St. Cloud, Owatonna / Muslim group has school concerns

There are 67 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 24, 2010, titled St. Cloud, Owatonna / Muslim group has school concerns. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The Minnesota chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations on Wednesday called on federal education officials to investigate and address reports of growing racial and religious tensions in Minnesota public schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#64 Mar 25, 2010
Your wrote:
<quoted text>
Your funny. Do you also believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus?
The Jewish Religion can trace it roots back prior to the building of the Pyramids. Many believe Buddaism goes even further back. What is so funny, or better yet, what do you believe in? The big Accident theory?
CLA123

Plymouth, MN

#65 Mar 25, 2010
The religion that teaches hate and violence is upset that someone hates them back? boo f-ing hoo.
Your

Minneapolis, MN

#66 Mar 25, 2010
Niether of the Above wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jewish Religion can trace it roots back prior to the building of the Pyramids. Many believe Buddaism goes even further back. What is so funny, or better yet, what do you believe in? The big Accident theory?
What's funny is you actualy believe in a god in this day and age.I am an atheist, I belive in no gods. I don't know how the world was created because that answer has not been figured out yet. But at least I don't take the weak way out and say, "God created us and the world." just because man doesn't understand it yet.
armando alvarez

Kansas City, MO

#67 Mar 25, 2010
I didn't know there were these many racist rednecks in MN, it only shows their discontent that Opama is the president(closet muslim)!, and the best they can do is take on to a refugees from muslims country, pathetic losers,, i'm just happy that you guys are not representing the America i know,,,
BUD

Saint Paul, MN

#68 Mar 25, 2010
Your wrote:
<quoted text>
What's funny is you actualy believe in a god in this day and age.I am an atheist, I belive in no gods. I don't know how the world was created because that answer has not been figured out yet. But at least I don't take the weak way out and say, "God created us and the world." just because man doesn't understand it yet.
In this day and age? The world creation is not the only thing you don't know! There is hope for you if you open your mind. Go bless!

Since: Jun 09

Saint Paul, MN

#69 Mar 25, 2010
I would be interested to see if these incidents are even documented. Yes, I know that the St. Cloud area can be racist. I am just having trouble picturing kids actually hauling bacon strips to school, and a bus driver doing this knowing full well the camera is on at all times. Also, seems like given the group we're talking about here, that we would have immediately had two separate news stories, and two separate lawsuits. Are we dealing with teenage drama, or is this actually true?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#70 Mar 26, 2010
Your wrote:
<quoted text>
Well first of all, I have the faith people much smarter than me, taught me. Second, I share your mystery in that I am not sure exactly how the world/earth was created, but I choose to believe a higher being had a hand in it. As far as taking the "weak" way out, I would take issue with you. Taking the position that Christianity takes, has not been the popular position since the era of "Free Love" hippie age.
I don't understand how or why you feel the way you do, and I obviously disagree with with you.
It just seems strange to me, that if there is no God, or Buddah, or Mohammed,(sp) then someone pulled off the greatest con ever, and made it last over 21 centuries!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owatonna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Community News Corporation May 12 conerned 1
News Minnesota Senate nixes Sunday liquor sales Apr '15 Not so 2
Belart co. (Nov '07) Mar '15 jennifer61 101
Review: Images 4 Life Photography Mar '15 So happy 1
News Water &a SLight Board advised wholesale electri... Feb '15 Ray 1
News Extra Security at Owatonna High School (Nov '09) Jan '15 American_Jihad 58
Waseca Mayor! (Oct '14) Oct '14 waseca man 2
More from around the web

Owatonna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE