The Queens' Kingdom
WIT

United States

#5328 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>
Almonds and eggs tonight for dinner, instead of peanut butter & eggs. You talked me into it, you persuasive devil, you.
Almonds! I forgot to set a small bowl of them out for our meal tonight! I served sliced hard boiled eggs, peanut butter with raw carrot chips, cheeses, fruits, bagels and muffins etc.. The kids really chowed down and so did we. It was refreshingly different from the meat +3 meal! Castle, you are a good influence! Now if I would only start exercising!
WIT

United States

#5329 Jan 31, 2013
Hello, Red, would either you or your honey have the tools and the desire to make a lamp from scratch? If not, I have a guy that does a lot of small electrical work for me and he would be more than happy to make up that truck lamp. Let me know and I can get him started this weekend! I've wanted to do this lamp for a long time and it makes me feel like my idea has not gone to waste!
WIT

United States

#5330 Jan 31, 2013
-tree rat- wrote:
<quoted text> Pine cones? No, no, thats not right....
I've tried to let this go and not say a word but, pine cones? Pine cones? Lol
A little rough on the behind! Red corn cobs are much softer. Lol a person needs to keep a bucket of them in the corner of the outhouse.....

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

jersey city

#5331 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
I've tried to let this go and not say a word but, pine cones? Pine cones? Lol
A little rough on the behind! Red corn cobs are much softer. Lol a person needs to keep a bucket of them in the corner of the outhouse.....
Are you guys trying to exfoliate at the same time? Tell me the corn cob thing... nvm... I had to look it up. I almost can't believe that. And guys complain about the Army TP being too rough. Sheesh.

“Tempermental Redhead!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5332 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
Hello, Red, would either you or your honey have the tools and the desire to make a lamp from scratch? If not, I have a guy that does a lot of small electrical work for me and he would be more than happy to make up that truck lamp. Let me know and I can get him started this weekend! I've wanted to do this lamp for a long time and it makes me feel like my idea has not gone to waste!
We don't have many tools. Maybe it would be best to ask the electrical guy!!

Since: Nov 11

Wild Blue Yonder

#5333 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh if only it was THAT easy!! LOL Maybe I should try browbeating?
I'm really trying hard with the whole healthy lifestyle jazz. That was lunch/afternoon munchies. Can't eat cheese danish all day long.
Are you getting creative with eggs yet? I'll try to think of some fabulous egg recipe. Don't have anything off the top of my head.
I haven't gotten very creative with the eggs. Deviled eggs sound really good right now. I think we're all accidentally manipulating each other's cravings. lol.

Level 2

Location hidden

#5334 Jan 31, 2013
Well hey there kingdom! Eom is usually a very busy time for my work, so I haven't been on much. Been trying to get some sales..

Wild Blue Yonder

#5335 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
Almonds! I forgot to set a small bowl of them out for our meal tonight! I served sliced hard boiled eggs, peanut butter with raw carrot chips, cheeses, fruits, bagels and muffins etc.. The kids really chowed down and so did we. It was refreshingly different from the meat +3 meal! Castle, you are a good influence! Now if I would only start exercising!
Now that is my kind of feast!! Glad you all enjoyed it.:)

Level 2

Location hidden

#5336 Jan 31, 2013
Here's a little ditty for the "older" folks in our fair kingdom..

http://youtu.be/Lli9ABUFZCU
WIT

United States

#5337 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you guys trying to exfoliate at the same time? Tell me the corn cob thing... nvm... I had to look it up. I almost can't believe that. And guys complain about the Army TP being too rough. Sheesh.
Us'ens wat live n da kun'try 'ave a bit o' fondness fer dose red cobs. They's rite handy to 'ave wen youse needin'.'em!
WIT

United States

#5338 Jan 31, 2013
Amandas Man wrote:
As, memory lane! How wonderfully sweet of you to think of us!! If you ever visit my house I willet you watch all my videos and DVDs with that exact theme song..!

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5339 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't gotten very creative with the eggs. Deviled eggs sound really good right now. I think we're all accidentally manipulating each other's cravings. lol.
Do your kids like spinach? If your kids hate spinach this probably isn't good. If they're ok with it, they'll probably love this. Did you ever have Bechamel? You might like this and it uses 6 eggs! Other than spinach, you probably have the other ingredients. Don't worry about the gruyere. You can just use the standard swiss you've got and it will be fine.

I use box or bag frozen spinach and it really cuts the time down. Making the roux is really the only tricky part. The rest the oven does the work :-)
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/spinach_...

Wild Blue Yonder

#5340 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
Our small town has Pizza Hut , Papa Johns, and an independent pizza place . They are good. Edible. But great and outta this world ? Nope. Not here! Anyone know one that's outstanding? Gala time!
I don't know any local pizza joints that are extraordinary, either. I had the worst craving for Pizza Hut pizza when I was sick with the stupid broken gallbladder. My surgeon promised I could eat normal later that day post-op...but they mauled my uvula when I was intubated & I had to live on 15 bean soup & sherbert push-up pops for 2 weeks afterward. I waited so long to eat that blasted PH pizza only to have to wait even longer...and, come to think of it, I STILL haven't had any yet - 13 months later.

Soooo...it should come as no surprise, thanks to my groundskeeper for bringing it up, now I'm thinking about it non-stop again. lol.

WIT

United States

#5341 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>

Now that is my kind of feast!! Glad you all enjoyed it.:)
I was hoping you would like that huge feast. Lol! I wouldn't let them have the Mountain Dew though. Lol

Wild Blue Yonder

#5342 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
Us'ens wat live n da kun'try 'ave a bit o' fondness fer dose red cobs. They's rite handy to 'ave wen youse needin'.'em!
It almost hurt my brain to try to read that! lol.

Wild Blue Yonder

#5343 Jan 31, 2013
Amandas Man wrote:
Well, great. Now I'm old.

I used to watch the reruns all the time, growing up. It was on the "approved" list of the very few shows I was allowed, that were not on PBS. Still love it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5344 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any local pizza joints that are extraordinary, either. I had the worst craving for Pizza Hut pizza when I was sick with the stupid broken gallbladder. My surgeon promised I could eat normal later that day post-op...but they mauled my uvula when I was intubated & I had to live on 15 bean soup & sherbert push-up pops for 2 weeks afterward. I waited so long to eat that blasted PH pizza only to have to wait even longer...and, come to think of it, I STILL haven't had any yet - 13 months later.
Soooo...it should come as no surprise, thanks to my groundskeeper for bringing it up, now I'm thinking about it non-stop again. lol.
I get sick everytime I eat at any Pizza Huts.

Level 8

Location hidden

#5345 Jan 31, 2013
CastleOnACloud wrote:
<quoted text>
It almost hurt my brain to try to read that! lol.
I speak and can read "hick" sometimes.

“I'm almost awesome”

Level 5

jersey city

#5346 Jan 31, 2013
WIT wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That sounds like Lackawanese.

Do you know anyone who might have used the cob method? I wonder how that compares to Sycamore leaves?

Level 8

Location hidden

#5347 Jan 31, 2013
big package wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That sounds like Lackawanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =7sMI2jb16eoXX
Do you know anyone who might have used the cob method? I wonder how that compares to Sycamore leaves?
Almost the same but spelt differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owensboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who died in green tree 1 min so sad 13
adam carter 6 min Nope 27
Owensboro catholic 10 min family 51
People that Sell and Work for OPD 15 min corey 3
Local Swimming Holes?? (May '16) 49 min hotwife 8
Judges and the jail. 1 hr Mrs ReeDonna Landon 2
Dottie 1 hr do not know either 12

Owensboro Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance