Tioga will use tobacco money for brid...

Tioga will use tobacco money for bridge repairs

There are 3 comments on the Press & Sun-Bulletin story from Jun 23, 2008, titled Tioga will use tobacco money for bridge repairs. In it, Press & Sun-Bulletin reports that:

Tioga County is using this year's remaining $2.9 million of its $5 million tobacco settlement money to repair bridges found to be deficient in state inspections.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press & Sun-Bulletin.

Ram

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2008
OK I know about that law suit & the money won; if there aren't enough people in town to quit smoking vs the amount of money you have, then a better way to use the money would be for the people who have gotten sick from smoking cigarettes. Their medical, their O2, their trips to the hospital/Drs. etc....
Thanks!
Ram

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2008
PS people don't even know about the program of free meds. to quit smoking!!!!!!!!
AZ could use it

Glendale, AZ

#3 Jul 8, 2008
It seems to me it should be used for what it was awarded to your state for. Smokers! Send it to us we can use it for winter visitor smokers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
are you giig eect cuomo whne he approves of... Sat donot elect cuomo 1
did the F L U hit your town of vestal ... May 23 hillary clinton 1
Owego Gardes is a mess May 21 gardiner 4
owego gardens this is just bad May 6 stormp 3
News A Cheap Trick encore at the Spiedie Fest Apr 26 Babbabooie 1
Hey Owego Gardens fake maintenence person Apr '18 jenci 5
News Sanmina closing coincides with tax deal lapse Mar '18 conklincolt 4

Owego Jobs

Personal Finance

Owego Mortgages