Stephen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

I think you need to re-read the posts. I'm not the one on medicare.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Medicare makes a great secondary insurance. But if your against socialized medicine and your on Medicare wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?
Not really! I wish I had the insurance I had before I went on Medicare. But even though I am neither poor or super rich we could not keep up paying the premiums we paid before we retired. Now that benefits and money are being taken away from the medicare system it makes you wonder when something major happens will you get the care needed. I'll bet your socialized medical will not have deductible of like Part B which offices calls, and test which is $165 And turn a deductible for a Part A Hospital stay which is $1,165.00 and this is not a one time thing for a year. Plus You buy a supplyment insurance and a drug insurance to boot.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Stephen wrote:
I think you need to re-read the posts. I'm not the one on medicare.
It was a generalized statement. I wasn't referring to you specifically.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Actually Medicare makes a great secondary insurance. But if your against socialized medicine and your on Medicare wouldn't that make you a hypocrite?
I also love the way Medicare (government) gets their paper work out in a timely manner. HAHAHA!
Stephen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Not really! I wish I had the insurance I had before I went on Medicare. But even though I am neither poor or super rich we could not keep up paying the premiums we paid before we retired. Now that benefits and money are being taken away from the medicare system it makes you wonder when something major happens will you get the care needed. I'll bet your socialized medical will not have deductible of like Part B which offices calls, and test which is $165 And turn a deductible for a Part A Hospital stay which is $1,165.00 and this is not a one time thing for a year. Plus You buy a supplyment insurance and a drug insurance to boot.
Remember an earlier post where congressional aides were saying they would have to quit if they didn't get special federal treatment/consideration because their salaries of 25-35 thousand dollars a year would have premiums of 10,000 dollars a year and 3,000 deductible and the congressmen were going on t.v. and said they needed to make a changed in ObamaCare because you couldn't expect them to pay that kind of a premium on that kind of salary.

Oh really? What about the average Joe Q. Citizen who falls in that category of income?
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Not really! I wish I had the insurance I had before I went on Medicare. But even though I am neither poor or super rich we could not keep up paying the premiums we paid before we retired. Now that benefits and money are being taken away from the medicare system it makes you wonder when something major happens will you get the care needed. I'll bet your socialized medical will not have deductible of like Part B which offices calls, and test which is $165 And turn a deductible for a Part A Hospital stay which is $1,165.00 and this is not a one time thing for a year. Plus You buy a supplyment insurance and a drug insurance to boot.
Did you lose your previous insurance because you retired and your premiums went up because you were no longer in a group plan?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Did you lose your previous insurance because you retired and your premiums went up because you were no longer in a group plan?
Never was in a group plan. We were responsible for our own health care and that meant buying our health insurance.
Now if you use medicare as a secondary insurance do you have the same deductibles? How does that work?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember an earlier post where congressional aides were saying they would have to quit if they didn't get special federal treatment/consideration because their salaries of 25-35 thousand dollars a year would have premiums of 10,000 dollars a year and 3,000 deductible and the congressmen were going on t.v. and said they needed to make a changed in ObamaCare because you couldn't expect them to pay that kind of a premium on that kind of salary.
Oh really? What about the average Joe Q. Citizen who falls in that category of income?
Yes I do and I had posted my concerns about that. I maybe on Medicare but I have 3 sons still in the work force, my oldest will turn 50 this year that will have deal with what obamacare will be doing to people health ins. premiums. I worry how this will affect young adults starting out like my grandkids.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember a lady asking Pres. Obama on TV about her mother on medicare and if her mother would have had the bypass surgery if Obamacare was enforce and his answer was probably not. that she would have given pain meds to keep her comfortable until ...... That makes me wonder if Obamacare was in force when I got so sick last October what my care would have been.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Never was in a group plan. We were responsible for our own health care and that meant buying our health insurance.
Now if you use medicare as a secondary insurance do you have the same deductibles? How does that work?
If you have other insurance(there is a difference between insurance and what they call discount plans) Medicare becomes secondary. The only thing you should have to pay is your primary deductible until you reach your primary limitations.
Stephen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>I remember a lady asking Pres. Obama on TV about her mother on medicare and if her mother would have had the bypass surgery if Obamacare was enforce and his answer was probably not. that she would have given pain meds to keep her comfortable until ...... That makes me wonder if Obamacare was in force when I got so sick last October what my care would have been.
Exactly. Hillary touted Canadian Healthcare and I think you will remember what MistyGirl said about the Canadian Healthcare because she and her husband travel often all over Canada. MistyGirl also told us about her neighbor who moved from Canada because they refused her healthcare and sent her home to die.

Do you remember her telling us?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>If you have other insurance(there is a difference between insurance and what they call discount plans) Medicare becomes secondary. The only thing you should have to pay is your primary deductible until you reach your primary limitations.
I GUESS you are talking medicare? There are to plans -Medicare with Part A which is hospital, Part B which covers everything except drugs and dental. There is a Part D that covers drugs but we opt to buy our own supplyment. There is Advantage Medicare. which is like an HMO. I have never been a fan of the HMO Plans. Under the medicare we have Part A has a deductible of $1165 for the first 3 months and after you meet that deductible Medicare pays 80% and the supplyment pays the 20%. The Part B after you meet that deductible of $165 medicare pays 80% and supplyment pays 20%. The supplyment a person can buy will have different plans with different deductible which will affect the cost of that premium.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do and I had posted my concerns about that. I maybe on Medicare but I have 3 sons still in the work force, my oldest will turn 50 this year that will have deal with what obamacare will be doing to people health ins. premiums. I worry how this will affect young adults starting out like my grandkids.
Everyone that can afford it needs to have their insurance issues addressed before the age of 50. Insurance costs jump significantly at 50, at least that is what I've seen, especially for life related insurance.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Hillary touted Canadian Healthcare and I think you will remember what MistyGirl said about the Canadian Healthcare because she and her husband travel often all over Canada. MistyGirl also told us about her neighbor who moved from Canada because they refused her healthcare and sent her home to die.
Yes I do remember those posting. I also worry about the quality of the care people will be getting under Obamacare.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Judged:

So What wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone that can afford it needs to have their insurance issues addressed before the age of 50. Insurance costs jump significantly at 50, at least that is what I've seen, especially for life related insurance.
I was talking about how Obamacare will raise health insurance premiums for many. The billions of dollars taken away from Medicare will not be enough to support the added expense of the many being added to the group where they either get their health premiums paid for or get help with paying for their health ins, premiums.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

Stephen wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good and bad issues with Canadian Socialized Medicine. The good is preventive healthcare. The bad is catastrophic healthcare.
So What

Mcloud, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

TAMARA wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do remember those posting. I also worry about the quality of the care people will be getting under Obamacare.
I have those worries now, and I have enough insurance to cover all bills except yearly deductible.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

So What wrote:
<quoted text>If you have other insurance(there is a difference between insurance and what they call discount plans) Medicare becomes secondary. The only thing you should have to pay is your primary deductible until you reach your primary limitations.
I am not sure what you are calling a discount plan. I am pretty sure if you are no longer working at 65 and older and in a group health plan that age group don't buy discount plans and make medicare a supplyment.
these discount plans what are the cost and what is their deductibles and the pay out towards medical bills. I would bet that these discount plans would have deductibles and it would have to be met before they pay out towards medical bills and I would thinks even if medicare was the supplyment it would also have it's deductibles. Now would the deductibles be the same if a person had medicare with a supplyment health ins.?
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

So What wrote:
<quoted text>There are good and bad issues with Canadian Socialized Medicine. The good is preventive healthcare. The bad is catastrophic healthcare.
We now have preventive healthcare and it is only as good if people take advantage of it.
TAMARA

Edmond, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2013

So What wrote:
<quoted text>I have those worries now, and I have enough insurance to cover all bills except yearly deductible.
Are you on a group plan? And what are your deductibles? Then think about the people that are on a fixed income and the medicare deductibles for Part A.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Owasso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Owasso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Owasso News, Events & Info