Riverland goes tobacco-free

Jul 2, 2011 Full story: The Austin Daily Herald

There's a new rule at Riverland Community College: Smoking is not allowed. A tobacco ban takes effect Friday on all Riverland property, the result of about three months worth of work by a Riverland committee after the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees approved a resolution encouraging MnSCU colleges to address tobacco use.

Read more
WTW

United States

#1 Jul 2, 2011
Fantastic!
Amy-RN

United States

#2 Jul 2, 2011
I agree with WTW...the best thing that could happen! Put a smile on many faces I am certain, and a longer life!!
just candid

AOL

#3 Jul 2, 2011
Good move! They've decided to go with what's best for everyone involved. Nowadays everyone knows smoking is harmfull and there's no reason to allow it to continue anyplace others may come intact with its toxic fumes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owatonna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belart co. (Nov '07) Mar 10 jennifer61 101
Review: Images 4 Life Photography Mar 1 So happy 1
News Water &a SLight Board advised wholesale electri... Feb '15 Ray 1
News Extra Security at Owatonna High School (Nov '09) Jan '15 American_Jihad 58
Waseca Mayor! Oct '14 waseca man 2
News Illegal workers pay taxes, reap no federal or s... (Mar '11) Oct '14 Guess Who 273
Jays Football (Aug '08) Apr '14 Former student 250
Owatonna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Owatonna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]