First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sean S

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Oct 10, 2012
Jeff wrote:
Has anyone heard anything new regarding this matter? And thank you Sean for the update.
Nothing so far.
DPN

Blooming Prairie, MN

#24 Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for the information and update.
Mark

Burnsville, MN

#25 Oct 19, 2012
Add another story. I dropped off a Bull Elk hide at the Owatonna location in January 2011. Paid $100 down for a hair on tanning. Elk was from Smith Elk farm in Farmington MN. Full winter coat and flawless.

Long story short, I called around July to inquire. They told me that the guy that did their hair on tanning quit and they had to send hair on hides out west. I would have to wait. Like an idiot, I received more hides from the farm and dropped them off. They were to give me 50 dollars credit off my final tanning bill for the hide So I waited and called and waited some more. Finally, in early spring of 2012, they told me all had been received and my hide was no where to bee seen. Then dead silence.

My gut feeling here is we are dealing with a crook that took money from a lot of people with no intention of doing any work. I was lied to right to the end. As for my Elk hide? I have no proof but believe they sold it to someone. Fits their profile.
Sean S

Saint Paul, MN

#26 Oct 24, 2012
Update:

Dave Orrick: Uber Tanning customers will have to wait a bit longer

http://www.twincities.com/columnists/ci_21811...
Sue_m

Grand Rapids, MN

#27 Oct 24, 2012
Jared Rinerson of Uber Leather has declared bankruptcy from what I found out yesterday---FYI.
Matt

United States

#28 Dec 28, 2012
Great news! Stopped by the tannery this morning and someone was there. The old owners are picking up the pieces and they had my finished hides! Dealt with a very nice guy who was apologetic even tho he had nothing to do with that clown Rinerson. Understandably they will not honor the full down payment but were kind enough to honor 50%. Today is a great day because my son finally will have the hide of his very first deer.
Sean S

United States

#29 Dec 28, 2012
Matt,
Any word on if they are planning to get finished hides sent out? And my understanding was that they has financial records tied to the hides and they knew who had paid, what needed to be sent out and to whom. Any advice on what you think we should be doing? Stop by tannery? Call?
Matt

Mankato, MN

#30 Dec 29, 2012
Sean,
When I stopped in they pulled out a very well organized binder that appeared to be a customer log. If I had to guess, they are working hard to complete those orders as well as process new ones coming in. Once again, they are honoring 50% of your payment (i.e. If you paid $120 to have 2 hides tanned, they will honor $60 and you will then owe $60). In my opinion this is fair since this was no wrong doing of their own and Rinerson was the one with your $. I would stop in if I were you, however If you cannot I would for sure give them a call to see what is necessary to complete your order. They are operating under the name Century Leather Products. Hope this helps:-)
Sean S

Saint Paul, MN

#31 Dec 29, 2012
Excellent. Thanks, Matt.
Larry

Rochester, MN

#32 Jan 4, 2013
I had paid $132 for three pair of driving gloves to be made from my two deer hides in early 2011. They were promised to me within a year. After that year period went by I contacted them several, many times regarding our transaction. Every single time they promised me they were either in the tannery, at the sewing machine, in the mail with-in the next week, etc. All lies. Where are my gloves or my $132? Does anyone have the new phone number to contact the new person running the business?
DC Texas

Georgetown, TX

#34 Jan 18, 2013
I had used Uber for years with great results,But I can no longer contact them at all.They have been sold to an iresponsible party and cant be trusted. To bad ,they had a great rep in the past.
Amy

Tulsa, OK

#35 Jan 18, 2013
My mom was contacted by the new owner yesterday by phone about the hides she had sent in. It seems like they are working on getting through their list of customers, at least. She sent in the hides about 10 months ago.
Richard O

Rapid City, SD

#36 Feb 4, 2013
Sent 25 deer hides and a buffalo hide in last spring, not pre-paid either. Looks like I will be last on the list if I get them at all.
Huntlong57

Derry, NH

#37 Mar 11, 2013
Yeah,got a phone call outta the blue. This after not hearing anything for months. They had my deer hide all tanned and ready to be made into gloves. I said "sure", sent out a check,and got my gloves. Love 'em!
Richard O

Sturgis, SD

#38 Mar 11, 2013
Got a call last week that he has my buffalo rawhide done, waiting on delivery and then will pay for 5 hides that are tanned while I wait on my other 20 hides to be done.. Just awaiting delivery!!
Ariel

Glendale, AZ

#40 Jul 18, 2013
Jeff wrote:
Has anyone heard anything new regarding this matter? And thank you Sean for the update.
They had my elk hide for almost a year. I had not prepaid. They sent me an invoice in November 2012 and I received it shortly thereafter with a note about the Bankruptcy and that the original family bought it back. Good luck.
MikeB

Alpharetta, GA

#41 Aug 1, 2013
It is unfortunate for the Uber family to have run such a wonderful company for 6 generation only to hand it over to someone that promised to continue it without success.

It is also unfortunate for those hunters that for many months thought their possesions had been lost for good.

Congratulations to the Uber family for stepping back in and thier continued effort to revive this American icon. I support the family and the newly revived business. Hoping to be able to send then some hides this winter and help then financially.

Don't forget that the new organization is attempting to make things right while assuming all additional labor costs. They could have distroyed them and started fresh.

Looking forward to offering my support.

Marietta, GA
Dianne B

Fairfield, IA

#42 Dec 6, 2013
Bought a pair of your leather lined mitten for my sister and myself. They are awesome! Best I have found at keeping my hands warm. My sister just thanked me again for giving her those mittens. Keep up the good work!
Sean S

Saint Paul, MN

#43 Dec 6, 2013
I've recently sent in another deer hide, and I support the Uber family 100%. We need to continue the support to make sure they never have to sell again. Glad to hear others are supporting them as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owatonna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Belart co. (Nov '07) Dec 13 liccon 97
Waseca Mayor! Oct '14 waseca man 2
Illegal workers pay taxes, reap no federal or s... (Mar '11) Oct '14 Guess Who 273
Jays Football (Aug '08) Apr '14 Former student 250
Debate: Health Care - Waseca, MN (Mar '14) Mar '14 LCpl Caleb L Eric... 1
Hy-Vee plans expansion into Twin Cities (Mar '14) Mar '14 petrorolli 1
Extra Security at Owatonna High School (Nov '09) Feb '14 allen pichner 57
Owatonna Dating
Find my Match

Owatonna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Owatonna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owatonna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]