State Senate Votes For 10 Commandments Monument

Full story: News on 6 Tulsa

The Oklahoma Senate has voted overwhelmingly for a bill to allow a Ten Commandments monument to be placed on the Capitol grounds.
Comments
1 - 20 of 428 Comments Last updated Sep 6, 2011
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Sean

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Awesome, prayers back in schools next. please
david_h

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

What happened to separation of church and state? I supposed Taxpayers will foot the billl???
kim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

If Brogdon wants to waste his money on it then he should go for it. Hope he leaves enough room on it for a name, date of birth, and date of death because it will wind up as a headstone. It will eventually removed from the capital because it will be proven to be a religious document and not a historical one. It will be an open and shut case. I hope he also has to pay to have it removed plus the court costs that the Oklahoma taxpayers are going to incur for the obvious infraction on our rights.
Eric

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Oh great. Well, I guess you guys won't mind if we put up a copy of the Qur'an next to it then, since we are going to start spewing religion from our state government.

Keep your religion to your $@#! self.
John Actually in Tulsa

Powder Springs, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Keep it out of the government area. Religion is a personal belief and should not be allowed anywhere near politics and our government.
oh brother

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

kim wrote:
If Brogdon wants to waste his money on it then he should go for it. Hope he leaves enough room on it for a name, date of birth, and date of death because it will wind up as a headstone. It will eventually removed from the capital because it will be proven to be a religious document and not a historical one. It will be an open and shut case. I hope he also has to pay to have it removed plus the court costs that the Oklahoma taxpayers are going to incur for the obvious infraction on our rights.
Yeah we wouldn't want "the sheeple" to get confused over church and state since they're already confused
with daily life.
Upstream

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Kudos to Senator Brogdon!
Sam Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Thall shall not worship graven images.
Sam Jones

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.You shall not bow down to them or worship them
Muskogee Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

What ever House-Senate committee member that doesn't vote yes, "NEEDS TO FIND ANOTHER JOB" fast.
kslink

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

It's funny how people get upset about the ten commandments. Folks, God doesn't need a momument, that is what the mountains, and beautiful sunsets represent. Just know this, as you spew your hate over anything acknowleging that God exist, He knows you exist, and even though you deny him or deny the reverence He deserves, He has a purpose for you and the plans he has set in motion for you are good and not evil. Think about this, when certain groups that you probably support, ask to stop the hate, try heeding that advice. I am not even going to get into goverment monies that are way more wasteful than a momument expressing appreciation for our founding fathers who modeled our laws and constitution from this historical document. I love you folks even if you eventually have the precious stone removed.
Muskogee Reader

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Our Country was founded on God. Enough said. The rest of you can skip taking the day off on Christmas, Good Friday, ect...
tulsa reader

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

the house and senate should concern themselves with the pressing problems of the day.....not slam dunk easy stuff....good grief
aborigine

Owasso, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Sean wrote:
Awesome, prayers back in schools next. please
Contrary to the belief of many people, prayer is widely permitted in U.S. public schools. Students can pray in school busses, at the flag-pole, in student religious clubs, in the cafeteria, in the corridors, etc. Alternatively, a student can come early to class, sit quietly, and pray silently. However, a U.S. Supreme Court decision ( Engel v. Vitale; 1962) ruled that prayer is not normally permitted in public school classrooms when a class is in session. It would violate the principle of church-state separation which, according to the Court, is inferred by the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The separation principle is extended to public schools as an arm of the government.
V Kevin Mcfarland

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

I am proud to be in a state where fear does not play a part in our everyday life. I bet every atheist just before they die says or thinks to themselves "OH GOD."
Eric

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

I was going to post again but I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
tulsa reader

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

the commandments and God aside....these bozos need to learn how to add so they might be able to balance the budget.......
Brian

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

This country was founded on the idea that my God my be different from your God. Now our tax payer money s going to go to lawyers fees to defend this monument.

And to the moron that wants prayer in school, I hope your kid(s) get a Wiccan teacher. Your kid will learn more about the true origin of 'christian' holidays than they ever would otherwise.

I'm Catholic and I would prefer to pray with my kids and teach them religion myself. If I wanted them to pray in school or learn religion in school, I would send them to a catholic school. I went to a catholic school as a kid, but some of my other siblings went to public school. They received a better education.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

For the morons that don't read much, you will find the Ten Commandments engraved on the wall at the Supreme Court. Nuff said.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2009

Judged:

Eric wrote:
I was going to post again but I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Vomit probably taste pretty good to someone with your taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 22
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Owasso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Owasso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••