State Senate Votes For 10 Commandment...

State Senate Votes For 10 Commandments Monument

There are 428 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 21, 2009, titled State Senate Votes For 10 Commandments Monument. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

The Oklahoma Senate has voted overwhelmingly for a bill to allow a Ten Commandments monument to be placed on the Capitol grounds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Teasly McBagger

Morris, OK

#436 May 20, 2009
Reasonable Legal Mind wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted:"(with a new, liberal justice)" LOL LOL
HINT: Justice Souter voted against it last time; his vote & therefore his replacement is moot to the situation.
Educate your blissfully ignorant self.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/03-1500...
Five years or less. That's all it will take.
Reasonable Legal Mind

Broken Arrow, OK

#437 May 20, 2009
Teasly McBagger wrote:
<quoted text>
Five years or less. That's all it will take.
You posted:"(with a new, liberal justice)" LOL LOL

HINT: Justice Souter voted against it last time; his vote & therefore his replacement is moot to the situation.

Want to place a wager on that 5 years BS?

Why do you discount the precedent set by the Supreme Court? Oh, yeah. You're Nobama nut. Nuff said. BTW: 01/21/2013 = no more NObama!!!!

WWAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Tulsa-Mom

Broken Arrow, OK

#438 May 20, 2009
Are you guys STILL at it?? LOL
Teasly McBagger

Morris, OK

#439 May 20, 2009
Tulsa-Mom wrote:
Are you guys STILL at it?? LOL
Yes. He keeps me entertained.
Reasonable Legal Mind

Broken Arrow, OK

#440 May 20, 2009
Teasly McBagger wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. He keeps me entertained.
You're a cheap date; in more ways than one!

LOL
simply me

United States

#441 May 20, 2009
aborigine wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to the belief of many people, prayer is widely permitted in U.S. public schools. Students can pray in school busses, at the flag-pole, in student religious clubs, in the cafeteria, in the corridors, etc. Alternatively, a student can come early to class, sit quietly, and pray silently. However, a U.S. Supreme Court decision ( Engel v. Vitale; 1962) ruled that prayer is not normally permitted in public school classrooms when a class is in session. It would violate the principle of church-state separation which, according to the Court, is inferred by the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The separation principle is extended to public schools as an arm of the government.
I am glad you brought this up...many students bring their bibles to school to read. They also wear faith t-shirts and have Christian clubs before or after school. These are choices students make and thank God they still have the freedom to choose to publicly display their Christian faith. I hope these freedoms last. But to teach "religion" in school is dangerous, because there will always be a slant coming from the teacher's perspective, if your faith is important to you, instill it deeply into your child's heart at home and in church, and by the way you live your lives. This in the only sure way to bring up a child in the way they should go. As for the ten commandments; they are true and good for society, why would anyone be theatened by what they say: Thou shall not kill? hummmmmmmm
einzig

Owasso, OK

#442 May 20, 2009
I'm okay with it being there, but if it has to come down I'm okay with that too...the problem is that the ten commandments "should" be written on the hearts of men...not just upon stone.
Fake names

Broken Arrow, OK

#443 Sep 6, 2011
To all those who do not already know, Karl has many names on here, just to make it look like he has people that agree with him. He is a sad hateful old man!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Owasso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Y does DUI McNellie's tulsa Downtown want us to... (Apr '14) 7 hr sam 46
Matrix Serv (Mar '14) 20 hr Tommy guy 65
News Edmonton's Victory Christian Center in limbo (Aug '12) Fri SWITZER LAND 88
Donald Trumpet will Say Anyting Aug 27 Senator INBRED IN... 1
ANR/ABF Relationship-ANY NORMAL PEOPLE OUT THERE? (Dec '10) Aug 26 alwayznice2u 29
News Tulsa Police Arrest Three For Homicide (Dec '09) Aug 25 Mom 73
News Corey Lewandowski: Says 'there's 400,000' ancho... Aug 23 PolakPotrafi 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Owasso Mortgages