AMR expects about 4,400 job cuts, warns 11,000

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: Austin American-Statesman 34

American Airlines spokesman Bruce Hicks said Tuesday that fewer than 40 percent of those getting notices will lose their jobs.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RWG

Canaan, IN

#21 Oct 3, 2012
First off, AAL has 5 people employed for ever 3 jobs needed. There is so much waste and mismanagement there AAL could lose 1/3 of it's current headcount and still operate normally. The trick is getting the people still there to work more that 2 or 3 hours a day and give at least 100% for a change.
billy beane

Phoenix, AZ

#22 Oct 3, 2012
actually the truth is majority of twa employees recieved substantial raises, and made out really well considering they were hours away from chapter liquidation. The arb ruling was fair using that as a bench mark. Now, a syngergistic merger maybe not, but then things wouldn't of gone that way if it was a merger of both sides bringing something to the table.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#23 Oct 3, 2012
billy beane wrote:
actually the truth is majority of twa employees recieved substantial raises, and made out really well considering they were hours away from chapter liquidation. The arb ruling was fair using that as a bench mark. Now, a syngergistic merger maybe not, but then things wouldn't of gone that way if it was a merger of both sides bringing something to the table.
You might be the only person who liked the arbitrators ruling. Most people were so upset a Missouri Congressperson (maybe Senator) drafted a law on how seniority shoud be handled, and although it sat in congress for years it finally passed just before the NW/DL and UA/CO mergers. I guess it depends upon whether you went up od down the seniority list
Eastern SCAB Pilot

Bellevue, WA

#24 Oct 3, 2012
I'm ready and willing to assume my rightful position as a senior B-777 captain flying for AA..

Hurry up boys and strike, I have a mortgage payment due at the end of the month.
AA Management

Bellevue, WA

#25 Oct 3, 2012
Have any of our AA Pilot's committed suicide yet?

We need to look at replacing those who kill themselves, we are running low of international crews. Are any of those Comair pilot available as relacement pilot? I here there airline shut down.
Mal Paridos e Mierda

Miami, FL

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Ustedes American Eagle Pilots son una mierda! se tomaron el jugo bien tomao hace anos! te mintieron, comieron, filmaron contrato, se los clavaron a todos. Por eso todos ustedes pilotos de mierda no merecen estar parte del AMR System. Estan cagando el systema de pilotos nacionalmente. UStedes son una mierda pilotos estupidos de American Eagle. se creen que son pilotos de AA i no son. Ustedes son estupidos!
Wanda

Miami, FL

#27 Oct 4, 2012
dont drink the kool aid. Tom sent a letter today too all the employees. he rather fire everyone and begin from scratch.

Note to AA PIlots:

TAKE YOUR AIRLINE BACK ! Don't let tom fool you into a great airline speech. Don't give in to his lies at the bargaining table. GET EVERYTHING BACK or BACK AWAY and let it crumble. You told all the Eagle Pilots to Hold their ground, you told all the pilots not to do this for free, so IM TELLING YOU, TAKE YOUR AIRLINE BACK!, dont get fooled into his BullSheet game. A "low Cost Carrier" Management crumbled in early 2010. DO THE SAME, and THOU SHALL BE REWARDED!

The rest of the Pilot industry looks up to you! So Defend it!
billy beane

Phoenix, AZ

#28 Oct 4, 2012
Prost wrote:
<quoted text> You might be the only person who liked the arbitrators ruling. Most people were so upset a Missouri Congressperson (maybe Senator) drafted a law on how seniority shoud be handled, and although it sat in congress for years it finally passed just before the NW/DL and UA/CO mergers. I guess it depends upon whether you went up od down the seniority list
My main point was twa was finished, and the employees made out as well as could be expected in the situation. The arb ruling was actually pretty good considering what the (arb)was handed. If the arb ruled with today's blended lists, the failed company would have overwhelmed many aa current employees to this day. Don't know your status, but at many smaller stations senior twa employees would have displaced many less senior aa employees.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#29 Oct 4, 2012
billy beane wrote:
<quoted text>
My main point was twa was finished, and the employees made out as well as could be expected in the situation. The arb ruling was actually pretty good considering what the (arb)was handed. If the arb ruled with today's blended lists, the failed company would have overwhelmed many aa current employees to this day. Don't know your status, but at many smaller stations senior twa employees would have displaced many less senior aa employees.
What. they got was definitely better than certain unemployment. I was in a 25% station but already had 15 years at AA by then. Ironically it was the Air Cal merger that hurt guys on the west coast. We bought them in 88 and the kept 100% seniority. To be brief, it has been the difference between being off weekends of not , and prime vacation weeks. That is pretty big. It's all a mute point now. AA is outsourcing most of it's non focus cities. Then ironically once we are gone they will be bringing the flight total up to the number needed to keep it union stafffed. That's the thanks 26 years of shoulder and knee destroying labor gets you.
billy beane

Phoenix, AZ

#30 Oct 4, 2012
yeah, this current management is overreaching and will never recover its status, amongst all employee groups. It really has no support whatsoever from these heavy handed tactics ,calling their employees bricks in a back pack, and outsourcing jobs while guys like you limp. Its not right, not human, not saving the company.

You are not a cube and have many people on your side.

Miami

Miami, FL

#31 Oct 4, 2012
billy beane wrote:
<quoted text>
My main point was twa was finished, and the employees made out as well as could be expected in the situation. The arb ruling was actually pretty good considering what the (arb)was handed. If the arb ruled with today's blended lists, the failed company would have overwhelmed many aa current employees to this day. Don't know your status, but at many smaller stations senior twa employees would have displaced many less senior aa employees.
Your Gay
billy beane

Phoenix, AZ

#32 Oct 10, 2012
Did you ask if the primary reason for outsourcing is due to Obama care? Ask next time you get a chance.
tom

United States

#33 Oct 10, 2012
I work for Usairways and AA people will not. go to the bottom on the senority list, if you have 20 years than u have 20 years. The TWA people were in chapter 7 not 13.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#34 Oct 10, 2012
tom wrote:
I work for Usairways and AA people will not. go to the bottom on the senority list, if you have 20 years than u have 20 years. The TWA people were in chapter 7 not 13.
Correct. Thanks to the law passed as a result of the AA/TWA decision. Doug Parker loves it , it will settle the grandfathered pilot issue at US once AA joins the group.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owasso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lets have fun tonite Sat golly 2
Carl Michael Ruth, Jr. Sat Granny 71
Stolen Christmas Pictures Fri bowtownman 1
micah hall Fri old friend 1
Review: Vintage Pearl Dec 26 ssteadmn 1
Okla. teacher fired for snack run with 11 kids ... Dec 23 Casual Observor 1
Diesel Prices Slowly Falling At Oklahoma Gas St... Dec 23 eve 1
Owasso Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Owasso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Owasso News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Owasso

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:47 am PST

Yahoo! Sports12:47AM
No mailing it in as Cowboys top Redskins 44-17
NBC Sports12:59 AM
Chiefs, Chargers both miss out on postseason - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 3:13 AM
Jerry Jones: No one knows what worries me about Dez Bryant contract
Bleacher Report 4:05 AM
Murray, Dez Setting Tone for Cowboys' Playoff Run
Bleacher Report 5:10 AM
Missed Opportunities, Imbalance Define Chiefs' Season