cob method? I wonder how that compares to Sycamore leaves?
1. I can't believe I understood every word of that! Btw. Wasnt that your name on the credits? Heyna
2. Shucks, most around here just scoot on the ground! Red. Castle. Be sure to bring your own tp! The truth? I don't know of anyone that's ever used cobs or leaves, but leaves would be my preference...js

Level 8

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5350 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
When I first came to that region it was a struggle understanding what some people were saying. It is definitely interesting.
Not really a PizzaHovel fan either. It's ok, but kind of 'fake'.
I use to be very country and talk like that back when I was little.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5351 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm not hatin. People just speak as they learn to. There was an attorney who answered questions on the local news. It was called 'Da Laaa an Jew' It was a riot. He retired and they replaced him with his kid. Of course he doesn't talk like that so it's not as much fun now.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5352 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm not hatin. People just speak as they learn to. There was an attorney who answered questions on the local news. It was called 'Da Laaa an Jew' It was a riot. He retired and they replaced him with his kid. Of course he doesn't talk like that so it's not as much fun now.
Basically they went from fun and serious to sophisticated and snobs, eh?
WIT

United States

#5353 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-son-in-law has a heavy accent and it makes him very difficult to understand.(He lives 300 miles east of Owensboro.) When the kids would come back after a visit , it would take a week or so for them to adjust their speech .

Level 8

Location hidden

#5354 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-son-in-law has a heavy accent and it makes him very difficult to understand.(He lives 300 miles east of Owensboro.) When the kids would come back after a visit , it would take a week or so for them to adjust their speech .
He's a yankee?

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5355 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically they went from fun and serious to sophisticated and snobs, eh?
That's pretty fair I think. Both his kids went away to law school somewhere, then came back. They're not horrible, but they're much less 'local' than their Dad.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5356 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a yankee?
Is there a line somewhere east of Oboro for use guys?

Level 8

Location hidden

#5357 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty fair I think. Both his kids went away to law school somewhere, then came back. They're not horrible, but they're much less 'local' than their Dad.
Vey interesting point. I guess they want the new school instead of the old school, eh?

Level 8

Location hidden

#5358 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a line somewhere east of Oboro for use guys?
I dont no. I'm still lernin'.
WIT

United States

#5359 Jan 31, 2013
Jason L69 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a yankee?
No. But a heavy Yankee accent may be difficult to understand. Several places I've lived the local people would comment on my accent also and I don't think my accent is that pronounced. Big would be the one to hear the owensboro area accents since he talked with some of us.

Wild Blue Yonder

#5360 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
No. But a heavy Yankee accent may be difficult to understand. Several places I've lived the local people would comment on my accent also and I don't think my accent is that pronounced. Big would be the one to hear the owensboro area accents since he talked with some of us.
Do I even qualify as having an accent at all? lol.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5361 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't think any of you had much of an accent. Not really. I talked to a guy at Duke's a couple times and he had a pretty strong one. Kind of like what I expected.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5362 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
I really can't tell the difference on my accent to Owensboro area accents.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5363 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I even qualify as having an accent at all? lol.
Not really... wait is 'nice' a category? js

Wild Blue Yonder

#5364 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really... wait is 'nice' a category? js
Awww...

Lord AM is pretty accent-free, too.
Comment

Owensboro, KY

#5365 Jan 31, 2013
Well, I had Pizza Hut tonight bc my daughter and her gf got to pick the place. We like PizzaRoma bc C can get a sandwich and I can get a thin pizza; they also have spaghetti C loves.
Seeing a comment from 'Comment' on the real old school's thread about him being Jesse reminded me that I need a Kingdom name. I like being anonymous but Comment's comment was harsh and it wasn't me. So, I plan to hide my daughter's blow dryer until she helps me! I'm thinking something like 'Fish Fantasy' since my tanks in my game will stay fantasies unless we inherit a lot of money. Would that work, my Queen?
@ WIT and bp(I think) Do you know a German song with these lyrics (I'm spelling it like it sounds). Do, do, leaks meir in hurtzon
Do, do, leaks meir in sin
Do, do, mash meir in vertsin
Vice nich ve good ish der bin
That was a song from my 8th grade talent show. And I CANNOT get it to leave my mind!
I hope you all get a restful night's sleep :)

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5366 Jan 31, 2013
Comment wrote:
Well, I had Pizza Hut tonight bc my daughter and her gf got to pick the place. We like PizzaRoma bc C can get a sandwich and I can get a thin pizza; they also have spaghetti C loves.
Seeing a comment from 'Comment' on the real old school's thread about him being Jesse reminded me that I need a Kingdom name. I like being anonymous but Comment's comment was harsh and it wasn't me. So, I plan to hide my daughter's blow dryer until she helps me! I'm thinking something like 'Fish Fantasy' since my tanks in my game will stay fantasies unless we inherit a lot of money. Would that work, my Queen?
@ WIT and bp(I think) Do you know a German song with these lyrics (I'm spelling it like it sounds). Do, do, leaks meir in hurtzon
Do, do, leaks meir in sin
Do, do, mash meir in vertsin
Vice nich ve good ish der bin
That was a song from my 8th grade talent show. And I CANNOT get it to leave my mind!
I hope you all get a restful night's sleep :)
It's a REALLY old German folk song. Basically a love song.

You, you are in my heart.
you, you are in my mind.
You, you make me much pain,
You don't know how good I am for you.
Yes, yes, yes, yes you don't know how good I am for you.
So, as I love you
so, so love me too.
The most tender desires
I feel for you forever.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, I feel for you forever.
But, but may I trust you
you, you with a light heart?
You, you know you can rely on me
You do know how good I am!
Yes, yes, yes, yes You do know how good I am!
And, and if in the distance,
it seems to me like your picture,
then, then I wish so much
that we were united in love.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, that we were united in love.
WIT

United States

#5367 Feb 1, 2013
Marlene Dietrich ! Good job, big!! I'm really impressed. I know Comment will be delighted with this!!

Good morning everyone! No school in our area today so it's Camp Gee-Ma day. Yay!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Wife 5 min My little squirt 2
Something about Brandon's 6 min Lollypop Kid 3
man of God does't want to pay child support. l... 8 min Lucifer 2
Ashley Martin 10 min needtoknow 20
Tyler scalf cheated 12 min Man ho now 5
attorneys 20 min Open marriage 2
Shawn Hunter 22 min Saint and sinner 29
News Eight Felony Arrest Warrants Served on Daviess ... 59 min Bonfire 23

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web