The "English is the Official Language...

The "English is the Official Language of Oklahoma Act"

Created by CitizenTopix on Oct 11, 2010

3,330 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#11125 Nov 25, 2012
Common Cents wrote:
LMAO - you don't speak proper English in Oklahoma, ya'll speak AMERICAN.
Plus Spanish was spoken in Florida, Texas and New Mexico before the English even arrived at Plymouth Rock or Jamestown, and have been there ever since.
Okie Whites are the joke of the nation, the way that they speak. People are sick and tired of their right wing crap too.
meeeeee

Muskogee, OK

#11126 Nov 25, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
Okie Whites are the joke of the nation, the way that they speak. People are sick and tired of their right wing crap too.
rational you sound racist
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#11127 Nov 27, 2012
No sir, I am not a racist. Meeeee, you're a lying white dog. I detest racism and prejudice. I have been chatting in these threads for nearly six years, and all people that know me call me the most non racist chatter that they have ever encountered. I am color blind.
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#11128 Nov 27, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
I don't care about any of this right wing anti Obama racist shit. You right wingers are just mad because Obama kicked your asses on Nov. 6.
Rational, you must forgive thsoe right wingers--they are still in schock after losing and wasting over a billion to get their anointed one not elected. They now have to find another Great White Hope.
pappy

Lewisville, TX

#11129 Nov 27, 2012
Rational, all thsoe right wingers are color blind also, All they see is white
Rational Klans Man

Haskell, OK

#11130 Nov 27, 2012
White is all rite!
Rational Klans Man

Haskell, OK

#11131 Nov 27, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
No sir, I am not a racist. Meeeee, you're a lying white dog. I detest racism and prejudice. I have been chatting in these threads for nearly six years, and all people that know me call me the most non racist chatter that they have ever encountered. I am color blind.
Wat up Blind Willy?
Rational Klans Man

Haskell, OK

#11132 Nov 27, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
http://onlineslangdictionary.c om/meaning-definition-of/dick- beaters This is you blind willy.
Patty DeFoy-Grasse

Rochester, NY

#11133 Nov 29, 2012
Okies wanting English to be the official language?
Git R Done !!
Dave Harris

Sarasota, FL

#11134 Dec 3, 2012
As an ignorant outsider, I just have to ask. Does western Oklahoma have a problem with people who don' speaka da' English? Do you have to pass laws to keep them from taking over your town? Seems you have endured far worse and I'd love to visit some time, but this sort of creeps me out.
Rational Tulsans

Pryor, OK

#11135 Dec 3, 2012
pappy wrote:
<quoted text> Rational, you must forgive thsoe right wingers--they are still in schock after losing and wasting over a billion to get their anointed one not elected. They now have to find another Great White Hope.
lol, very good analysis, lol
Rational Tulsans

Pryor, OK

#11136 Dec 3, 2012
pappy wrote:
Rational, all thsoe right wingers are color blind also, All they see is white
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
Bo Jangles

United States

#11137 Dec 3, 2012
More like saving money on state business to print it only in English as opposed to several languages... common sense which isn't so common anymore.
john

Coffeyville, KS

#11138 Dec 7, 2012
You have many illegal friends...Your opinion is in the very minority for obvious reasons.English is the official language of America has been since 1776 what language was the constitution written in?So why would we want any other language on ballots?Also if you have a division in language you can not understand the majority and they can not understand you.I will never hire a worker that cant understand what I say to them.You are the racist one.I have never went to another country and tried to get them to start speaking my language or write in English so I can understand...
john

Coffeyville, KS

#11139 Dec 7, 2012
Dave Harris wrote:
As an ignorant outsider, I just have to ask. Does western Oklahoma have a problem with people who don' speaka da' English? Do you have to pass laws to keep them from taking over your town? Seems you have endured far worse and I'd love to visit some time, but this sort of creeps me out.
Ya as it does most schmucks..Schmucks have a hard time understanding that we should not be writing the voting ballots in Spanish,Chinese,Russian or any other language. ONLY English as the Constitution,the bill of rights,and everything else that involves America. A divide in language is a divide in the country....
john

Coffeyville, KS

#11140 Dec 7, 2012
Rational Tulsans wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, very good analysis, lol
Ya a great one if you live off illegals working for ya...Rational tulsans should be more of liberal schmucks that welcome anyone to come on over rewrite the laws,should we really outlaw ILLEGALS?????
How about should we start having beers with the folks that have killed innocent people driving drunk...or maybe we should just start letting child molesters out of jail because we are infringing on there rights....Liberal Thinking Philosophy
Illegal Alien

Enid, OK

#11141 Dec 7, 2012
It puts the lotion on its skin.
Closed minds equals Tards

Rochester, NY

#11142 Dec 7, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya as it does most schmucks..Schmucks have a hard time understanding that we should not be writing the voting ballots in Spanish,Chinese,Russian or any other language. ONLY English as the Constitution,the bill of rights,and everything else that involves America. A divide in language is a divide in the country....
Wrong Dooshbag - many countries have multiple languages, this one included. Always did, does now, always will.
Just cuz you are too much of a moron to learn another tongue, don't force your ignorance on the rest of us.
Cracker

Springdale, AR

#11144 Dec 8, 2012
English!! Do you speak it MF?
Melissa

United States

#11145 Dec 9, 2012
Closed minds equals Tards wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Dooshbag - many countries have multiple languages, this one included. Always did, does now, always will.
Just cuz you are too much of a moron to learn another tongue, don't force your ignorance on the rest of us.
Dooshbag? Correct spelling douchebag
cuz? Correct spelling because

No one is saying you can't learn however many languages you want to learn. What Oklahoma is saying is the State of Oklahoma does "official business" using the English language. Common sense to make all official print in one language, more cost effective that way! For someone who tries to portray themselves as intellectually superior....

Guess you're a "work" in progress!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owasso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Morning Bell: Elected to the board without ... 1 hr harpervalleypta 1
News Atheists plan 2018 gathering in Oklahoma City Sat Now i Know 16
News Shooting Victim Found Dead Outside Abandoned House (Mar '11) Dec 14 juan caino 13
News Muskogee County Deputies Find Meth Stashed In C... (Jan '17) Dec 14 rogelio 5
Tulsa Security Task Force. Nightly Patrol Rates... Dec 14 Tulsa Security Ta... 1
Chris and tiarah Dec 13 Chris and tiarah 1
News Operation Purple Rain Nets More Than 30 Arrests... Dec 12 Bocephus 1

Owasso Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owasso Mortgages